Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 16, 2007

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
I am thinking, possibly trying to get stationed there, but I NEED to know any good lakes, crowed, travel time etc. pics would also be great...
Thanx
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Move to Everett, and you can ride with us on Sammamish on the weekends.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-12-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Move there, unless you like the bremerton/port orchard area then you can ride with us. Kenny you going to make it to Pateros
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-12-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Lake stevens, big lake, cavinough sp? are All good weekdays and mornings and are within an hour of everett. Eastern Washington has the Columbia river which has epic riding 3-4 hours and has good camping locations. Theirs a growing kiteboarding, windsurfing sceen growing in everett.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Gary, we are trying to make it to Pateros. Just trying to either rent an RV or set up some type or roof over the head, only because we have a 11 month little one with us. Unfortunately our time share is book solid also..

CLiff, that would be awesome to actually have a crew again. How long does it take to get to sammamish from everett?

Does lake steven get crowed silly stupid on the weekends?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
cliff if you remember back in june you said we could get a place for 85 bucks a night for NWWF, could you happen to throw a name my way? also were do you put the boat?

(Message edited by ghostrider_2 on August 12, 2007)

(Message edited by ghostrider_2 on August 12, 2007)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Kenny,

Your it's about 45 minutes from Everett. The lake does get stupid in the afternoons but there's a nice window from around 8am - noon when the skiers have left, and the yahoo's haven't arrived yet. We've been getting great water in that time frame.

As far as the elevn month old at Pateros, bring him/her along. The environment is perfect for a little one that age. I still have a couple of rooms if your interested. They go for $85 a night.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
Wow!

I'm replying and your typing at the same time. I've got a single bed room, and a double queen room in my name. They are currently reserved wed the 29th - sat the first. Let me know how many days you want one, and your last name, and I will shift it over into your name.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
coming to Pateros, we are looking at 4 adults, 1 teenager, 1 3yr, 1 2yr, and the 11month. SInce you have been to those rooms you think they will work?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
Wife getting new job we are only going to be able to do 31Aug-3Sept. We are all game and everybody happens to be at my house right now and gave me a green light.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-12-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Hey Gary were you out on long lake saturday in a red bu with black illusion tower? That's a nice color combo! Seen some ppl surfin and what looked like a boogie board too....I was on the boat ramp daydreamin.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
Kenny,

Give me a call when you get a chance.

206-391-2285
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-12-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
John, I was on Long Lake Sat, but it was at 7am the boat you saw belonges to a really good friend of mine that lives on the lake.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-13-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
Gary, What kind of beer am I bring you. Last year your preference was Pacifico. LMK.

Kenny, glad to hear you're making it. Move to Everett. Lot's of great spots that are easier to get to.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-13-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
Kenny has the last two rooms taken. We are officially full now.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-13-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
There are a few lakes near Everett. The closest is Lake Stevens. Lake Goodwin is about 30 min north. Lake Cavanaugh and Big Lake are farther north. Lake Whatcom and Samish Lake are way up north near Bellingham. You already know about the larger lakes to the south, Washington and Sammamish. Any of these lakes can get crowded on the weekends and the weekdays too with hotter temps. Where do you ride on Whidbey Island?
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
Dave, anything is good, but Pacifico is the best thanks
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
The move to Everett depends on my conversion package and getting new orders, so it might take place between now and next summer or not at all. I am just trying to plan things out for the best, and you bet wakeboading is a family affair so its in the conversations

I ride here on the island when not deployed at Cambell Lake, its small not very deep, but it really doesn't get crowed until about 1-2pm on weekends with the "Wally's".. But the so called ramp sucks arse!

(Message edited by ghostrider 2 on August 13, 2007)
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-13-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
KENNY - pateros is RE-COCK-u-LOUS!! I've been there about 4 times now and we usually go with a crew of about 20 + and we rent out the rooms in the motel and have about 3 boats on tap and stay anywhere from 3-6 days at a time. and it's glass 98 % of the time. if not... we just travel about 5 min north or south on the columbia and you'll find it. also there's a sick bridge to jump north of the docks about 5-10 min. (but you probobly know all of this if you've been there) 30 or so ft. and we kill that little bar (cody's saloon) like every night. supposedly theres a few little hot spot off the columbia withing 30 min or so from pateros.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
never been there, very much looking forward to it!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
Damn you guys are starting to make me try to think of a way to afford coming up there!!!! Hmm.. wonder how much overtime I could get away with!?!?!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-15-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
just got the nod that not only will be be there for the weekend, ut if the wife doesn't have to work that week we will be there all week since I am also on leave!