Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-21-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
I went down to Ride the Spot this summer and absolutely loved it and was planning on going back next spring or summer, but I just found out that Travis and Darin have split. Darin is supposedly continuing Ride the Spot at his place with Jon Nadolski and Travis is starting a camp with Shaun Murray called M2 Wakeboarding for the time being. If anyone else, even Travis, has information, that would be great. Thanks.
Andrew Moreton
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-21-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
i spoke with travis and darin at the xgames. they both spoke highly of each other, but agreed that it had come time to split and do something different.

darin said he's continuing the spot as you mentioned with jonathan helping out. he's giving the guest house a makeover and plans to only do 1 or 2 weeks out of each month. he said it was just too much doing 52 weeks a year. plus, he felt bad that there were times he wasn't able to be there and he knows folks were coming there expecting to ride with him. so to accomodate that and still have a life to share with his wife, he's decided to cut back and work on quality over quantity.

travis is very excited about what he's putting together with shaun. said he thinks it'll be the best thing he's been involved with and has great expectations for it. he thought they'd be up and running by possibly october. they're looking at a couple of locations now. travis actually does post here so hopefully he'll add more info, tho i know he's pretty busy right now. he did say there should be an article on wakeworld about m2 when it opens.

by the way, although there's nothing much there at the moment, you can look for information at their website:

http://www.m2wakeboarding.com/

(Message edited by deepstructure on August 21, 2003)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-21-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
They Split But they made such a sweet couple
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-22-2003, 6:10 AM Reply   
yes kids, its true. ridethespot as you know it is done. christopher gave a very accurate summary. darin is going to do stuff at his house on a smaller scale and shaun and i are in the process of setting up a new location. there will be a news flash on here in a week or so, we are having to wait on a few things since shaun is on the road til the end of next week.
all i can say is thanks to everyone who has come to our place in the past. you made my job and life fun. i hope that i will see you all again at our new place. shaun and i have alot of cool ideas and i think you will be stoked on the location.
more to come...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-22-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
It's nice to get the info directly from the source!