Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-12-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
I'm looking for some recommendations on quality automotive cleaning products. I've seen tons of threads about vinyl/gel coat/boat care products, but haven't seen anything in regard to taking care of the tow rig. What products are everybody using? Any I should stay away from? I just picked up a new tow rig and I want to keep it looking sharp.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-13-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
http://www.zainostore.com/
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-13-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
zaino is great....i use Adams line of products.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/default.aspx

along with lexol for the leather and auqawax as a detail spray.

1z cockpit premium inside the car.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-13-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Zaino is awesome. It is a pain to do, however. Multiple steps, almost a requirement to clay the car before each application, it is a time consuming process.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-13-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
Similiar when drying the boat off...I like to spray wax my vehicles after their weekly wash before drying!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-13-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Zaino is awesome but its a lot of work. I have been using Meguiars NXT 2 wax on my cars and looks almost as good as zaino. I haven't seen a wax/polish that makes a car look as good as zaino and I have seen a lot of different stuff going to Corvette shows over the past 14 years. Even if you don't do zaino, clay bar the truck first before applying your wax and that alone will make ANY wax look that much better on the truck. The clay bar really is a key to getting a nice looking car. The other thing you could do is wetsand and buff it out but then it makes even more work to keep that nice shine.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-13-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Everytime I wash my black truck I use turtle wax, wax as you dry. That is the greatest thing I have found. Keeps a good coat of wax on my truck and makes it as smooth as a babys bottom. try it out you wont be disappointed. Even works great on the boat as I use it after I clean my boat each weekend
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
I use the same Collonite Insulator Wax on my truck, that I use on my boat. Awesome stuff!!!

That is a very popular wax over on the Autogeek forums. Another is Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax. However, lots of guys say it's very hard to tell the difference between the two, and Collonite is WAY cheaper.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-14-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
x5 or however many for Zaino. A few times a year I wash the truck with dish soap, then clay bar, then use the ZAIO and follow up with Z6 then use Z2 polish and another spray down with Z6 to finish. I know that sounds confusing but once you get on the site you will understand.

http://www.zainostore.com/
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-14-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
Oh and get some Z16 if you have any black plastic on your vehicle. It will give it a little gloss and keep it from turning gray over time.
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-14-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
Well, I just spent way too much money on Zaino products. They should last me a while though. What do you all typically use as a lubricant for the clay bar? I read where Zaino recommends using their car wash or the Z-6 spray, will anything else work?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
Dawn dish soap in a bucket of water is the best for the clay bar unless there is something else that I am not aware of. That's what I always use.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-15-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
Swissvax is the only way forward...