Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-30-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
After 2 weeks of using it we found this:
Upload
Upload

My friend stored the board in the boat and used it only on wake for the 2 weeks he owned it.
We contacted Ronix warranty and the offered to repair it at no cost (sending the board back and forth is worth from Argentina is 3/4 what we paid for it)
Our dealer stepped out also and offered a brand new board for half price.

What do you think? is this a case of delamination? or do you think the board was neglected? is this all what we should expect from Ronix Warranty dept?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
it looks like it was neglected to be honest..i have a covin and i dont think that could have happened without it getting hit on something somewhere.
Does it affect the way the board rides? If it doesnt i wouldnt worry about it but if i does i would insist that ronix pay the shipping or at least half of the shipping.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-30-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Tom does your board has than lip all along where the top and bottom layers meet?

My One Board does not.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
yes it does.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-30-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
yeah, I agree with Tom. It doesn't look like normal delam. It looks like the tip/tail was banged against something. Just sand it down and use some epoxy then smooth it out yourself. it will be fine and will not cost much at all.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
yeah jason thats what i was gonna recommend but i couldnt think of the word for it lol
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-30-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
dry it out, sand it down and epoxy over... make sure its dry though. Looks like somebody dropped onto its tip(tail?) or just wasn't careful handling it setting it onto the platform or something...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-30-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
We were planning to repair it, what's odd to me is that if it was hit why is the damage only on the bottom layer and there's none on the top wich is more exposed and most likely to be hit
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-30-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Jason hit it on the head. I have used JB Weld in the same place on a Covin I did the same thing to and it works fine.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-30-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
it coulda been leaning agaist like a wall and slid down tearing itself up on whatever the surface it was standing on was.... bottom line I dont think it was delam either because no water hits that edge of the board really... there should be no hydrodynamic forces on the nose or tail because they ride out of the water or are the trailing edge and don't have water forced into them to cause them to split.. Either way its an easy fix...
Old     (lknevan)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-30-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
yeah that looks like it slid out on a dock or sumthing and caught a nasty nail, or was wedged between dock planks, and it would damage their because its a edge, the top is rounded leaveing it less vonerable, but same deal as what they said, epoxy and sand it
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-30-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
That's impact related. Board neglect for sure.
Old     (tige21i)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-30-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Did he let it sit in the sun?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
My personal opinion is that it was neglected too, but since my friend doesnt remember any hit on it and I've been neurotic after so many Ronix delaminating cases just wanted to know your opinion on this one.

Thanks all for your responses.

By the way, all the Ronix equipment we got is really awesome.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-31-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
it doesn't take much of a hit to make it crack like that. Just setting it down on the dock a little too hard can cause that if it hits the tip just right. My One did the same thing and I didn't even bother sealing it up and it lasted all summer.
Old     (scooby212)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-31-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
..how many ppl read this and immediately shook their head???
IMHO it sounds like the guy is tryin to get a new board out of this..delam??? come on..stevie wonder can see its not a delam..if u look at the first pic you can see where the impact buckled the board...PLEASE!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-31-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Yeah, epoxy will fix that up in no time. I'm a little confused by the comment "after so many Ronix delaminating cases" followed shortly by "all the Ronix equipment we got is really awesome". Now clearly this isn't a case of delam, but how many cases do you need before the equipment isn't awesome? I haven't delamed a board in 5 years.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
Steve Mac: Please read carefuly, did I demand a new board????? If somehow we were, as you say, just trying to get a new board out of this I'd just posted that Ronix service sucks and demand a replacement board, wich is not by any means what I stated. I openly asked for your opinion whereas this was or not a case of delamination, wich was a highly discussed topic on this forums regarding Ronix products.
I even was the first to say that this board might have been neglected. Even though the Stevie Wonder thing was funny to read, I invite you to keep your accusations to yourself and start being polite.

Big Heavy: The many delamination comment is based on topics discussed on this forums wich hold me back for buying Ronix before.
As for the awesome equipment remark, I was just trying to clear up that we are VERY happy with our purchase whatever was that happened with this board.

We've been riding for 12 years now and it's the second time we contact a warranty dept.
We always take care of our equipment, it seems this time we didnt.
Old    sealyon.net            10-31-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Let Ronix fix it. if you epoxy it and have another issue it won't be under warrenty.Ronix is great about taking care of their product.