Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Here it is folks. I did my best considering my limited capacity to edit video. Dave definately won hands down. Keep in mind all of these crashes happened in one thirty minute set!

http://wakepics.com/view_single.php/King-of-Crash-NWWF-06_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20280
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-22-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
What a rare combination of quality and quantity. Nice work Dave. I was not convinced until I saw the scarecrow - yeah, you win.

Cliff - that was a great video. I thought the editing was pretty darn good. That would have taken me weeks and much profanity.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
Problem is, I saved it at the highest resolution I could off of my video camera and it ended up being twice the size allowed on wakepics. I ended up having to resave it and I lost a ton of resolution.

I'm working on the one with you and Jakober tomorrow so I'll should have it done in a couple of days.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Nice work Cliff. When we rode Sunday I think Dave and I switched places. I couldn't land anything and Dave couldn't miss.

Later,
jjakober
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-22-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Is this the same Dave (Noti) that rides with you guys in Seattle Cliff? Nice ..thanks for posting.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-23-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
That's you're winner?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-23-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Hahn, If you look at the series of tantrum crashes from Bryan at about 2:20 in Jeff's video, I think that is the leader in the clubhouse. The last "fasion tantrum disaster KO'd him. There is still some footage on Mike's camera of Jeff that could take the prize. I say you give a deadline of Sept. 30 for everybody to get there crash videos in.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
John - This is a different Dave. This is a friend of mine that moved here from Texas/Arizona a year ago. The group has claimed him because of his skills.

Nice job Cliff.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-23-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Alright send me his shipping address......
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-23-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
From Hahn:
"OK, here's what the Hahnster is going to do. Best crash on video trying something new:"

1st place: Brand new pair of 06 Lyman Bindings!
2nd Place: a pair of 06 DSO sunglasses
3rd Place: a complimentary subscription to WBM

Seems like the rules have changed.
Under these rules, the nominees should be:
Jeff K with the backroll attempt
Bryan with the tantrum attempt (he may be DQ'd for landing 2 the night before)
Mike with the front attempt
Ed with the 3 attempt, and anybody else on the other boats going for a new trick.

I do not have any video myself, so since Cliff and Jeff are the only ones to post, I guess it is what it is. who get's second and third?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-24-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
Laci seems to think I was joking. I am always happy to share the stoke with my buddies up in the Northwest. This industry has been very good to me over the years and if I can pass some of that on, it always comes back ten fold. Let me know who you thought deserves the gear and provide me with a shipping address.

Next year if you guys do a little advanced planning I'll get some sponsors to kick down stuff for the event.
Hahn

(Message edited by solo on September 24, 2006)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-24-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
that crash on the roll to revert is burly. I still think jeff is in the running. for at least 2nd or third. I am definately not scoring any gear with my performance out there.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-24-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
Hey Cliff, I can't get the file to run on my Mac after downloading from Wakepics. Do you know what I need to do to make that file viewable on the Mac? Thanks
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
It took all week to do that? You should've rode Sunday with us. Bass Fishing Derby and fog. We broke out the rainbow rope for you. To bad....... I was looking forward to seeing you in a wetsuit with no trunks over it tugging on the rainbow. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

JK. Good vid. Where's Jeff in his diving gear? Don't I win anything for wrecking his prop??

John - I wish I could claim even attempting anything Dave falls on (much less the stuff he lands). IMHO the reason the group "claimed" Texas Dave is more because he's is willing to help anyone who needs it and he's one of the nicer guys you'll meet. His riding skills just add to that. He is entertaining to watch, whether he's on or off.

There's more video out there? POST IT!!!!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-25-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Can someone give me a definitive answer as to who won?

(Message edited by solo on September 25, 2006)
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-25-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
OK,
1st Texas Dave
2nd Jeff K
3rd Bryan P

If that is all the video we have, I think those are the top 3 crashes.

If a majority agree, they can get their address' to Hahn
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
I WIN! Whoo Hoo!

Ship it ALL to me. I had the worst crash when I dinged Jeff's prop and clogged his raw water intake with milfoil.
Old     (fly2high)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-25-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
I DO have an account on here - believe it or not :-). Thanks for the compliments notidad! I had no idea that I was "claimed" by anyone. I enjoy wakeboarding with people who are positive and have fun out there. It's NOT about what you can do or how good/bad you are. It's about helping each other out (if help is desired), giving props to others for doing stuff well, having fun, and encouraging one another.

For the record on the contest, I wasn't trying to win anything when I went out there and rode. I always push myself hard when I ride and I think that everyone I've ridden with can attest to that. The video that Cliff posted was all from ONE 30 minute set. I must admit that I did get beat up a little more than I typically do on a set and had a headache after it, but it's all good. I kinda like getting smacked around out there as long as I'm not injured ;).

Anyways, I'm not sure of the exact rules of this game but if I won, sweet. Regardless, I'd really like to see these other crashes posted up that Troy is talking about.
Old     (seajeff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Cliff, youtube allows a larger filesize for posting videos than wakepics if you want to upload a higher resolution one of Dave there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icx_jk420VY

Troy- Got some grabs and half a fashion this weekend behind a Maxim with a lawn mower engine and no tower!

(Message edited by seajeff on September 25, 2006)
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-25-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Cliff,

R U still working on the NON-Crash video of all the people you shot? I want to watch Darren's toeside jumps in slow-mo so I can figure out how he gets so much air with so much control.

jjakober
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
Dave T.,

You've got the rock in your heart brutha!

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. It really ticked me off to lose so much resolution after working on that video for two days.

J,

I'll finish the second one this week. There is a lot more footage of you, Bonnie, and Darren. Mike, Nick, and I didn't really amount to much time on the vid, so I have very little to post of us.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-25-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
Soooo.....? Is that the final answer?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
I think so...

You seem disappointed.

I did my best to film as much as possible, but I had to split my time between riding, filming, and spending time with my wife and son. The get together was a great success from the feed back I've received we just didn't have enough people with cameras this year.

Maybe next year you'll make it over.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-25-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
I'm not disappointed, I just wanna know who gets the gear?

Names and shipping addresses please.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-25-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Texas Dave sent you his address via email. So Jeff K (aka Fun Jeff) should be able to provide his and Bryan P's to you.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-25-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
i agree with the order troy posted.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-25-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
Congrats to the winners. Here are some more:
Biggest concussion: Jeff R
most bruises: Jekk K
Biggest backroll: Jason
Best Switch tricklist: Texas Dave
Best setup: 2007 Natural/with 07 Xenons (I think) Bindings
Scariest Wake: 210
biggest Wake stock: VLX (includes wedge and 8 people)
most damaged props: (tie) Troy, Jeff 1 each
Loudest stereo: who cares
best time: whoever showed up

Thanks guys for a great time.

Thanks for posting the vids, here are some pics that jeff k took. Homer says "mmmmmm glasssss"

http://www.pbase.com/funjeff/pateros
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-26-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Subscription has been ordered and the gear will go out Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
steve- hopefully you can make it out next year with the little one.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-26-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Sunglasses will ship this week. Here is what he got:

Upload
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
That vid was great.
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
While we are posting wipeout vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bPwK0e4rs

and a end-of-year roll to blind attempt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-uAc6mqDu0
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-28-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
I dig the music in your vid Brad. It fits crash sequences perfect.
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-28-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
thanks cliff, I believe it is an old surf tune covered by Pearl Jam. I found it years ago on a disc to benefit the surfrider foundation.
B
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-02-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Here is the king of crash going for the 540 last night.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=12388 48688
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-04-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
OK Laci, who was it
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-04-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Texas Dave!