Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-18-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   
In the market to get a new to me boat this year and have narrowed it down really to these two.

having only rode once behind a malibu and only a few on a 24 SSV I don't have a whole lot to compare with.

Question is which has the better wake? The Supra in this case is esetially fully loaded, but has upholstery repair needed. This does have about 150 hours less. than the malibu. Down side =Supra is 8-10 Hrs away. not afraid of driving, but if it didn't compare then it would be a waste.

I was able to water test the VLX today as it is a local boat, went well, aside from a "dieseling" like noise from the Monsoon engine. 480 hrs. this also has the 4 tank ballast which is a huge plus. How much additional weight is needed in the rear to get a real nice wake? on the test today, it didn't seem that great, Now this is my first look at a wake this year but i expected to see something more signifigant. Also found out this VLX was not standard to have perfect pass, which is essential.

With having to add PP and the bimini the cost is now about 3500 more for the VLX. The Supra is the less expensive even with all the options and less hours, withe the same 340HP motor.

What would you do?

justin