Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rickykamberra)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-06-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
I bought a 2000 Moomba Kamberra with original trailer 5 years ago. The fork that hold the bow roller was bent when we bought it and has progressively been getting worse. I decided to take it to Magnum trailers to get it repaired this year and to get maintenance on the trailer.

When we bought the boat the trailer also had a C clamp on the stem of the trailer that the previous owner said overrode the cilinoid for the brakes so it would be easier to back up. (I'm currently not using the brakes on the trailer). The guy at the shop said that this wasn't huring anything, but there is a part I can get to install everytime I back up which overrides this and makes it easier to back up. I would have to remove everytime I was not backing up.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or do I even need this?
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-06-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
This is what he is talking about.

http://www.boatmateparts.com/product...-t-65-2062.htm
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-06-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickykamberra View Post
I bought a 2000 Moomba Kamberra with original trailer 5 years ago. The fork that hold the bow roller was bent when we bought it and has progressively been getting worse. I decided to take it to Magnum trailers to get it repaired this year and to get maintenance on the trailer.

When we bought the boat the trailer also had a C clamp on the stem of the trailer that the previous owner said overrode the cilinoid for the brakes so it would be easier to back up. (I'm currently not using the brakes on the trailer). The guy at the shop said that this wasn't huring anything, but there is a part I can get to install everytime I back up which overrides this and makes it easier to back up. I would have to remove everytime I was not backing up.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or do I even need this?
I am assuming you have the C clamp to keep the actuator from compressing and engaging the breaks. If your trailer has a 5 prong flat plug and your car has a 4 pin flat there is a very easy way to use your breaks and still be able to backup. When you are towing around town hookup the 5 pin flat how you normally would on your 4 pin flat plug. The 5th pin from the trailer plug will not be touching anything. This pin is supposed to be hooked up to the backup lights. when the backup lights come on the breaks are disengaged. So with your setup when you are going to backup/launch get out of the vehicle and flip the 2 plugs so that the other side of the 5 pin flat is not hooked up. Then turn on your head lights. This sends a signal to the pin that goes to the break actuator.

Just make sure that you remember to turn it back around when you leave the launch or your lights won't work correctly.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-06-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanolinsky View Post
And if your trailer only has a 4 pin flat and drum brakes use that thing.
Old     (rickykamberra)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-06-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Yeah, the trailer is the 5 flat to my trucks 4 flat. I bought an adapter from 5 to 4. The adapter has the blue wire on it as well for brakes I'm guessing.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-06-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Brett, thats a pretty good idea. But, if you wanted to do it up right, I would connect that fifth wire (the blue one) to your back up lights. Just run a short lead to the reverse light. If you have a 7 pin plug on your truck, just buy a 5 pin --> 7 pin connector and you're all set. The C clamp is rinky dink IMO.