Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (stevem)      Join Date: May 2002       02-20-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
Hi All,

Do any of you have ideas on how to cover the front tip of a Landlock with rubber to save the board and the back of my boat from getting dinged up? I have tried a could of the self-adhesive surf board rubber tips (different sizes), but they always fall off after a couple of outings. They are just not the correct shape/size for the LandLock.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-20-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
I got some spray rubber from homedepot. I think it's called tool handle dip. It's for spraying on your old tools to make a rubberized handle.
I taped off the board and sprayed about 20 coats on. It works pretty good, and it hasn't fallen off yet. Joe
Old     (stevem)      Join Date: May 2002       02-23-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Joe, that is a good idea. I'll give it a try.
Old    cabalisticfire            02-23-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I managed to put a nice scratch on my transom trying a teak start. May have to try this mod.
Old     (stevem)      Join Date: May 2002       03-04-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Hey Joe,

I tried your suggestion and it works great! Thanks again!
Old    lforcerider            03-21-2004, 10:06 PM Reply   
I have never wakesurfed before but we just bought a new boat and I was planning on buying a wake surfboard to try it out this summer but I don't know if I want to anymore if it can damage the transom. If I only start with the handle and then let go, is there a possibility of damaging the new boat? Maybe if I slip out or something?
Old     (stevem)      Join Date: May 2002       03-22-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Hi Mike,

Yes you can scrape or scratch the back of your boat. If you slip off, the board can bang into the transom. Buying a board with a rubber tip, or coating the front of the board with rubber spray as indicated above will prevent this for the most part.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-22-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
Mike, Nobody wants scratches or dings in their boat, but it's inevitable. So go ahead and chuck a rock at the back of your boat and get it over with. Now go get a surf board and have some fun. Joe
Old    getsumonya            03-23-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
We throw a ski jacket across the transom on the side where the surfer is.
So no worries.
Simple and cheap
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
JOE, Great advice!!! Thats the first time i actually laughed out loud after reading a post. .

Has anyone tried to put some sort of surfboard leash on their Landlock so if you fall it wont shoot out and hit the boat, it would just stay close to you???? just a though. The spray rubber does work great.
Old    hifashion            09-03-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
My next door neighbor owns a Rhino Lining shop. I had him Rhino the tip of my broadcast. Works like a champ! He will Rhino your flip-flops too if you'd like! :-)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-03-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
I got a surfboard nose guard for my board.

http://www.surfcohawaii.com/NG_DT.htm
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-10-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
I agree with the surfboard tip falling off.The spray on sounds like a great idea. I will try it on the back and test both. As far as dinging the boat. Well dont let kids play with the board.My friend let his kids swim around acting like he was surfing.as soon as I looked over the side of the boat.He let the thing go straight into the side of my new boat.That broke the tip off of my new board....2hrs old and put a nice ding in the side.So the next day I went to the local surf shop and got a nose protector.I have been fighting keeping the thing on.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-06-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
So i looked on home depots website and couldnt find this stuff. Can anyone get a product number for me. Has the stuff stayed on for a year now?
Old     (stevem)      Join Date: May 2002       09-06-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Hi Blake,

Yep, still working good. I used "Plasti Dip" (www.plastidip.com)which I picked up at Home Depot, but you can order it online at a lot of places. Just google "plasti dip" and you'll find it. I put 2 or 3 coats of it on just the tip of the LandLock (top 1-2 inches) and it solved the problem for me.
Old    deckdots            09-06-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
We would be able to help with a transom guard from from EVA foam.

Ron
www.deckdots.com
Old    surfdad            09-07-2005, 4:55 AM Reply   
Hey Ron, thanks for responding, I've been looking for EVA foam for the "garage boards" we make. I've had a devil of a time finding larger sheets from someone here in the USA! There are a few folks that use surfboards and wax and THIS (EVA Foam) is the answer to getting rid of all the wax on your carpet and deck.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-08-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
I can get all the EVA foam with 3M adhesive you want. What color?
Old    byron            02-26-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
hey, i have been looking for some eva foam for my tramp board and wakeskate I am making, do you know how much it would cost?
Old    byron            02-26-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
HEy, I have been looking for some eva foam for my tramp board and wakeskate i am making, do you know how I could get some or how much it would cost
Old    star_star            03-01-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
wickedwakes.com has some really neat products to protect your transome. i ordered a transome saver and he made me a wakesurfing transome protector to my specification. the owner is howard morton and he is a really good guy. look at their website and tell him stephen from vicksburg, ms. suggested you give him a look-see.hotty toddy and go to hell, lsu.