Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-01-2012, 8:54 PM Reply   
Looking for some user feed back on the hyperlite process? Only feed back on line is from nick but looking for rider reports.
Currently on a Watson hybrid but looking for a hard with more pop. That and I like Nick Davies style!!! Mean rider!!!
Will be a cable set up fwiw.
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-02-2012, 5:43 AM Reply   
Not a good enough rider to really comment (only just starting obstacles) but I bought the 2012 recently. Seems well made. I got the 141cm and it seems to sit on top of the water somewhat making it a little loose (with fins) but obviously fast. That could be more to do with my weight to board size. I think I probably could have got away with 137cm. Seems to edge well though.

Seems to ollie nice and easy too.

Has quite a wide mid point.

Haven't used it behind the boat yet but (like I said in another thread) not sure it is the type of board you are going to butter slide it out in the flats. It has a stonking big channel in the middle of the board. But I was always planning on getting two boards.
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-02-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
I havent ridden the process but i have seen it and that board looks awfully thick for a cable only board. It also has alot of channels and such on the bottom. I currently ride my 2012 liquid force flx for cable and love it. Its really thin, really soft, and the bottom is just a single concave with no deep channels or anything to get you caught up on on the rails. I also rode the 2012 shredtown board yesterday and it is definitely stiffer than the flx but still an awesome board. If your going to ride only cable id suggest a board with a very simple bottom so you dont get caught up on any rails. And currently seshtown has most of the 2012 liquid force boards for under $200 if you'd be interested in a liquid force board.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-02-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
I tried to look up seshtown but could find anything, I'm in the market for some kind of hybird board around a 140 size, so if you got any links that would help.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-02-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Blair - I have a mint condition 2011 LF Watson Hybrid 139cm with matching 2011 LF Watson LTD boots that I would make you a good deal on. I've only ridden it a few times behind the boat (no rails, sliders, cable) and realized its just not my cup of tea for a boat board. Please see below pics and let me know if you're interested.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\unas54\My Documents\Downloads\2011 LF Watson Hybrid 139cm v2.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\unas54\My Documents\Downloads\2011 LF Watson Hybrid 139cm v3.JPG[/IMG]
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-02-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Pics....
Attached Images

Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-02-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Sorry i meant seshday heres a link to there website.

http://www.seshday.com/Events.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-02-2012, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooya View Post
Not a good enough rider to really comment (only just starting obstacles) but I bought the 2012 recently. Seems well made. I got the 141cm and it seems to sit on top of the water somewhat making it a little loose (with fins) but obviously fast. That could be more to do with my weight to board size. I think I probably could have got away with 137cm. Seems to edge well though.

Seems to ollie nice and easy too.

Has quite a wide mid point.

Haven't used it behind the boat yet but (like I said in another thread) not sure it is the type of board you are going to butter slide it out in the flats. It has a stonking big channel in the middle of the board. But I was always planning on getting two boards.
How much do u weigh? Could have something to do with u sitting so high in the water. I have a 143 Watson hybrid that I find does the same thing for me, just can't seem to dig as hard as I want with it.

I'm not really a rail rider, I hit kickers and am trying to learn more air tricks so I figured the process would be great for it.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-02-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1 View Post
I havent ridden the process but i have seen it and that board looks awfully thick for a cable only board. It also has alot of channels and such on the bottom. I currently ride my 2012 liquid force flx for cable and love it. Its really thin, really soft, and the bottom is just a single concave with no deep channels or anything to get you caught up on on the rails. I also rode the 2012 shredtown board yesterday and it is definitely stiffer than the flx but still an awesome board. If your going to ride only cable id suggest a board with a very simple bottom so you dont get caught up on any rails. And currently seshtown has most of the 2012 liquid force boards for under $200 if you'd be interested in a liquid force board.
I base my opinion on wanting a stiff board as I currently have 2 boards, one is a boat set up, LF groove, and a Watson hybrid. The problem is I love the feel of the groove while edging and hitting air tricks (easier to learn on I find) but cos it doesn't have a slider base and ive warn it down so I get stuck to the kickers when I hit them lol

I might do some more research! I bought my Watson on the advice of the guy at te shop and regret it, it's much too big for me and only really good on rails which I'm not really all that interested in...

Thanks for the advice people! Much appreciated!!!
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-02-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Anaru - I have ridden the Process on the cable tons of times, and it is a very sick board. Its very durable with the slider base, I have had only cosmetic surface scratches in the base, nothing has worn down beyond the slider base. Now if you are looking for a flex board, this might not be what youre looking for. It is still very "press-able" on rails, it just wont flex as much as other hybrid boards.

I have never had a problem with the channels or fins getting "hung up" on rails or kickers at all. Yes i leave my fins on at the cable for air tricks. It is awesome for air tricks, you can generate tons of speed and line tension in a very short distance, it also releases very quickly. I learned my first roll 2 blind at wake nation on this board, and cant wait to go back for more. There is a giant center spine that runs from tip to tail and it really helps soften landings, especially when charging hard at kickers. But, the spine is set deep enough in the belly that it does not have any heel/toe tapping or rocking on rails when board sliding.

It is wicked fast, even just gliding in neutral not on edge. and when you lay into an edge, man does it fly. As long as you are not concerned with tons of flex this is a sick cable board (and boat too!) that is fast, durable, and tons of fun.

