Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-02-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
So i got a roam for xmas, a 2007 roam, brand new from evogear.com I went to put the bindings on it the first time this weekend and one of the holes for the screws on the roam threads were messed up and the roam binding screw would not go in because of it. What should i do? I emailed hyperlite already and i'm waiting to hear back from them. Will this be covered under warranty? I have no proof of purchase, other than the board its self.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-02-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
I think you should get a hold of evogear.. I had a problem with some bindings I got from greenhouserideshop.com for christmas and I just shot them an email and they took care of it the same day. As for proof of purchase, evogear should have a record of whoever it was buying the board off them so I wouldn't worry about it too much. But yeah I would try to deal with evogear initially rather than hyperlite. Hope this helps!
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-02-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Every new board i have ever bought has had the same problem. U just have to thread it in right, its pretty simple. If you dont think u can do it, see if someone you know has a tap set, or someone willing to force it in. It should rethread itself.
Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-02-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
My friends dad has a tap set, and is willing to do it for me. I didn't know if it would work or not or if i should turn it into warranty.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-02-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
try having it tapped. if it doesnt work then send it up to warranty.
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-02-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
yeah def not worth it to send it back etc. I think what happens is when they mold/press/ or do whatever with the boards, the top threads end up getting a little gunk around them or fiberglass or whatever it is. haha, and it makes it hard to thread the screws in. good luck
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-02-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
you are using the correct roam bolts right?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-02-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
Evogear, and most websites like it get a lot of flawed boards like that. not un-rideable, just a little original. Call Hype, see if it's covered then have it tapped. a lot of boards are flawed, not uncommon!!
Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-03-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
I am useing the Roam bolts. I emailed Hyperlite, and they said to work with evo gear.

I emailed evo and am currently working with them. I just sent them pictures tonight, after talking to them on the phone this afternoon. **very good customer service!!**** I was told that I could have it tapped but might void my warranty. So I am going to wait and see what happens with the warranty before I have someone try and tap it.