Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    inadrummer            08-07-2003, 5:18 AM Reply   
I'm looking at getting new bindings and originall wanted to pay about $350 - $400 canadian on bndings. Someone originally recommended Hyperlite Splits for that Price Range... but after reading reviews and hearig what people had to say, I would only buy a higher end hyperlite binding. Has anyone used CWB Torqs? My last bindings were Mobes, and I'm only trading up because my friend wanted a set of mobes (hes just starting). The Torqs look good because they have a better footbed, a etter baseplate, and a neoprene lining. And they are only 30 - 40$ more tan the mobes. What's the ankle support of these like? Is there anything wrong wit them? Do they hurt after 15 min (people said the hyperlite splits are bad for hurtng feet)?

Tahnks
~Jesse
Old    demi_barbito            08-07-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
I have Torq bindings and they work great for me.
Old    bsoto            08-07-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
In the first part of the summer I rode in a friends pair of Torqs, IMO they weren't as supportive around the ankle to upper part of the binding. So I ended up buying a pair of Belmonts and I'm glad I did because the are very supportive.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-07-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
I bought a pair of Torqs a few months back, and I have mixed feelings about the bindings. While they are very comfortable, I don't feel that they give me enough ankle support. If I really cinch down the pull strap it gets better, but then the circulation gets cut off in my foot. All in all I think that they are a good binding, but if I had to do it over again I would probably buy something with more ankle support like my old highbacks.
Old    inadrummer            08-07-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
how are the torqs compared to the mobes though?
Old    bsoto            08-07-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
I've ridden in the mobes and torqs and the torqs IMO are better than the mobes
Old    simba            08-07-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
I have the torqs and they hurt like hell when I land, dont know why, the padding seems fine, but just hurts when i land.

Go to www.cheapwakeboards.com and get you some LF exos for 190.00 bucks, thats a lot of bang for the buck.
Old    inadrummer            08-07-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
many people have trouble with landings if they are not landing enough on edge.... however, im not blaming your skills because that the type of wakeboard can play a big part in landings too! if the landings on the torqs are any better than the mobes (which they should be) then ill have no problems. i used to have bad landings until i took a few wakeboarding lessons, and they showed me to land more on edge. never had any landing problems with the mobes since!

anyways thanks for the advice guys... since i have a tight budget right now, im going to order the torqs and see if i like them. i am able to send them back through where i am purchasing them just in case i dont like them.

[]Deace
~Jesse
Old    lukem            08-07-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
i have rode the torqs alot, i think they are very comfortable and they could be more suportive on the ankle, i threw a rallie to revert and landed to far forward and ripped the whole side of the binding out, i am glad i didnt buy them.