Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (majorryan2212)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-05-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
I bought the 09 marius platinum this year. I have cracked 2. I am riding with the 09 ones. I have cracked both right underneath my front boot. Any body have the same problem? Anything i can do to keep it from happening it again? because getting new ones is starting to be a pain.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-05-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
Get the regular Marius, problem solved.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
get your new one, sell it... move on
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
I have cracked two now as well. i just went to the foam. The foam is suppsoed to be much stronger. So far I haven't noticed any difference in how they ride.

-Uj
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-05-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have broke a 09Transcend in the same way, and my buddy did a 09 Marius that way as well. Go with a regular foam, and you shouldnt have any problems.
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       06-05-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Why the heck doesn't CWB just drop their platinum line if this is such a problem. It doesn't seem very profitable to me if they have to give away a couple platinum boards for every one that they sell.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-05-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
For the average rider the platy's wont be a problem. I would say I am a advanced rider, and I have only broke 2 over 4 years riding them. Some of the crew have never broke one, and they ride hard as well. A lot just depends on how you are landing. For the bigger guys or guys that take everything into the flats you might want to stick with a regular foam. They will be much softer on landings and shouldn't break as easy.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-05-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
I rode Platinums for 3 years and never broke one. Some folks ride different and it happens. All boards will break and anytime you have a light weight exotic core, you up the odds, especially if you have a history of breaking decks.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-05-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Incidently.... CWB has got something new in the works for '10. Stay posted.

FWIW... I love the Platinums, but it's become semi well known over the years that if you're a hard charger they're a bit weaker than the regulare core. CWB has been one of the few companies to stick with their alternative cores. There is a new generation of cores just coming around. We'll see if the new stuff from Ronix and Hyperlite, as well as CWB's new core prove to be as strong as the regular cores. Anybody remember the DNA cores, or the Honeycomb cores?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
how 'bout lf's balsa core?
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-05-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
I had a Marius platinum in 07 with no problem but I broke my 08 Marius foam. Haha it all depends on the circumstances.