Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-11-2007, 3:51 AM Reply   
For all you folks who are fortuitous enough to be the proud owners of a new Supra I was wondering what they have for covers these days. I have an 03' that came with a heavy duty and extremely bulky duck/cotton cover that has reached the end of its life span. All the 303 protectant and repellent in the world won't hold this together any longer. Just curious what Supra offers or will be looking for a good after-market. I realize the solution won't be cheap. Thanks,

JHG
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-11-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
The new covers are awesome compared to the old covers. I don't know who makes them right off hand, but I am very impressed with this years cover. 10 times better then last years!

It cinches down so good below the rubrail I dont even need to use the trailer straps! Even when towing(not interstate).
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2007, 5:42 AM Reply   
covercraft. no poles and no side straps and you can tow with it.

supra did come out with a much better cover this year but will only fit their current line of boats with the current towers.Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-11-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
insuranceman, my cover on my new boat looks identical to your covercraft cover.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
adam, i could be wrong but don't the new (07) supra covers still require poles and have a single strap on the side.

i do agree they really improved the factory covers.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-11-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
You could be right, but I have never used any poles with the cover. I dont' know what you mean by one single strap? my cover has a type of rachet system on it, that cinches everything down just under the rub rail.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
The cover is pretty nice and the rachets are great to cinch it up.

I am curious how many of you use the poles every time.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
oh, trust me adam, when i purchase the next 07/08 ssv i will just use the factory cover.

i just hated the cover that came on my boat.

just fyi, there are 8 hooks (4 on each side) that fasten to the rub rail and then has the rachet cord system in the back.
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
I got a factory cover with my new Supra and the material is called "Weather Tech." It seems similar to Sunbrella to me, but is a bit thicker. It was a $550 option. The cover has the nylon straps that fasten down to the trailer, so I take it off before trailering. I bought the boat off the showroom floor and it already had the snap-down covers installed, but at the time I thought i might have to leave my boat outside and wanted more protection.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-11-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Insuranceman,

I just took a look at the covercraft web site and they say they don't offer custom covers for Supra SSV's. Odd... I like the looks of yours and wonder if they would make one to fit my earlier version tower which I believe is the Rad-a-cage.