Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-05-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
"In addition, MTV will be filming the show “Made” at our event. This will surely bring the level of excitement up a few notches."

so does anyone know anything about this? i think it would be hard to ride with only 30 days of practice... just me

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-05-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
with 30 days in a row of practice i am sure the average athletic person could easily compete in intermediate
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-05-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
Dammit, I was gonna try and make my girlfriend do it for wakeboarding!

All I can say is that I hope its a chick, and I hope she is hot.
Old     (boarderbabe)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-06-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
Anyone have any idea when it's going to air?? Have been spending too much time wakeboarding to watch tv
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-06-2005, 10:55 PM Reply   
The girls name is Joan. Never met her but Billy Garcia from Gator Boards and Free Ride wakeboard camp is her Instructor. The contest should be sweet the lake where it is goin down at is sick. I rode in the South East Texas tourny there the private lake is so money.

www.freeridewakeboard.com
www.wakeculture.com
Old     (gatorboardstx)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-07-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 8:02 pm:

with 30 days in a row of practice i am sure the average athletic person could easily compete in intermediate

actually it's no where near 30 days in a row, more like 2-3 days a week. the other days are filled with Mtv b.s. and recovery for the rider. she's not your average athletic person. never boarded, school newspaper, band type of person. the 1st time out they made her ride three days in a row and she was in major pain.

www.gatorboards.com
www.freeridewakeboardschool.com
www.360wakeboard.com

(Message edited by gatorboardstx on July 07, 2005)
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
lol, i was totally going to do that! I don't think they would pick a wakeboarder though, they would probably want someone like this joan girl who has never wakeboarded once in her life and who doesn't look or act like the average boarder. That sucks, i would be so stoked to have a coach do that for me! But 2-3 days of riding a week for a month doesn't seem like a lot of practice to me. If she is like a lot of girls i know she won't charge it and won't improve. But who knows maybe she will shock us all!
Old     (gatorboardstx)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-07-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
should air sometime in September
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
I doubt that they will air one of her just sucking the whole time though. Everyone onethey air always shows the person improving and actually turning out decent at whatever they are trying to do. I am sure that this girl will turn out ok
Old    byerly137pro            07-12-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
The girl who did the bmx on that show was pretty good. I can't believe she actually tryed a backflip let alone landed it. That girl didn't even know how to ride a bike. I'm sure if the girl isn't a whiner she'll get to TS 180s.