Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-08-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Headed to Jamaica this week, Runaway Bay i think an hour or so from Montego Bay.

Anyone ever been wakeboarding fresh or salt water while in Jamaica?

If so let me know, hoping to start my season early this year!
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-08-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
There was a thread not too long ago about someone who went down there and rented an x-14 or something like that and rode in one of the bays.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-08-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
I went in the bahamas which is totally different but still tropical. We rented a boat and went out in the ocean which was surprisingly flat. Pretty neat experience seeing the coral beneath while you ride.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-08-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
sharks ? duh ! a reef ? crazy! im a scaredy pants.. lol but i bet it would be really pretty
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       03-09-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
I have while staying at Sandals in Negril. Got to do it at the Sandals in St. Lucia, too. Lots of fun.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-09-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
yeah i was going to also at sandals resort the first one from the airport offers up wakeboarding. the other two resorts dont due to the reef layout. oh yeah boat was broke down the week i was there. so didnt get too.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-09-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
Henry where did you go in the Bahamas? We go to Abaco island every year and the ocean is usually more flat than most of the lakes out here.
Old    willytown12            03-11-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
i have a trip planned to sandals montego bay, what boat do they pull with?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
I went off of Elbow Cay, Hopetown. There was a giant channel with glass all around. It neat cause there were tons of giant boats going by watching and the water was basically crystal clear and loaded with giant reefs about 20 feet below. Definitely the most memorable wakeboarding experience of my life.

We were supposed to go visit the Abacos this year but posponed the trip for another time. If we do go though sometime I know to bring my wakeboard now for sure since you say its so flat!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
willytown -I rode there a little over 5 years ago. I believe the boat was a prostar 190. they "pulled" me with like a 90 foot rope on a crappy board with crappy, way too big bindings. it was neat to be "riding" on that clear water, but I certainly would not do it again.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-11-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Henry, That's insane, That's the exact place we go to. My family owns land on Lubber's Quarters. But we usually stay on Elbow Cay.