Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-11-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
The strength of the lakers is the 2 seven footers and odom off the bench. We have already seen what happens in June when pau trys to play center V Celtics. Shaq (yes hes older but still a load), Perkins, Oneal...no way pau can play center against those guys. Bynum is a true back to the basket post player. No doubt there is risk with his health history...thats a risk i am taking. Melo is a scorer but not a leader. He needs the rock in his hands and we already got enough O. Melo shoots, melo does not pass, rebound or defend. Now going to the clips...that i could get behind.
Lakers won all but the 1st qtr last night, I love kobe's game at this point of his career...really running up the ladder of career points and in some elite company. Props to Ray Allen too, I have always hated the guy but thats because he is that good and never stops moving.
Liz, i think you are right by 2012 williams will be gone.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-11-2011, 5:36 PM Reply   
but for how many more years can you rely on kobe for all your offense? Melo could pick up the slack in the next few years, as kobe starts his decline. the lakers have like 4 7 footers on their team, and only 1 is able to body up in the playoffs? thats sad. Pau I can see, as he is a finesse guy, but the others should be able to hang. ratliff is a pretty tough dude, if I am not mistaken. I just dont see how when one of the top 5 players in the game is available, and you are able to get him by giving up an injury prone center, who is not going to pan out to his expectations, you dont jump on that. (sorry for the long sentence)
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       02-11-2011, 7:39 PM Reply   
Another road win, Kobe was lights out tonight with 70% from the field, pretty good for a role player.....
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-11-2011, 9:21 PM Reply   
So does anyone believe Derrick Williams comments about him not having anything (major) to do with Sloan leaving Utah? Karl Malone is on tv during the Utah Phoenix game giving a great interview about how great of a coach Sloan was and how much he meant to him.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23 View Post
So does anyone believe Derrick Williams comments about him not having anything (major) to do with Sloan leaving Utah? Karl Malone is on tv during the Utah Phoenix game giving a great interview about how great of a coach Sloan was and how much he meant to him.
I meant Deron Williams, not Derrick.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
zero doubt about it... Deron Williams didnt want to play the style of basketball that Sloan wanted to.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
as kobe starts his decline
Starts!? Volume Shooters career has been highlighted by playing next to Shaq, a true dominant force. Volume Shooter has no where to decline, he has become a role player on an average team. Is Volume Shooter a top 15 player even? Doubt it.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
Train, IMO... probably another 2 or 3 years. Still a little too early to worry about "replacing" Kobe. Who is going to tell him to defer to melo?
We will have to see if ratlif gets healthy. I just think its the wrong player at the wrong time. It would also prob mean giving up on this years championship hopes trying to get melo to learn the triangle. Lakers could use a point guard more than a forward.
Sloan coached "winning" teams...in his 22-23 years only one under .500 team, 15 consecutive winning seasons, 11, 50 win seasons and 17 playoff appearances...in freaking UTAH. good luck to the Jazz w/o him.
Oh and thanks to the clippers for costing me again. Baron gets robbed on a goaltending call, Cavs, tie it and win in OT. Im off the clipper bandwagon til at least next year.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-14-2011, 7:35 PM Reply   
Good game today for Kobe. Poor shooting and alot of turnovers ontop of a loss... thus furthering my factual statements regarding how the lakers have become pauL's team.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-16-2011, 8:25 PM Reply   
Volume Shooter followed up with ANOTHER great performance..... TERRIBLE shooting to go along with 7 turnovers.

Like I have stated this has become pauL's team. Volume Shooter should just retire now, hes become abysmal.

WHERE ALL THE LAKERS FANS AT? they get clowned on by a 10-46 team and everyone disappears. shocking.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-16-2011, 8:36 PM Reply   
"they get clowned on by a 10-46 team and everyone disappears. shocking."
give it a rest numbnuts. the game has been over for like an hour maybe?? I am sure most laker fans dont log on to WW to vent or gloat minutes after each game. how sad a life you have, that you come on here to gloat the failings of anothers team. I hate kobe as much as most people who do, but seriously, give it a rest. no one cares!!!!!!!!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-17-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
The Lakers look terrible. They look bored, tired and completely disinterested. Not all that surprising though. I expect a better team to come out of the all-star break.

