Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-01-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hey I am trying to decide between the 07 factions and the 07 Zeus and I am really not sure.... I rode the Zeus all last year right up untill recently when I was riding my friends Shanes while my brother had my Zeus's... I like how flexible the shanes were but I wouldnt want any less support, and I dont like super stiff bindings like the watsons (where it feels liek your wearing a cast) so how do the Factions stack up??

Also, if support is the only difference between the Zeus and Faction, why is there more than a 100 dollar difference in price??

How does the hold down compare between the Zeus and the Faction??

Any heel lift in the faction?? because there was NO heel lift in my Zeus's??

Lastly, is the inner meterial the same in both or is something there different ot change the price on them??

Thanks for any help!!!

CHRIS
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-02-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
The heel hold down on both are the same, the Factions just dont go up as high on the ankle and the Zeus is a stiffer boot, then the Factions.
The price difference is 90 dollars not more then a 100.
The factions sell for 259.99 and the zeus are 349.99.
The Zues is just a little more durable and a higher end binding then the the Faction.
For 07 the inner materials are the same.
Hope this helps, I think either binding is a great choice.
If you can demo the Factions before you buy and see what you think.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-02-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
Zues, way more support..
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-02-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
I had the 06 factions and the latch came open every time I landed.I had them as tight as they would go.They are the most comfortable binding I have had except for this problem.

Anyone else have this prob??
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-02-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
If you still have your Factions John, call CWB and will send out a part for your Factions that will fix the problem.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-02-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
I got that part to repair the Factions, but can't get one of the screws out of the binding to insert the fix. Any suggestions for how to get the screw out besides drilling it out and replacing it altogether?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-02-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
I had to drill mine out and have CWB send me new screws. Or, you can get something that will suffice at home depot (that's what I did).

I can say that once you get those reinforcement pieces in there, the Factions rock! Since installing this piece in mine the hinge has NEVER popped open. The reinforcement piece also makes the rear overlay much more supportive than before. They are still flexible side to side, but when leaning back on them there is no give at all.

(Message edited by nauty on November 02, 2006)
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-02-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Les you can either do what Richard did or send them back to CWB for repair.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-02-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
has anyone ridden the 07 Zeus's and some other binding and could maybe compare the support to another bindings... ive ridden almost every bindings out there so I got a feeling for what I like.

also, I tried on the factions today and I thought they were very comfortable... awesome heel hold down, but I think they lacked support just a little to much for me. Seems like if there was a lace whole another inch up they would be perfect but if that is what the zeus's are like, than there probably perfect!
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-02-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
o how can you tell if the Factions have that extra support piece on them???
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-04-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
all of the new Factions have the extra support piece in them, I believe it was only the first production run that didn't have it. I will say that it made a huge difference in mine though.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-06-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Richard and Jeff. Now that the season is over I think I will send them back to CWB for the repair. I bought a little hardware gadget that would probably let me drill it out, but I never got around to it and just rode them as they were. They don't usually pop open on me because I can't do much yet anyway. I've also been using some 3DS 06 bindings I picked up as spares and they are very supportive but a bear to get on and off so far. I hear they will break in some with use.