Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
Tried a couple of 3's today and don't really have any idea what I am doing wrong.

Only tried them 1 wake though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHk37Inbq8

Thanks!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-29-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
Hey Nick,

Firstly stay on edge longer. I know you're working on them one wake, so instead of cutting and then flattening out/coasting in, shorten up your approach and ride on your edge all the way up the wake.

Secondly, head position. Keep your head up, look down, go down. You're spotting the water while your back is to the boat and getting lost as you come around. Try to keep your head up and looking in the direction of your spin. As you near completing your rotation be spotting the water in your direction of travel.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-29-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
It's kinda hard to say with out seeing your wake jumps. Without getting super technical follow the three P's.

Pop, Peak and Pull-

1)You are letting off your edge way to early. You dont really want to come off your edge that much because how you take off is how you will land.

2)Take a nice medium edge all the way through the wake and make sure you stand tall to get your pop. Line tension also creates pop but you don't want to much for a 3. So a medium edge and stand tall at the wake.

3)Once you pop keep your handle close and low. As you begin to reach the peak of your jump pull the handle to the small of your back to initiate the rotation. (Remember pass to spin not spin to pass).

4)You should be spinning on the way down, not on the way up. I hope this helps, this is what was explained to me and I have gotten pretty consistent at them.

Remember the biggest mistakes are;

Spinning to soon and spinning to pass instead of pass to spin
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Yea I definitely think the keeping the head up will help a lot!

I thought you wanted a super mellow cut because that way you completely minimize the tension, but I guess I could step it up a little.

Thanks Guyz!!