Eric, nobody responds to you because most of us have you on auto-ignore in this thread. You post the same nonsense day after day without any substance. You're ridiculous.

Carry on.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-17-2011, 11:22 AM Reply   
Nonsense!? You clearly cant think this is still Volume Shooters team? pauL posts numbers, although hes soft, he can play. Volume Shooter cant compete at this level anymore.... maybe a D league showing?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-17-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
Nice night for Bynum... 2 for 12 and all within 5 feet of the rim...way to get the trade mill turning again. Cavs had no one on the floor over 6'9", opportunity wasted. Sessions looked sharp.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-18-2011, 10:38 PM Reply   
Anyone else actually excited for the dunk contest this weekend? It will be nice to have to watch Nate Robs and Dwight Howards dunks again this year. Blake Griffin should not disappoint. I read an article on espn that he has been studying dunks on youtube.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-19-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23 View Post
Anyone else actually excited for the dunk contest this weekend? It will be nice to have to watch Nate Robs and Dwight Howards dunks again this year. Blake Griffin should not disappoint. I read an article on espn that he has been studying dunks on youtube.
Hopefully mine...

Always excited for the Dunk Contest, though its been very lame recently...
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-19-2011, 8:50 PM Reply   
Anyone see the Dunk contest the voting system is so biased
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
Another lame dunk contest.. Blake (in fairness is the best in game dunker this year), but he simply could have done a one handed dunk and won... yawn. If your going to go over a car, go over the car, not the hood... weak.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-23-2011, 8:27 AM Reply   
Carmelo to the Knicks. They've got Billups, Amare, Melo and .......? Hopefully the new CBA screws the teams trying to load up on superstars.

And now Deron Williams to the Nets for Derrick Favors and Devin Harris. In my opinion the Jazz win in this situation. Hell maybe even Jerry Sloan will come back.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-23-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
I think this second trade was pretty smart. Utah didnt want another fiasco like in Cleveland or Denver. I think i would take Williams over Carmelo to build a team around...yeah I know its Amare and Melo... Utah got some talent in Favors and Harris. Will be interesting to see how the Knicks, Nets and Jazz play with their new guys. Looks like there is no love loss between the 2 NY owners and teams. What ever happened to EJ in this conversation?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
Jazz got a steal here. I think Williams was gone in 18 months, so to get this back…WOW. What a HUGE BONUS. The Jazz REALLY wanted Favors before the draft last year and tried like crazy to get up to get him. Harris is no Deron Williams, but he's a talented point.. Two #1’s and some cash…. I’ll take this deal all day long.

I’m not saying that you can replace Deron Williams, but I am saying that if I was the Jazz GM and you offered me this deal today….I’d knock the phone off the desk trying to get to the pen.

What a crazy year for the Jazz…. Slow start, then on fire, then dumping…..Sloan hits the road, Williams gets traded…. I’m worn out….

I will say that I just heard that Williams heard about this deal on ESPN and that is unfortunate.... Though I think that is more indicative towards how poorly the Nets are as an organization(I have to assume they leaked this). Regardless, I think it is a poor way to let your cornerstone find out you shipped him off.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-23-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
The dunk contest was incredibly dumb. The best dunk was Derozen's eastbay funk off the backboard/hoop was the best dunk and he didn't even make the finals. The guy from OK city that did the legit free throw line dunk was good to. It takes some athleticism for a guy that tall to be able to pull that off. Blake did some awesome dunks as well but too bad they didnt' get the points that his stupid choir, car dunk did. His 2 handed 360 was a legit dunk. In the end I thin kthe dunk contest is mostly for the kids and if the kids liked it then whatever. I still would like to see James Flight in a dunk contest against some of these guys. That guy made free throw line dunks look easy. I think I saw him in a dunk contest one year try 3 straight free throw line dunks. The first was a 2 handed cock back to the side, the second was a windmill free throw line and the third was an eastbay funk free throw line dunk. He got the first 2 and came pretty close on the eastbay funk one.

Here is a little clip of one of the UW freshman doing the Derozen dunk in practice a couple days ago. He does it better then Derozen.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....91147&comments
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2011, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
What ever happened to EJ in this conversation?
Don't come around much....because there is no conversation. This place is SOOOOO stinking dead. Use to have lively conversation and now we have a HUGE, MONSTER 24 hours of NBA trades and this place is crickets....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-24-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
EJ, its only because you arnt around, you are the straw that stirs the drink!!
Ok, i dont get it...Doc Rivers says LA beat us in the finals because perkins was out...Now they trade Perkins to OKC??? The Celtics must have something up their sleeve because the Oneal/Oneal and Kristic tag team is not up to this.(celts traded the 7ft rookie too.)
Sorry Baron but you take the $$ and dont play to your level you end up in Cleveland. Clips got better, but not enough yet.

Last edited by 95sn; 02-24-2011 at 2:56 PM. Reason: i cant read w/ comprehension
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-25-2011, 1:24 AM Reply   
okc just got way stronger w/ the addition of perkins and mohammed. not to say they're dominant players, but they will make a difference; okc's no longer a small team.

deron williams' trade shocked the hell out of everyone. i doubt he'll re-sign w/ the nets, so i hope the lakers pick him up when he becomes a free agent.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
I don't understand the Perkins trade either.... In fact, I am trying to find someone who does.... That said, I have always liked Jeff Green....

Interesting comment from a "Jazz insider" about Williams...take it for what it is worth... They said they think he is going to end up playing for 5-6 teams in his career, as he is someone who feels like the grass is always greener.... It will be interesting to see how that plays out....

I am going to miss him at his best, GOD HE WAS A MONSTER when he was dialed in. Though he appeared to have shut it down the last month for the Jazz. NEVER thought I would say that Deron Williams didn't look like he was competing...but that is how it looked when the Jazz went South.... It will be interesting to see his body language on a chitty NJ team.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
EJ, its only because you arnt around, you are the straw that stirs the drink!!
I actually laughed out loud.... We need a more Biblical like resurrection to get this place fired up and back to the constant banter of old...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-25-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
I think it was Reggie Jackson who said he was the straw when he was w/ the Yankees...

i still dont get the celtic trade at all, Green is a nice player but Boston has nothing in the middle anymore. I just called shaq "nothing", shaq tell me how my --- tastes... Maybe they were worried about getting by miami...but they beat them 3 in a row... Celts had their Mr. Magoo glasses on, cant see a thing.
I am afraid i agree w/ joe...okc just got dangerous! Would love to have williams in a laker uni.

As far as keeping the thread moving...i used to be alerted whenever there was a post, i dont anymore. maybe i need to update something??

Lakers V. New Clippers tonight, i have sworn off betting on Clippers forever...or at least until sterling sells them (never, but i will outlive him so there is that...). Bad luck, bad karma, bad ownership, bad picks, bad trades...bad for darrel.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2011, 10:36 PM Reply   
VERY please with the new guys tonight....VERY PLEASED!!!

FAR more impressive was the team defense....where has that been all year. I REALLY hope that we can keep Klinko at the end of the year, sign him for a reasonable amount of money.... In fact, he should give the Jazz a hometown discount due to the fact that he has been outrageously overpaid for the past few years.... The guy is a freak....but not worth what we are currently paying.

The OKC trade will be interesting. Being a Jeff Green fan, I wonder how his absence is going to effect them.....as well as how having an actual defensive presence in the middle will change things...

Never thought I would be saying that SA looks legit....I thought they were just too old....but I was wrong.
The Lakers look tired(disinterested?) at times... Wonder if they could care less about the regular season and feel like they can turn it on come the first of April....? They have A LOT of games on those legs the past 3 years.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-27-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
Good lord Harden has owned Kobe defensively. Kobe complains so much its beyond clownlike. In the meantime, Kobe lets harden go to the left and looks at PauL for no help d?! what the.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-28-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
2 very entertaining games yesterday; okc v la and nyk v mia. the thunder got 2 great looks...good thing they didn't go down! and i'm a fan of amare and carmelo, so i was glad to see miami go down. would love to see the jazz beat the celtics tonight.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2011, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
would love to see the jazz beat the celtics tonight.
Close, but couldn't get stops at the end.