Hope this review helps.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-02-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_paz View Post
Anaru - I have ridden the Process on the cable tons of times, and it is a very sick board. Its very durable with the slider base, I have had only cosmetic surface scratches in the base, nothing has worn down beyond the slider base. Now if you are looking for a flex board, this might not be what youre looking for. It is still very "press-able" on rails, it just wont flex as much as other hybrid boards.

I have never had a problem with the channels or fins getting "hung up" on rails or kickers at all. Yes i leave my fins on at the cable for air tricks. It is awesome for air tricks, you can generate tons of speed and line tension in a very short distance, it also releases very quickly. I learned my first roll 2 blind at wake nation on this board, and cant wait to go back for more. There is a giant center spine that runs from tip to tail and it really helps soften landings, especially when charging hard at kickers. But, the spine is set deep enough in the belly that it does not have any heel/toe tapping or rocking on rails when board sliding.

It is wicked fast, even just gliding in neutral not on edge. and when you lay into an edge, man does it fly. As long as you are not concerned with tons of flex this is a sick cable board (and boat too!) that is fast, durable, and tons of fun.

Hope this review helps.
This is what I was looking for! Actual experienced rider review. Everything u say is what the board claims it is, I was just weary as its HL and Nick Davies that claim all this so I dare say it's to their advantage haha

What size are u riding and how much u weigh? Are u using the systems with it?

Great review!! Thanks. Boards are expensive here in aus so I really want to make the right decision.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
The process is definitely a good all around board. It is rather thick, which is probably its most defining feature. I think that the thickness may contribute to its buoyancy and durability, also makes it a pretty comfortable board to grab! It may be a good option for you if you're looking to get into more air tricks. Typically non flex boards with continuous rocker shape, like this one, are preferred for air tricks. For obstacles, there are certainly boards out there with more flex and flatter bottom features. But, the process is extremely durable. With its beefy design it holds up really well. For that reason, I like it especially for charging at kickers. Haven't rode it more than once or twice behind a boat, as I prefer the updated marek shape. But from what I remember I felt like the board felt very stable on the water, and has very predictable pop.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-02-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbernstein View Post
The process is definitely a good all around board. It is rather thick, which is probably its most defining feature. I think that the thickness may contribute to its buoyancy and durability, also makes it a pretty comfortable board to grab! It may be a good option for you if you're looking to get into more air tricks. Typically non flex boards with continuous rocker shape, like this one, are preferred for air tricks. For obstacles, there are certainly boards out there with more flex and flatter bottom features. But, the process is extremely durable. With its beefy design it holds up really well. For that reason, I like it especially for charging at kickers. Haven't rode it more than once or twice behind a boat, as I prefer the updated marek shape. But from what I remember I felt like the board felt very stable on the water, and has very predictable pop.
Due to its thickness, would u consider it a heavy board? Do u know if anything changed between the 2012 and 2013 versions? Besides graphics lol

Thanks for another great review!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
Andrew PM sent
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-05-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
Anaru - I would also agree that it is a little on the thicker side, hence not having a lot of flex to it. But I would not necessarily say this is a heavy board. Its not noticeably heavy when you pick it up, and it definitely does not feel heavy at all when riding. And the process shape has been the same since 2011
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-05-2012, 3:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_paz View Post
Anaru - I would also agree that it is a little on the thicker side, hence not having a lot of flex to it. But I would not necessarily say this is a heavy board. Its not noticeably heavy when you pick it up, and it definitely does not feel heavy at all when riding. And the process shape has been the same since 2011
I bought the board and will give it a go today. I don't like flex boards and I like the idea of being able to build up line tension quickly so I only have high hopes for this board from what I'm told it's very poppy also!
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-05-2012, 8:12 PM Reply   
I think the process is very similar to the older 3ds/pulse shape hyperlite had a few years back. The channels and shape seem almost identical. Nick Davies was a huge fan of that shape back then. That's being said, I rode the 3ds until it was discontinued and I absolutely loved that board for boat and cable. Tons of speed, lots of pop and soft landings. Really good board for air tricks and boosting big off of kickers with or without fins (I prefer without). Your not going to get much flex out of it but since its nick Davies ' pro model that would be expected as he is more know for his air tricks and boosting big off the kicker rather than being a rail rider. Hope that helps.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-06-2012, 4:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich View Post
I think the process is very similar to the older 3ds/pulse shape hyperlite had a few years back. The channels and shape seem almost identical. Nick Davies was a huge fan of that shape back then. That's being said, I rode the 3ds until it was discontinued and I absolutely loved that board for boat and cable. Tons of speed, lots of pop and soft landings. Really good board for air tricks and boosting big off of kickers with or without fins (I prefer without). Your not going to get much flex out of it but since its nick Davies ' pro model that would be expected as he is more know for his air tricks and boosting big off the kicker rather than being a rail rider. Hope that helps.
I rode the board yesterday and it's everything I hoped it was! So much pop, soft as butter landings, tracks hard on an edge and doesn't get too caught up on rails.
I'm currently in pain from some failed raley attempts the other day but hopefully I'm good in a few days to get back at them and start progressing more!
Thanks all for the advice this board was a great decision!!!