Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-22-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
Yo, I am doing ballast on my 2001 tige 21v. The boat is not easily accessible for me and I am getting together all the parts needed for automated ballast.

My question, on the tige 21V for the rear bags, will I have enough room for to do a "straight" thru hull exit, or will I need to go with the 90 degree fittings? Same thing for fittings towards the bow for the integrated bow bag.

Thanks!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-22-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
For the bow drain/vent, they typically end up in the midship storage, so no problem using a straight t/hull. For the rears, you should not have a problem using a straight as well. Are you going with a dedicated vent and drain, or are you going to "T" them together and share a t/hull.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-22-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
Here is my potential schematic. So yes, dedicated drain and vents.
Attached Images

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-22-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Looks like you are going to be using reversible impeller pumps and diverting the drain flow over the side instead of back through the intake. If so, you are going to need check-valves in those two drain lines and good luck with those particular check-valves you have. I have 12 sitting around collecting dust that I had to swap out of of two installs. They stayed open and allowed the pumps to draw air, thus prevented the pumps from priming.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-22-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
yup, drain above water line.

why would I need check valves on the drain lines (green)? The check valves just after the intake fill will divert the flow to the drain side of the T. Or am I over looking a variable??
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-22-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
nevermind.. ha ha. I see it now.

What do you reccomend for a better check valve? These came from west marine.