Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       11-28-2011, 2:58 PM Reply   
Im looking at the 2010 Viva with the sintered base and just wanted some peoples opinions. I know the bill comes with it, but the bill is a year newer. How durable is the sintered base? The only experience I have with grind bases is Liquid Forces as I have the witness grind and it lasted me 7 months of park riding. I found a great deal on it and want to get the viva, but I just want to know other peoples experiences with their slider base. Thanks
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       11-28-2011, 3:29 PM Reply   
The Sintered Base is super durable, and slides most surfaces really well. Most boards that I have seen that have ridden a lot on rails are still in pretty good shape, with just some minor cosmetic stuff. depending on the color of the base. Behind the boat the sintered base is still really fast as well.
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       11-28-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
yeah I never ride boat. Maybe like 3 times a year, and its just for fun behind a fishing boat. Strictly cable. Its just odd that Ive never seen anyone with a viva at a cable park (sintered or not)
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       11-28-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
Viva isn't the most popular cable board, super stiff, (art even stiffer). Most people ride the bill or phoenix because they are a softer layup and flex much better. I do know some people that ride the viva on cable and really like it though. Just personal preference.
Old     (jsmilez321)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-28-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
Ive rode the ronix one 2010 and the 2011 One ATR... Never on cable though strictly behind boat but broke both of them this summer. But they take care of their customers just got my 2012 ATR which looks sick! Can't wait to ride it! But as far as speed of the sintered base I really couldn't tell .. They both felt smooth to me. I heard from the grapevine that they used a different core material in 2010 and had some issues and went back to the material they used in 2009 in the 2011 boards... Just what I heard or read somewhere ... like Travis said its supposed to be a real stiff board but I watched chad sharpe go huge on a kicker in Knoxville at the PWT if that amounts for anything .....