Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
Ive been trying to land a toesid frontroll for a while now but can seem to get it all the way around. I can go real big toeside and have no problem with the trip flip aspect of it. It just seems like im just not getting enough pop. Every time i am landing on the board but on my heels and then im just sitting down in a very rough manne..... i.e my nuts cant take much more so how do i get pop. also i have watched the book and i have tried to push off the top of the wake but that just seems to make me drift the flip and not throw it.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-23-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
I had the same problem, here's how I fixed it: make sure that your knees are slightly bent when you approach, if they're almost straight you can't push as hard. More importantly, keep both hands on the handle until you're completely upside down. Think about keeping both hands on the handle longer, and you should overrotate the first couple, and then you'll stick one.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-23-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Make sure you get your chest up off the wake. You actually have to let up on your edge slightly to get bucked. As for the landing, just as you are about to land keep your upper body moving over the board (towards shore). You have to laned with your weight over the board so you get on your toeside edge again. If you don't, you will slide out every time. Keep at it. Before you know you'll get feeling back in your boys!

Post a video clip if you can.

(Message edited by Blabel on July 23, 2006)
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-23-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
ya for sure try and over rotate, you do have to throw them off the lip. when you find it youll def feel the buck. keep the handle super close to your hip and throw yor chest over your toes to initiate the roll. they are tricky to learn, dont get frustrated
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
well i have a couple videos from last summer but those are nothing like whats going on now i was letting go with my back hand immediately and wow all down hill from there.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
When I try to take a TS front wake to wake I usually slide out, but when I take them into the flats I always stomp them, that little bit of extra time really helps me get my weight out over my toes. From personal experience when I didn't make it all the way around on the rotation it was usually because I didn't have a hard enough edge through the wake. Hope this helps.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-24-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
After you pop, try to go for the grab with your back hand. Even if you don't get the grab it will still make you rotate much faster, and you'll will most likely land on your toeside edge and ride away...

www.midwestride.com
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
Wes,

I just learned TS Fronts this summer but have been consistently landing them. I had the same problem with under rotating and landing on my heel side edge and butt. When you’re carving in, make sure you have a nice hard edge all the way up and you’re not too far leaned forward. Edge all the way up and throw it hard, especially if your not getting much pop. Once you start getting good pop you won’t need to throw them as hard. Make sure you keep both hands on the handle until you’re in the air then you can let go with your rear hand. Also, try to throw it more up and over and not straight across the wake. Just keep at it, you will stomp them in no time. Good Luck

Jake
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-24-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
Stay in your tuck until the last possible moment.. and then just sort of stand up for the landing. Most of the time if I am butt checking them, I start thinking about staying in my tuck a little longer. That always seesm to help me. Opening up too early stops your rotation and puts you on your butt.

UJ