Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
My sons wakeboard and are pushing me to give it a try. My big concern (along with being old, bad knees and ankles from football and snowskiing) is the fact I am blind as a bat and the only way I can see anything is with my contacts or my glasses. I know I could not even try wakeboarding without the contacts - I wouldn't be able to see the wake, the boat, etc. So, does anyone wakeboard with contacts and if so, have you ever lost them?? Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-07-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
I have never lost a contact while wakeboarding, but then again I don't charge so usually don't fall hard. In comparison, I have lost 3 contacts this summer surfing and 2 last summer.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-07-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
Never lost one! I since have done Lasik and I am wearing goggles. The doc suggested it for the first 30 days but I thought I would wear for the summer, the look funny but do the trick. Give them a try, Seals, they were selling them at Costco.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-07-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
i wear contacts and have never lost one wakeboarding, but i have lost one while swimming
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-07-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Nah, I've never lost one and I go hard. I wouldn't worry about it too much, Wakeshoe.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
i have never lost one either. at first, the water gets behind them and its really hard for the first 5 mins, but then after they suck down on ur eyes really hard like they do if u happen to have them on in the shower, they wont come off. but make sure u are doin nething stupid like keepin ur eyes open when falling and stuff. just close ur eyes to go underwater.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Never lost a contact and I wear them wakeboarding. But even if I did, they are the cheap daily wear disposable kind.
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-07-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hey man...ive worn contacts since ive been riding (about 5 summers) and have lost two...on some pretty eye pealing falls...both TS fronts. Just make sure you have an extra pair in your glove compartment cause its always a possibility.

MATT
Old     (guitartguy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
Get Lasik.
Old    proskier            08-07-2004, 10:26 PM Reply   
i havnt lost any, but when i bust really really hard, and get water in my eyes....its not very comfortable
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
I would love to get Lasik and I checked into it, but my eyes are too bad for it (would have to remove too much cornea).
Old    rkrasin            08-08-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
Been wearing them since 89, lost maybe one in that time. TNo problems with boarding. They get lost in the top of my eye while barefooting.

(Message edited by rkrasin on August 08, 2004)