Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-05-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Need a board specificaly for my wife. 5'6"- 117lbs, intermediate rider, no inverts(yet) We want a forgiving fun to ride board that will grow with her. Not to aggressive so easy to handle. She rides on my OBrien Player 138 and would like something more manuverable easier to control. Looked at the Gator-Desire, Lexy, OBrien-Vixen, CWB Saphire, Lotus Help please.
Lits pros and cons of boards you list please and rider style ect... TKS
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
Well I'm a novice rider (not doing any kind of inverts yet either) and I recently changed from the O’Brien rail last year to the CWB Sapphire and all I can say is Get The Sapphire!!!! Best board ever it was so easy to control and once I got it I started to progress a lot faster than before on the other board, much lighter more smoother of a ride too compared to the other one which had a lot more drag and was really heavy.
Old    wakejjboard12            04-06-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
demo. and don't rule out guys boards... i ride the premier and LOVE it!
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-06-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
TKS for input. 1 problem, we don't have any shops in the tristate area that demo boards. As far as the "guys" boards my wife wants a more flexible, forgiving board thats not too aggressive so we are leaning towards the CWB Lotus w/Sage bindings. Talked to a few board shops and the Lotus seems to be a good fit for her. Any other opinions appreciated.
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
I got the Sage bindings at the boat show this year and I have used them and I love them.. As far as boards dunno there. I am 5' 9 and 155 and use hubbys older Hyperlite Premier DNA 141 I think which is an advanced board but I love it. I am to big to have a pretty girls board. I know I can definatly grow into this board and have much fun. I have my girly bindings on a dudes board and I am just fine with that...
Old     (junebug)      Join Date: May 2006       04-07-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
get the cwb sapphire!!! love it!!!
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-07-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
Sapphire over the Lotus?? Angi(my wife) wants to know why? We would like to go with an easy rider, not too aggressive. More opinions please.TKS
Old     (junebug)      Join Date: May 2006       04-08-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
go with the lotus. i had a lotus for 2 years and it's a great board for people just starting out. then move up to the sapphire. thats what i did.
Old     (bec)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-08-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
last year i rode the Eden with eden bindings, and it's really amazing. its not too expensive either.
for this year i just got the LF jett with the melissas. it's extremely light and the bindings are the most comfortable things i've ever tried on
Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-09-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
i agree with not ruling out men's boards..i started this year on a lf substance 138..it's really fast but forces you to learn to control the board..i think it's helping my learning curve!