Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-09-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
She got up on her 3rd attempt and stayed up for about 5 minutes...it seemed like FOREVER. She boarded a couple more times, edged outside (hs) and then back to the middle...and dropped. She said her butt started hurting her. LOL We borrowed a LF Squirt from a friend...now she wants her own.

I am one proud Dad!

pic1
pic2
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-09-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Very cool!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-09-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
Cool deal. That's all it takes is once to get hooked.
Old     (ashleyo)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
awesome!! i'm so happy for her and you of course!
Old    ykstelib            08-09-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Kirk that's cool. There's nothing better then watching the kids get into it. How long is that board, I'm looking for something for my 2 yr old for next summer. She rides a piece of plywood with a rope tied to it and a handle going up from there. Let me see if I can get a pic off the video. Keep up the good work.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-09-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Pony Up Big Guy....It's time to get that girl her own board. I wonder who will be smiling at the checkout counter more.....
Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-09-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
That board is a LF Squirt...I think its 122.

There are couple 118 out there.

I had her watch "The Book" and I was in the water with her, I think the first time my wife took off too fast and she fell over (she actually got up but then fell) and the second time I told my wife to go slower, she lost her balance. Third times a charm.

Yep time to Pony up, I might get her a used one first, but her birthday is in 2 weeks.
Old     (bbristow)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-15-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
I read your article of your 9 year old. Thats great....I also want to do a little bragging. My 5 year old (just turned 5) is ridding like a champ. He started about 4 weeks ago and is now doing bunnyhops, buttslides,and crossing both wakes. My oldest son, Clay is 15 and rides INT outlaw division says in a few years he may be competing against his little brother. I thinks its wonderful to see these little guys and gals keeping up the tradition.

UploadUpload
Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
That is awesome Brett! I am trying to get my 5 yr old daughter to try it...but she said she doesnt want to, she likes to lay on the kneeboard and be pulled.
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-15-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Kirk - Just a little more time and she will be charging the wakeboard. Just don't push her. My daughter just turned 6 and was a kneeboarder last year and now rides outside both wakes and will ride until the boat runs out of gas! Congrats on your 9 year old!

Upload
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Kirk....awesome that you got her going...she'll be hooked for sure! My 9 year old son got started last Fall...not much ride time, but came out this Spring ready to go. He can edge toe and heel really well, boardslide, lipslide, and 1 wake jumps, and now is trying W2W. I pull him around 15 mph, and 65'. The only thing now is...he'll fight you for first glass and last glass!!! Those are Dad's rides!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload