Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Have you guys used it yet? I just ordered a 21V and knew a bit about it, but have been trying to research it online and found a cool video on some of the neat functions it has. Wow... It does a lot more than most of the other systems out there..
Navigation and Engine diagnostics on top of the other features....
Here is a cool video I found while searching that I thought others might enjoy...
http://www.wakelounge.com/video/487/2010-Supra-Boats-SupraVision
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-23-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Tyler , I used it and am very impressed, it takes awhile to get used to , but again very impressed, I really like the ballast guages and the tracking on the GPS, it draws a line exactly where you were...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
How does it actually monitor how much water is in the ballast if they are bags? There can't be sensors in the bags? Are they programmed to estimate how much water runs through the pumps or something?
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-23-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Maybe a float like a fuel gauge...?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
It reads off the timers on the pumps. For example, 4 minutes to fill 400 lbs so at 2 minutes it would read 1/2 full. You can them change settings if you upgrade bags, 600 lbs would be 1/2 full at 3 minutes.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-23-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
The system uses a timer to estimate how much water is in the bag. The best part about Supra Vision is that the owner can change the amount of fill and drain times on each pump when adding larger bags.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
Spencer
Can the owner change it himself through the menus or does a dealer need to do it?
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-23-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
The Supra Vision screen is pretty neat, but not much different than Maliview now. It's made by the same company actually. Now in 2010 Maliview has Ipod integration standard, and GPS charting optional.... Maliview has had the rider presets all along...
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
Diggs- You can change the timers right there on the system.

Maliview and the MC set up is made by Medallion.

Supra and Correct Craft are made by Murphy.

Different systems.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-23-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
Looking at Medallion's website, it looks like they make the dash systems for Supra as well. But, I may be wrong. The Vision screen looks just like Medallion's Viper system, but with different buttons built into the dash (that might just push the buttons on the Viper screen mounted behind it???).
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-23-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
Yeah.... Looking at Murphy's website, I can see that the Supra screen looks very similar to theirs as well.... (But Medallion lists Supra as someone they make the dash systems for??) Who knows... Feature wise though, the Maliview system now does everything that Vision does, except the engine diagnostics.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
I think Medallion makes the guage with an analoge and a digital display like the ones found in Supras without Vision.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-23-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Thanks Corey.

Is Mastercraft bringing out GPS this year as well?
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
Yep, GPS is an option as is Zero Off. We used to offer GPS as a stand alone Garmin unit, now its itegrated in the BIG.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-23-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
That is pretty awesome. I wish they would get smart and sell stuff like this as a part that you could integrate into older supra's or whatever manufacture. People already customize everything else, why not this stuff.
Old     (mcrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-23-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
^^That would be nice, but I don't think they could make the price reasonable for people. You would most likely have to change the wiring harness and some of the computers so everything works properly.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
The difficulty in retrofitting is that most of the older pumps, stereos, speedo's, temp/pressure/depth guages don't coordinate with the new interfaces. I know the old MC ballast pickups wouldnt coordinate with the VDIG or the BIG, they had to install all new sending units in the tanks.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-24-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
The consumer can change the ballast settings on the Supravision. They made the menu system super easy.

My new favorite feature is the engine diagnostic system. Lets say you and the fam are out on the lake and you get a code or your engine stops. Just give Supra a call and tell them what the computer says and they can walk you through what to do. I know it would have saved me a couple of times.