Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
Do LF bindings run small compared to their sizing chart? I was looking at getting a pair of Teams and the size chart says that larges are 9-11 and XL's are 11-13+, I'm around an 11. I don't anywhere to try them on so should I go for the L or XL?? Thanks for the help
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
Anyone...anyone at all please help me out
Old     (toeside900)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
I am an 11.5 and I use the Transits XL Narrow. They are extremely comfortable and they are easy in and easy out, but they have the hold that you need while you are riding. If you are a little under 11 say 10.5 go with the Larges, if you are around say 11.5 I would reccommend the XL Narrows. Good luck man.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-01-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
i wear a 12/12.5 depending on the shoe. my XL LF Sphynx are almost too small. never put on a pair of teams, but IMO you should be able to tighten down the binding enough to give you a good hold. so, I would go for the XL if I were you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
I wear a 10 and the Larges were just a little too loose. (hope that helps as another reference point)

In my opinion, it's easier to stretch out a binding and make it bigger than it is to make it smaller. My new Zeus were way too small. One night of stretching and they were perfect.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-01-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
j-rod how do you stretch laceups? ive stretched some ultras but I wouldn't know where to start on these
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to go with the L's.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-01-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
Kevin, I'm about the same size foot and got some lrg transits at the end of last season. I was a little nervous b/c they were very tight (cutting off circulation to my toes) when I first tried them on/first ride, but after a couple sets they started to loosen up a bit (only got two sets before my season ended). I think after a couple days of riding they'll be perfect.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Usually it's the inner overlay that is too tight. The outer overlay (with the strings) is usually okay. But I could be wrong.
Old     (xesstar)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-02-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
I am size us11
I would get the XL Narrow as I brought some large transits from buywake and they were too small my toes hung off the end! I had to sell them on ebay as I live in the uk.
The xl narrow were perfect and they are really easy to customise to make really tight.
If you want to know how please ask.
Cheers
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
I ended up getting the Large. I ended up being able to try them on first and they were perfect for me. thanks again for the advice