Big Al is playing like a Mad Man right now.... If Raja would do anything, I think the Jazz could make the playoffs.....

Back to HATING CJ Miles.... I will be VERY, VERY disappointed if they Jazz pick up his option.... They may have to, meaning it may just work financially....but I just don't think the kid works hard enough. He looks like he lives on McDonalds, cookies and soda.

Every time I watch Harris and Favors play, I am more convinced the trade was win for the Jazz.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2011, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Every time I watch Harris and Favors play, I am more convinced the trade was win for the Jazz.
and after watching deron williams on the nets' last play last night, i too thought the jazz won in the trade.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
nice to see the heat blow a 24pt lead and "queen" james miss another last second shot.

anyone see the ending of the den-utah game last night? that was nuts!!! i thought the ball should've gone out-of-bounds to the jazz since kenyon touched the ball while standing OOB. either way, kirilenko should've made the shot.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-04-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
I heard the Heat had a 24 point lead so i never turned on that game...then i woke up to the results...its so easy to be happy when the Heat loses. Especially after having such a big lead. Lebron may be the best nba player for 3 qtrs in the history of the game.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-07-2011, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
anyone see the ending of the den-utah game last night? that was nuts!!! i thought the ball should've gone out-of-bounds to the jazz since kenyon touched the ball while standing OOB. either way, kirilenko should've made the shot.
Broke my heart....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-07-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
About time the lakers stuffed a team like the spurs, sweet win.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
LA V. Miami...already set the tivo for this one. No let up, Make them cry Lakers!
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-10-2011, 3:59 PM Reply   
Looks like I'm not going to class today..... Lets go LAKERS
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2011, 6:15 AM Reply   
bynum's been playing really well lately; rebounding like he's supposed to, blocking and altering shots like he's supposed to. for the people that were all for the bynum-for-carmelo trade, i wonder what they're saying now.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
They are perhaps reconsidering?
He has done this b4...and then he goes down. Lets hope he stays healthy, keeps bangin the boards and swatting shots. If he can, no one in the West is beating the Lakers. Based on their recent record I think the Celtics blew it trading Perkins, Bulls seem to be the team to beat.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-16-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
Melo for bynum would have been a steal... Lets be real here.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-16-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
I still think the lakers should have shipped bynum for melo. bynum has stretches where he plays at about 80% of his potential. then he gets hurt and regresses. give it time. he is due for another knee/leg injury.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2011, 2:37 PM Reply   
"Melo for bynum would have been a steal... Lets be real here" ...maybe if you are putting a team together from scratch...maybe. The Lakers didnt need someone else to score, they need defense, its how they win in June. NY is at .500 since the trade, D antoni begging the guys to play D. Gave up 119 in a loss to the pacers last night, thats two losses in a row to the 8 seed pacers. Knicks are 29th in points allowed and lost twice to cleveland w/ anthony. Twice. Denver has improved since shipping Anthony off. Pairing anthony and Amare gives the impression Isiah Thomas is still calling the shots in NY.
Train, ya gotta think positive. No more knee problems for Bynum.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
I said it before and I'll say it again.. the Lakers do NOT need another huge offensive force. They need defense and Carmelo, as great as he is, does nothing to help us in that area. Bynum is the reason the Lakers have one loss since the All-Star break.

Anyone else catch Kobe's ankle injury during the Mavs game? That was NASTY. Say what you will about the guy.. but he's got tremendous work ethic.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-23-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
Anyone else catch the triple overtime Lakers/Suns? I was mad that LA gave up a 21 pnt lead in about 6 minutes ending the 3rd qtr....but the 3 overtimes were great fun! 2 wins w/o Bynum...things looking good in Lakerland today.
Tim duncan out.
Rudy gay out for season ending surgery.
Knicks lose again, gotta love it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-23-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
last night's game, though entertaining, was frustrating and further proof of bynum's importance to the laker team.

