Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-27-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
Right now, I have the Castaic Lake closing story on the desk of the ABC news producer. All she has to do is approve the story and they will send out a news crew to do the story.

Cross your fingers!!!!
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       08-27-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
Sunday afternoon the lifeguards were cruising around with what looked like a film crew on the boat. We saw them in the back cove filming all the people hanging out. Hopefully that was for a piece on the popularity of the lake, although I've yet to hear or see anything on it.
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-27-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
I am trying to get them to come out for labor day weekend but, any news would be good.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-27-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
im trying to get kpcc to do a piece on it during their talk of the city program. i'm also going to contact which way l.a. and see if i can get them interested.
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       08-27-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have contacted KTLA and am trying to get them to do a story. They did a big segment last month on the morning news when the Pro Tour was going on in Irvine. Carlos Amezcua wakeboards and lives in the LA area, and I am assuming he probably uses Castaic. I am pretty sure they will do a story.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-27-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
Chuck,
I was also out this past Sunday and saw the lifegaurds in the cove. I'm hoping it was for good publicity and assistance to save the lake rather than anything that could negatively affect us
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       08-27-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
JT-

I agree. Seeing as how the lifeguards are losing their jobs when the lake closes, I'm hoping the media should be positive. I've noticed the last few weeks that the lifeguard and sheriff "visits" to the back cove have been less frequent than in the past, maybe reflecting in a loss of their enthusiasm to put a damper on our fun, knowing that they will be out of work in a few weeks.
Old    rmccanna03            08-27-2003, 1:36 PM Reply   
SAVE CASTAC
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
Great Job you guys, we can't let up.
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-27-2003, 10:05 PM Reply   
They are gonna be filming an episode of CSI up at the lake next week. I think it is Tuesday and Wednesday. That's probably why there was a film crew up there.
So who is gonna be at the protest on the 6th? The guy that works in our bait shop is getting every fisherman that comes through to be up there for the protest. The fishermen and the wakeboarders finally agree upon something.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       08-28-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
Gid,

What's the deal for the protest? Time, place, etc. I can get a few boats and quite a few people to show up. Maybe start another thread with the details.

The "film crew" I saw was just 1 cameraman and a guy taking notes, that's why I guessed it might be media...who knows.
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-28-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
APPARENTLY THE PROTEST IS GONNA BE ON THE 6TH. HOPEFULLY, ENOUGH PEOPLE WILL COME TO THE LAKE AND REFUSE TO LEAVE WHEN THE LAKE CLOSES. IF WE CAN GET ABOUT 100 BOATS AT LEAST, WE WILL BE SENDING A SIGNIFICANT MESSAGE TO ALL THESE BUREAUCRATS. I THINK SOME PEOPLE ARE ALSO ARRANGING THE NEWS MEDIA TO BE THERE TO COVER THIS EVENT.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       08-28-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
Sounds good Gid, keep us updated. I should be able to get 2-3 other boats besides mine.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
We need to organize a group that can drive the trucks and trailers away so that they wont get impounded and or ticketed. One thing that will be in our favor is the Lifegaurds are on our side and I think there are a total of 4 park police for the entire park.
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-29-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
Anyone who can get us all the info, please do so. I will let the person I know at ABC news about this and hopfully we can get coverage on it as well.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-29-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Set for SEPT 6 Lake closes at 7:45pm
Old    dbdynsty25            08-29-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
"Carlos Amezcua wakeboards and lives in the LA area, and I am assuming he probably uses Castaic."

LOL...I doubt he wakeboards...he's a little old...and he lives in Westlake Village...I went to high school with his kids. Castaic is probably the closest but there are other lakes around here...Piru and Pyramid for example.
Old     (wakescv)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-29-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
Watch ABC7 this weekend they will be doing a story about the lake closing. It should be on tonight during the 6 or 7 news cast.
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       08-29-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Scott,
You are missing the point.
"I doubt he wakeboards...he's a little old" I think you would be surprised as to how many 40-50 year olds wakeboard.
Old    rmccanna03            08-29-2003, 10:59 PM Reply   
I HEARD IT WAS NOT CLOSEING!!!!! I DONT KNOW HOW RELIABLE THE SOURSE IS BUT..... HAY LETS HOPE.....
BUT DONT HOLD ME TO IT....
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-29-2003, 11:46 PM Reply   
Now that ABC is covering the story, they will do a lot more research to come up with the best story for the news. I also told they guy I gave the story to about the protest on the 6th.
Chris or anyone else who can get me as much info as possible of the protest that would be great. I just can't give them a protest is going to happen on the 6th. They need a lot more info; how mant boats, how long do we plan to stay out there and so on.

I appoligize for any spelling and grammar mistakes. It is late and I am tried.
Old    buttacup            09-01-2003, 6:07 PM Reply   
I just saw the coverage about Castaic closing on ABC news this afternoon (5pm news). The people/boaters they interviewed don't want it to close either. They even had two women holding signs up about Sept 6th protest and showed the book of petitions that were signed to keep it open.. Looks like our voices are being heard. I've also heard from a reliable source that it's probably not going to close.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-02-2003, 6:49 PM Reply   
i got an email back from some assembly person and they said that they are working on keeping Castaic Open. Lets all hope they work real hard.
Old    rmccanna03            09-02-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
}}}