Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hey every body, I keep hearing rumors about a new cable park in AZ. Anyone else heard about this? If it were true, what would the community response be? Think it would take off.} I'm looking forward to it... if it's true..later
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
well they used to have one in chandler... and its not there anymore cause they went bankrupt
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Actually they did not go bankrupt. The lake is still there and the original owner still owns the housing development that was put around the lake. There are talks of one being put up in a well populated area. That is all I can say. Before I moved I spent about 2 years working on one in AZ. We had all the funding but could not get approved for the water rights. If one does go up in AZ it will have to go on an existing body of water. which will limit your design and other uses of the complex as well.
The one in AZ did extremely well, but it was a little before it's time. If one was put in now I think it would do better than most the other cable parks in the country as long as it was done right.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-17-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Hey Brinks, I sent you an email. I'm curious about the park you mentioned. Also I have a few question for you, later
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-18-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Ian I'd love to have a cable park itd be great for the wakeboard community in AZ and it attract alot of out staters
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-18-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
I agree with you all in regards to the park...and especially the location. Chandler would be a great place for something like this. What do we all phoenicians need to do to get this rolling??

kd
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
See that's the thing Chandler would be a good place, but I live on the far west side so it would suck for me....WE NEED 2 PARKS!! lol I think there would be enough business for it since there are no amusement parks and it hot and sunny almost year around. I think we all out grow Water World and Big Surf at around age 10-12...perfect time to start cable boarding.
Later
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-21-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
To bad nobody is rich enough to buy the rights to Tempe town lake. Its already a great shape for a cable and the business would be incredible right in front of ASU.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-21-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
We feel your pain here in NC. Our old cable park is laying dorment as well.
Sure wish someone would reserect them.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-21-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
Yeah a cable park would be awesome on tempe town lake it would be in my backyard!!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-21-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
not only is your cable park dorment xgirl, i think they took the cable equipment to florida to build one there.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-21-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
Hey Ian, I think you know my son Larry, He would drive any within 5 hours to ride. I think you location is off thow, Buckeye would be the place to put it, you all the Califrnians would come.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
Hey Gordie, yeah Larry say's he's ready for a new cable park. But if those Californians would drive 6 hours to Buckeye they'll drive another 30 minutes just to get out of Buckeye and into town where there is more to do. But a Buckeye location would make it 3 cable parks. That's cool with me!! I'm sure Larry wouldn't mind either. They could all get together and sell a 3 park pass!! Nice! I'd be there.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-22-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
Ian, pick up a west valley view, Buckeye will be the next Glendale or Peoria. New baseball spring training coming New mall,New sports complex, New Wave Tank, but I guess that's more of Goodyear on the edge of Buckeye, and if you have did a lake it will be alot less money on the WEST SIDE. just my .02 any where sounds good.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Yeah they like to show growth rates of different cities but just for a comparison look at the size of Buckeye's recently annexed land. They have no where to go but up. Hopefully the housing market picks back up or people out at places like Tartesso will be screwed. I work for a large company that works directly with major development companies and it will be slow going for the next year and a half or so (pertaining to the housing development). It's good though, this will give the commercial side time to catch up out there. We just finished the design for the new mall so it shouldn't be to much longer before they are breaking ground. Is Larry going to be ridding at the boat show? I forgot to ask him.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Brett, are you talking about the park being built in North Ft. Myers, FL? They haven't updated their web site for almost a year now. But I got curious and looked the photos on their web site. Then searched the area with Google Earth and found what I think may be a match. Here's a link to their photos and pics from google earth.

http://southernboarder.net/_wsn/page3.html

Upload
Upload

Edit: Oh yeah this location is near I-75 and Bayshore Rd. The coordinates are Lat: 26�43'9.35"N, Long: 81�49'23.04"W.

I'm originally from the Ft Myers area and my family still lives there.

(Message edited by fly135 on January 22, 2007)
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-22-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Ian, yes he is going to be riding at Boat show, still not sure of the schedule, should know something tonight, I think it's 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, wed thru firday. But who knows he never tells me much, unless he needs money..
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-22-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Hey Ian, what day's are you going? I would like to meet up with you.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-22-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
ya, that's the one john. I guess they stopped construction on it. it seems like such a bitch to build cable parks...especially with all the permits and crap. It sucks,,, cable's are sooo much fun
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2007, 5:25 AM Reply   
Hey Gordie, we are going on Friday and should be there around 1:30-2pm. We might go another day on the weekend depending on if the girls want to go and when everybody is ridding. I haven't seen Larry ride other than in "Almost Famous" I'd like to check him out, he kills it in all his video's.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-24-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Gordie, by the way what days or time is Larry ridding? I'll stop by the board shack today and see if I can catch him. Shot me an email and I'll send you my cell number.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-24-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Ian- you guys been out riding lately. what is the water like. i am itching to get out and ride.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-24-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Choppy, it's been so windy lately we haven't gone out in two weeks. It was white capping in the smallest cove we could find. Not that Lake Un-Pleasant is ever really calm but the water temp 2 weeks ago was 59f down by the dam, not too bad. We are heading out Thursday I believe, "winds - light and variable," we will see I guess.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-24-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
cool. i am going to attempt next sunday or monday.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-24-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
What lake are you going too factory?
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-24-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
probably the un-pleasant. that is where my boat is stored at.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-25-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Hey Ian, he rode allday yesterday, today he said they will staet riding at 1;00 and again at 2 or 3 and at 6;00 as long as nobody leaves in the meat wagon and the fire marshall doesnt shut them down.