Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
My 8yr old who weighs 40lbs wants to wakeboard...she is VERY small for her age. I think her shoe size is 13 in youth...do they make bindings that fit her? I have only seen the mini bindings and the are size 2-5 and I believe that is adult size.

I was thinking of getting her a Hyperlite Voyager 121, Liquid Force Squirt 122, or Liquid Force Nemesis 118. What do you think?
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
We have a LF Squirt 122 for my 9 yr old daughter and 8 yr old nephew. They both started riding it about 2 years ago when they were 7 and 6.

The bindings are the LF Micro Suction that fit a kids size 12-4. There are several bindings on the market that fit a kids size 12-5 (LF Metro Kids, LF Element Kids, LF Omni Kids).

We've been happy with the board/binding size. I know 2 years ago when we bought it, my nephews feet were no larger than a size 13 youth.

You shouldn't have a problem with size.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
I just bought my 4 year old son the Nemesis 118. He weighs 49 pounds and wears a size 12 or 13 in youth sizes. The mini bindings that boarders paradise set us up with fit great and will allow a few years of growth as well. The nemesis was the least expensive quality board that I could find out of all of the small boards that are offered.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-11-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
My 7 year old rides a Hyperlite Motive 119 with spin bindings size mini. He weights about 55 lbs. It is a very good set up in my opinion.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-12-2005, 6:44 AM Reply   
Yes, Hyperlite does make bindings for that size foot!

The State , Spin , and Vario - Size "Kids" fits a Kids 12- Mens 5

The Vargas and Pixie boots - Size "Kids" fits a Kids 12 - Womans 6.5

Note: Vargas(Girl Colors) = State (Boy Colors)
Pixie (Girl Colors) = Spin (Boys Colors)

As far as the board goes Hyperlite makes a:

119 Motive (up to 105 lbs) (Guys Graphix)
119 Divine (up to 105 lbs) (Girls Graphix)

They are both the same board but with different graphix 1 for boys 1 for girls. These boards are the same mold as shaun murrays pro model board a couple of years back. Awesome boards and very easy to ride great board for begginers. Good Luck!

Check them out at www.boardersparadise.com