Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (bornzy)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-21-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hey guys. This has been my first year owning a boat and it was everything I hoped it would be. I will be storing the boat very soon and was wondering what all needs to be done to the boat if I am to do it myself. For example, Tank empty or full? How do you drain water from engine? etc... Thanks for the input.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-22-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
Nick, you want to drain your block, manifolds, water pumps, heat exchangers, etc. There might be about 8 plugs to do this. You could put some RV antifreeze into the block if you want. Make sure your bilge is empty and the pump is empty. Usually you'd change the oil in the engine and the leg at the end of the season too. Fuel should be either completely empty or full and some people will tape the vent to stop condensation. I like the tank full. Put in gasoline stabilizer. Make sure everything is very dry before you store it and if you tarp it out doors try to get the tarp so no water or snow will pool. Bows or braces help. I'd put the leg down but lots of people leave it up an many put a plastic sleeve on the rams to hold the weight. Take the battery out or disconnect it and ensure that it has a full charge before you store it. Leave the transom plug out. Some people pull the spark plugs and spray a bit of ATF in before putting the plugs back in lightly but most don't go to that extent.
Congratulations on your first season.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Lower the sterndrive, saves the bellows.