Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
Has anyone taken the center fin out and ridden it like that. I rode one this Sun supper fast board but it did seem a little sticky. I think Matt rides one. Oh ya I know WHORE
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-24-2006, 11:56 PM Reply   
My buddy has ridden a team for two years, he took out the center fin this year and wishes he would have done it on day 1.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-25-2006, 1:30 AM Reply   
Yea I've ridden the team w/o the center fin for 3 years now. I've never ridden with it or can't remember the last time I did.
Old    malibu73            10-25-2006, 5:54 AM Reply   
The first time I demoed mine I went with out the center fin. I've had it half of the season and have yet to try it with the center fin.

(Message edited by malibu73 on October 25, 2006)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-25-2006, 6:09 AM Reply   
I can't ride that board with a center fin. I dont ride any board with the center fin, but for some reason that board is just too locked in with the center fin. Some people probably like that, but for me I gotta be able to slide around.
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-25-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
I have never rode it with a center fin, I hate center fins on any board. Like Leo said, I feel locked in with the center fin.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-25-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
Squid. Matt VDA rides with all of the fins.

If you like fast, try the new Transcend. I rode mine again last night. I'm diggin it.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-25-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
Squid,
Only four screws from finding out how it rides.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-25-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
It's a great board without the center fin. I've actually found that most advanced riders prefer the board without. I keep the center fin because it helps with my air mobe. Other than that, I don't really need it.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
Thanks all for the input. I wish I had that problem Matt needed a center fin to help with the air mobe.

Jim looks like we need to take those screws out next time out.

J-rod a friend is getting the transcend so I will give it a try. I found the team to be faster then the Absolute. So how dose the transcend compare to the Absolute in speed.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-25-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
I rode the new Transcend and to me it was slower than the Absolute, pop and landings were good though.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
Ok, thanks Jim I think Kellen is getting one so I will still give it a try. Oh ya Chad's head is still cloudly from Sun.
Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-25-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
I actually like it with a center fin... and I ran without the center fin for some time. However, the center fin I use on my Team 143 is a .9", not the monster rudder that came with it. For me, the .9 doesn't seem make a big difference either way.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-25-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
You are hopeless squid. someday when you realize that the board has little to do with your riding, you might actually progress.

BTW I ran into Aaron Aubrey at the Airport yesterday and had a little conversation about you. We both agreed that you are "quite a character."
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-25-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
for cryin' out loud jrod, quit contributing to the problem! squid doesn't need to try anymore boards!

quote:

You are hopeless squid. someday when you realize that the board has little to do with your riding, you might actually progress.

yeah, i gave up paul.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
haha you all should know after riding for over 15 years. Riding different boards keeps it fresh for me.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-25-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
I rode with the center fin for the first week and haven't gone back. I do slide out on hs 3's occasionally which the center fin would probably prevent but am too lazy to put it back on.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-25-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
I found the Transcend to be the fastest CWB board yet, AND I went down to a 138. I'd venture to say it land softer and maintains speed after the landing even better than the Marius.

A little faster than the earlier Absolute shape (Flame/Pure).

A LOT faster than the current shape.

I'm diggin the shorter fin config too. The molded fins stop way short of the tail of the board.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
J-rod sounds good can't wait to give it a spin.