i hope the lakers hang on to #2, or if lucky, take the top spot in the west, since portland's in the #6 spot. i'd hate for the lakers to face them in the 1st round.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-24-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
^^^concur. I am eyeing the Hornets first round. If it is portland i think we are ok, that bad streak at the rose garden is over.
Spurs/Nuggets was just like LA/Suns the night before, freaking shootfest, bombsaway, ABAish! I dont think the lakers can catch san antonio, almost imposible.
Knicks lose again at home.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
Lakers mavs...anyone else care? Gonna have to miss the long awaited Dodger home opener. Yawn.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
i care. like i said earlier, if the lakers drop to #3 and everyone else stays put, the lakers would have to face the blazers in the 1st round. they're probably the most dangerous 1st round team to face. with that said, if the lakers play tonight the way they've been playing since the all-star break, they should win. and if the spurs continue to play hurt/miss players due to injuries, the chances of the lakers taking #1 in the west is getting better.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-01-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
Spurs, at home, with Manu, Parker, Mcdyess, and Timmy back...lose again. Rondo had it goin on. Did not expect SanAntonio to self destruct at this point in the season, very un-popovich like.
Lakers punched Mavs in the grill. 5 ejections 3 T's, a lot of pushing and shoving and a 28 point Victory... New T-shirts went on sale last night..."Matt Barnes will kill you...if Ron Artest doesnt first!"
Nice to see Barnes taking up for Blake and Brown for Gasol. Lakers are good and tough.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-02-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
good comeback for the lakers last night, after being down 17pts early in the 1st half. can you imagine what they would have done to the jazz had the lakers decided to show up earlier than late in the 2nd quarter? gotta give credit to the jazz though; they came out firing and showed no fear. i can't put my finger on it, but they're really not missing too many pieces to make the playoffs next year. maybe they need to convince jerry sloan to come back?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-02-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
and for the record, yeah, i realize that the jazz were missing 4 starters last night.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-03-2011, 3:11 PM Reply   
Lamar Odom. Get big. Kenyon just owned you.

For those every game Laker watchers. If kobe misses a shot has he ever not complained about a foul? In the history of his career...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2011, 10:43 PM Reply   
i think shaq's body is trying to tell him something. http://yhoo.it/fM0Rsg

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-04-2011, 11:41 AM Reply   
^^yeah his body cant cash the checks Boston is writing...but he hobbles to the bank anyway. Ainge took a big gamble trading perkins while betting heavy on the oneals. ouch.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-11-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
Lakers drop 5 in a row... I've been in a perpetual pissy mood for the last week and a half.

The Lakers straight up have stopped trying and are coasting into the playoffs. They will turn it on in the playoffs like they always do.. but what spot in the playoffs are we going to be in? If we're not careful, it will be 4th and we'll have to face Denver in the first round.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-12-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
i'd rather face denver than portland.

the lakers will be fine. win tonight and tomorrow and they lock up #2 in the west.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-12-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
OKC vs. Chicago in finals.

Bynum hurt again? I am SHOCKED!!

it does suck, but this should surprise NO ONE.

Last edited by ttrigo; 04-12-2011 at 9:36 PM. Reason: ee
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
I am really excited for the game tonight in Sac... I expect a GREAT game. Probably the last game for the Kings in Sac.. so it should be interesting.

Last night hurt... bad. However, I did read an update from 1:30am that said Bynum was walking without a noticeable limp and said had the game been a playoff game, he would have come back in. He said it hurt, but wasn't anything terrible and he'd be okay. I'm crossing my fingers the MRI this morning proves exactly that.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
I think Bynum will play but there is a good chance it will not be at 100%...which is what Lakers will need to win. And, yeah...disappointing about Andrew, kid was playing well.
I feel bad for Sac fan, nba is over for them and it shouldnt be.
Blake with chicken pox, i havnt heard how long he will be out, I dont have chicken pox experience. Barnes knee giving him trouble, he wont be back at 100% at all during the playoffs. Gonna be a tough run.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
my 1st round predictions:

spurs over grizzlies, 4-2; this would've been more competitive had rudy gay been healthy
lakers over hornets, 4-1; w/ or w/o david west, the hornets can't compete w/ the lakers in a 7-game series
thunder over nuggets, 4-2; this one's going to be a track meet
mavs over blazers, 4-3; this one could go either way

bulls over pacers, 4-1; the bulls are on fire right now
heat over 76ers, 4-0; the sixers win 1 against the heat? really?
celtics over knicks, 4-2; age could come into play, but w/ the celts' age comes experience
magic over hawks, 4-1; hawks will be lucky to win 1

don't quote me.

