Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-15-2003, 7:37 AM Reply   
I'm going to be flushing my boat after use, and was just wondering how much garden hose pressure I should use. Just open it right up? 1/2 way? I'll be hooking up the water to the seawater intake hose (pulled off of the grate).

Also, are there any things I have to be careful of when doing this?

Thanks

Trash
Old    matt_dettman            05-15-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
You can't feed the impeller too much water! Open her up all the way. Make sure the cup does not "walk" off the intake BEFORE you fire up the motor. As soon as she starts, jump out of the boat and make sure the cup is still in place. It should take no more than 15 or 20 seconds before the water starts to flow from the exhaust.

Keep an eye on the water flow! Also, be sure the telescoping support is perpendicular to the hull, not the ground.
Old    jmccallum            05-15-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
I do mine at the cottage. I go full on 40 psi cottage water.

Not sure about residential 80 psi water supply though!
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-15-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
I go full on with the hose.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
i start with 1/2 or a little less and turn it up once the engine's running. the extra pressure while the engine's off isn't great for my homemade fake-a-lake. watch the garden hose and you can see if the engine is sucking the hose thin, if so give it some more. don't be shy.
Old    sandman            05-15-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
I believe most residential water is 40-50PSI.
80 PSI would blow out your sprinkler system in a hurry.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
You're residential homes are usually 55psi and have a pressure regulator by the main hose bib coming from the street. Most appliances state anything over 60-63 psi will cause damage. So opening the hose bib wide open won't cause any problems.
Old    wakedad            05-15-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
The regulator at the street went out on us last fall, 170psi to the house, major problems.
Old    matt5046            05-15-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
Just keep it at idle. I decided to try and speed things up by uping the rpms and I ruined the impellar. That's two in the past year!