Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
I'm looking to get some slider, box ideas..hoping to build one for this upcoming season and i wanted to see if anyone could throw up some pics of their slider they built, materials they used that worked well, dimensions, etc.

Appreciate any contributions!

Pics wanted
Old    358army            02-03-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Hey, if you check out Otown's website (www.otwonwatersports.com), you can see some of the sliders we have set up. We use trecks (trex?) for the surface and 4 by 4's for the posts. Check out the website for slider ideas and I can tell you the dimensions if you are interested.
Brad.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-03-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Brad, you should post a pic of you on the O'town A-frame for your WW profile photo, eh. Don't hurt Kile tooooo much this weekend
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-04-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
when you build a free standing one how do you pound it in to the lake bottome. Has anyone ever built one that you can take in and out of the lake. But not a floating one. so one that you can just set in the lake and anchor onto the bottom. if anyone has anymore pics lets see some.
Old    358army            02-04-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
randy, when were you guys here last, i completely overhauled our a-frame into a transfer box..... the greastest thing i ever built to date man. good practice for the tour too....
Old    358army            02-04-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
matt, its not so much pounding as it is sinking.... all you really need is a fat sack pump or something with a long skinniy tube on the end that you would usually put into the bag, the water pumps though the hose/pipe in a powerful enough jet that just pushes the sand away and digs the hole, set the post in and push sand around it, and it'll be there for a while.....
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
thx for the site brad..

anybody else? diy SITES, PICS, ANYTHING?
Old    358army            02-05-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
justin no problem, i wish i could tell you all the steps of how i built ours, would be to hard to typing, i'd need to talk with my hands and stuff too.....
Old     (hyperactive)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-05-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Brad, you can do 3 things at once, I am sure of it! By the way, get off of here and hit the water. I hear you are liking the 3DS boots! Send me a pm when you get a chance, sorry for the hijack!