Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-11-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
I'm struggling to land my 360's consistently. I seem to be over rotating. Got any tips to help me out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBgi7_nSLFs
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2013, 4:43 PM Reply   
One Thing off The Bat Is Your Upper Body is Still spinning Well past The 360 point. At About 180 You Should stop Turning Your Upper Body And Imagine Your Front Hand reaching For The Rope
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-11-2013, 7:23 PM Reply   
I'm having the same prob with my 3's.. but I'm rotating thru 720.. Today I tried crouch way low on the board and spin in the crouched position.. It got me super close to ridin out the 3..
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       06-11-2013, 10:04 PM Reply   
I will agree with what dc said. You did a great job stopping your head from spinning but your shoulders kept on going. It will help to try and transfer weight to the front sooner too. It wont take much just a little bit of weight on the front foot as you come past 270*
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-12-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
One Thing off The Bat Is Your Upper Body is Still spinning Well past The 360 point. At About 180 You Should stop Turning Your Upper Body And Imagine Your Front Hand reaching For The Rope
I'll give that one a try.
Thanks
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-12-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
JS: Three things helped me stop over rotating:
1) consciously try to slow down the rotation of your entire spin. It is really hard to stop a spin at 180, so once you get turned about 120 degrees, just sit tight and let it develop on its own;
2) start your spin a little farther out from the wake (your distance from the boat looks fine). It feels like to me that the more you start your spin up the wake, the faster it wants to turn;
3) I had a tendency to lean over too much - I find I do better if I think "squat down centered on the board" rather than "lean over my toes" I think it relates to what Curt suggested - it is easier to stop rotating if you are more centered than if your upper body has developed a lot of rotational movement.

Not sure any of these will help. It may be that what really helped me was just failing over and over again to get it, and these were just the thoughts I was trying at the time I finally started getting it. Hope they help. It's worth the satisfaction to keep working at it. Rob
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-13-2013, 7:12 PM Reply   
I posted this earlier..

This is a great vid for watching feet and transfer of weight positioning..

This should help you..

And I have no affiliation with these guys.. I ride Phase 5 and Triple X boards.. lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater