Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Here is a rundown of what is going on, and my choices -

Last winter decided to maybe upgrade for our 95' Supersport for the following reasons:
**Boat is getting too small for us - usually out with 6+ people and the narrow beam gets tight
**Buddy I am in 50/50 with has sort of retired from wakeboarding and prefers surfing/cruising/lounging (along with 5 of the others who are often in the boat) I'm really the last "wakeboarder" using this boat
** I have a legit job now and have more money that I can invest to this
** Would like perfect pass and a more simple ballast system than we currently have

So we're looking at the following boat -
2001 Wakesetter VLX - boat is SPOTLESS! Interior was just redone, ballast has all been redone (750s rear - not sure on ### in ski locker, and 700 bow) - also has power wedge added - star gazer - 4 amps, 2 subs, 6 tower speakers, board racks, lights (All of it done very very well) - The boat has been babied.

Dealer is currently asking 30k for it, which I don't think it is worth despite the condition.... so assuming we can get that price down a bit.... can anyone answer the following:

01' VLX vs. Super Air surfability ? How do they compare
01' VLX vs. Super Air size -- both are 21' but will the extra beam add that much room - or should I hold out for a 23 ft boat?
01' VLX vs. Super Air wakeboard wake - I know Super Air well, steep and firm.... what are that year VLXs like, only have ridden the newer style hull

Any other opinions would be great, thanks!

Here are some photos of the VLX