Last edited by dakid; 04-14-2011 at 8:22 PM.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
Go Jazz!
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-17-2011, 8:08 AM Reply   

Could the NBA be any more obvious who they are biased towards?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-17-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
How about the Hawks?!

If Orlando can't get a win with Howard posting up almost 50 points, things might not be so good for them. I think their shooting will turn around and still pull out the series, but its going to be a bit more interesting with them having to dig out of a hole.

Heat looked good (despite that first quarter)... they came back well though and started to click.... I hope big Z gets a ring.
Bulls scared me big time... It was a great comeback, but the fact they needed a comeback was shocking.

I as long as the finals aren't Lakers and Boston again I'll be happy - thats a lose lose for me.

I think OKC v. MIA would be good, I love Wade (from his Wisco playing days) and big Z
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
I dont think there is a team in the playoffs that the Lakers cant beat in a 7 game series. Thats the team that came out of the allstar break. I also think they could lose to any team. Hows that for having a take and sticking to it? Tonight, Lakers "sting" the Hornets.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
memphis is about to go up, 3-1 on the spurs. who saw that comin'?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-26-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
im guessin the guys in Memphis who tanked games so they would get the match up w/ spurs. Other than that, no one.
Lakers take game 5 and 6.
Love that the knicks were swept with their power duo, blame it on dantoni, or not.
Go Lakers
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-26-2011, 3:37 PM Reply   
not a knicks fan by any measure, but they really did not have a chance against the celtics. Amare hurt, billups hurt, and the celtics doing their usual late season dogging it until the playoffs roll around. Celtics look nothing like the team from the past 8 weeks. I think the Lakers win this one in 7, but that is as far as they go.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2011, 7:01 AM Reply   
the hornets' shooting in the 1st quarter was ridiculous! 81% - are you kidding me? glad to see the lakers weather that storm and finally play their game from the 2nd quarter on. it seemed like kobe's dunk got 'em going. whatever it takes at this point, i guess. that dunk was nice; as was the left hander over landry.

i say the lakers go after chris paul once he's a free agent.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-27-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Ive never seen 80+ shooting either! Lakers killing hornets on the o-boards and total rebounds, Hornets turning it over left and right and still lakers only had a slim lead...til the mamba posterized Omeka. That left hand was sick too. CP3 is the best point guard in the nba, (I know he's good because i said F* chris paul about 20 times last night and throughout this series) he has the killer instinct that many dont... I wish the Lakers could make that move.
Even healthy the Celtics would beat the Knicks. If you dont play defense or rebound in the playoffs you lose. Dantoni's style is fun and exciting during thr reg season but thats it. I think it works great in smaller markets cause its exciting to win like that and fans love it. NY aint a small market and they'll fire him soon. The Suns were loaded w/ talent... Nash, pre-microfracture Amare, Matrix, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and the brazilian blur Barbosa...never won jack. Obviously im no knick fan either. And your right about Boston, they are a new team in the playoffs. Doc Rivers can coach.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Anyone still want to trade Andrew Bynum? Kid is growing up and dominating. Will be fun to see how he plays against the length of Dirk, Chandler and Haywood.
Go Spurs tonight!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-30-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
bye bye spurs.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-01-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
memphis? really?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
Grizzlies on a roll. Randolph and that other gasol are killing it.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
"that other gasol".. hahahaha!!!

Go Memphis!! I'd much rather face them in the Western Conference Finals than the Thunder.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2011, 11:11 AM Reply   
Typical lakers...giving up a big lead as fast as they got it. ...not so typical mavs...finishing. Sucks that they put themselves in a hole to begin this series too, wont be as simple to make up ground on the mavs.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-03-2011, 5:00 PM Reply   
i'm starting to think the lakers got the wrong gasol.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-04-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
^^thought that a time or two also. I try to remember we have 3 finals appearances and two championsips w/ older brother. Marc is definatly coming into his own along side Randolph and pau is struggling in these first two rounds. Hey pau, what have you done for me lately?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-05-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
woo hoo!!