Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
I have a friend that will be there for a week(Starting tomorrow) and wants to buy a surfboard(wake) while he is there. Any local shops or WW members that would want to rent one?
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Im about 2 hrs north of Lanier so Im not familiar with any shops but check out WakeboardAtlanta.com they will be able to help you there.
Old    awsnow            07-26-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Ambush Boarding Co. is in Atlanta. http://www.ambushboardco.com/index.lasso?fuseaction=
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Ambush is THE shop in the metro Atlanta area, the entire region for that matter. Nobody else even comes close to their massive inventory and knowledgeable staff. But is is located about an hour away from Lake Lanier - even longer drive if you hit dreaded Atlanta traffic or if you are way up on the northern end of Lanier. But worth the drive IMO, they'll have a variety of models to choose from, with most other shops you might only have one choice.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Jason, just realized that is you (damn my ADHD)...
There used to be a Correct Craft dealer up closer to Lanier that carried some boards. Might try a yellow pages search for Buford, GA, which is a rapidly growing commercial area up near Lanier. Perhaps somebody has opened a new shop up that way. Also, the Skier's Choice dealer might be closer up that way.

It's been a few years since I really was immersed in the scene there, but pretty much Ambush is the only big game in town. You know those guys right, Chuck, Lee and Eric, Buywake parent company? They are the only ones in the area I know with a solid demo program, which might be the closest your guy will come to a rental.

But I could be wrong. Maybe somebody on Wakeboardatlanta.com could help out.

Congrats on DS2, everybody is raving and I can't wait! I tried to pick one up at MiloSport, but they were sold out. I asked my wife to swing by again today and pick me up a copy. Hope ya'll are well.
-Jimmy Muir
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
I just got done riding with the boys at JOA marine on Lake Lanier. These guys are the Centurion dealers and they sell Hyperlite. Really good people, totally helpfull, and they have great customer service. Every Wednesday they have a free clinic from 12am to 4 pm. I got to ride behind the Enzo today, sick boat! Anyways, here's their address and phone number. Ask for Travis or Ryan.

JOA's Holiday Marina
6900 Holiday Road
Buford, GA 30518
Phone: 770-945-2166
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
But does JOA have a demo or rental program at the Lanier location?
He is looking to rent a surfboard.
I have MUCH experience with JOA, but I'll keep my mouth shut. If they can rent/demo Jason's friend a surfboard, that's probably all that matters.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
He said his friend want's to buy one while he is there, so I gave JOA as one solutiuon.

I tried to find someone in the Atlanta area that rents/demos boards, and I couldn't find one. Ambush used to, but they don't anymore.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
Than guys. What's crack'n Jimmy? hit me up personally.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-27-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Atlanta Inboard on the south end of the lake by the marinas and ramps is the only place you need to go. They have an excellent demo program (carry LF and Hyperlite I know for sure) and they will demo out any board that they have in the shop...unlike only certain models like most shops. Ask for Ashley in the pro-shop.

Atlanta Inboard
5529 Friendship Road
Buford, GA 30518

(PS. Ambush is a great place too, but they don't have hardly anything to demo if they still demo at all. Plus they are no where near Lake Lanier...Atlanta Inboard is about a 1/4 mile down the road from Lake Lanier)
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
Well there ya go!
Is that the Correct Craft dealer?
Old     (saltyoysters)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
is the lake still down , sinclair stays the same because its a power lake and not a drinking lake. i try to ride a xtreme fish as 2 trickboards.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-28-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Dococ: No, Atlanta Inboard is the Malibu dealership...they just built a new, huge nice facility too. Its pretty nice...great people that work there too. They are always very helpful. The Correct Craft dealership changed hands...the old Tige dealership is now the Correct Craft dealer...the old Correct Craft is now Mastercraft...and the old Mastercraft is now Centerion. Crazy dealer swapping going on down here.

Mark W: I went riding yesterday for a few hours in the late after noon on the south end and the lake is still way down. I would say the worst I've ever seen it. You have to be very careful that you stay in the middle of the coves when you're riding and a lot of the ramps are a little sketchy now. The one I went to had the dock sitting in mud...so I had to do the whole anchor the boat and paddle manuever when loading and unloading the boat.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
Wow, that's crazy! I had no ideal all that shifting was going on. I was in ATL a couple weeks ago and was perplexed to see Centurians parked in front of the JOA Marietta location, but they still had the giant MasterCraft sign on the side of the building, so I figured maybe they just added Centurian. I'm guessing my father-in-law will be happy, as he owns 2 MCs and it had always been a concern how to get consistently reliable service. Hopefully, the new MC dealer will be able to make the grade.

Not to be too esoteric, but does anybody know if Jimmy Jenkins stayed at JOA or did he go to the new MC dealer? I've said it many times, that guy is the freaking Obi-Wan Kenobi of ski boat repair. Always good if it's possible to have him do your work.

Anyway, nice to know that Atlanta Inboard/Malibu has stepped it up with a big new store in the Buford/Holiday Marina vicinity! That was sorely needed up that way! Thanks for the tip on that.