Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (night_hawkps3)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-29-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
Im a slalom skier more then a wakeboarder but i started wakeboarding 4-5 years ago and now i hardly touch my ski. bought a new 2013 20 foot reinell not a wake boat but put a little weight in her and it will do just fine. im thinking of a tower but need advice about what kind. thinking of the Arial Airborne tower is it any good.?
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
We've sold a bunch of Airborne towers on OnlyInboards and they seem to be a good tower, but the problem is that they are never in stock. I personally would not purchase one unless you have confirmed that they are in stock and ready to ship. This one is almost exactly the same but might fit your windshield line a bit better
https://www.onlyinboards.com/Accesso...por-Tower.aspx
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-31-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
I did a lot of researching before I installed the Big Air H20 on the Tahoe we owned. It is a stainless tower with some aluminum pieces, so it wasn't too heavy.
http://www.bigairwaketowers.com/towers/h2o/
It worked great for us, but I also wanted one I could use with the factory bimini.

Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-31-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
Get a joystick pro series tower. Inexpensive and much better quality mounts than other towers in that price range. Plus they are USA made.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-31-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
I did a lot of researching before I installed the Big Air H20 on the Tahoe we owned. It is a stainless tower with some aluminum pieces, so it wasn't too heavy.
http://www.bigairwaketowers.com/towers/h2o/
It worked great for us, but I also wanted one I could use with the factory bimini.

Sounds like you and I had the exact same idea. I had a 2011 Bayliner 185 that I wanted to add a tower to, but didn't like a lot of the options out there because I wanted to keep the factory bimini as well. Got some good reviews on Big Air Towers, took some measurements and figured the H20 would fit and allow me to keep my top. Placed my order and had the tower on my doorstep less than 24hrs later, and it was crazy affordable. I caught them on sale and got the tower built to my measurements, 2 kicker 6.5" component speakers, 2 polished speaker cans, a double board rack, and a combo board rack for about $1400 shipped. Was surprisingly strong yet light, and held up great, plus the threaded mount knobs made it easy to lay down the tower to get it into my garage if needed.

Install wasn't too difficult either, only took me about 4.5 hours by myself to install just the tower. With 2 people it should be a breeze.