Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       04-15-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
I have a few questions about the ballast pumps in my 06 Moomba Outback V so….
The pumps tend to fill up on their own when at cruising speed, any idea why? Next, the left side bag will not empty I have checked the fuse but I so not know much about wiring etc so that’s all I have really done to try to fix it.
Thanks for the help.
Old     (big_boss)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-15-2010, 11:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe30o View Post
I have a few questions about the ballast pumps in my 06 Moomba Outback V so….
The pumps tend to fill up on their own when at cruising speed, any idea why? Next, the left side bag will not empty I have checked the fuse but I so not know much about wiring etc so that’s all I have really done to try to fix it.
Thanks for the help.
Check the sprinkler valve (on top of the V-Drive) and make sure the manual switch is not set to 'on'. This will allow water through the valve regardless of your switch position.

The empty pumps are an easy replacement. The Tsunami 800 is what I replaced my center empty pump with. You will have to cut the factory plug off and splice in the wires from the new pump.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-16-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
Yep, check the little black switch on the sprinkler valve. If it's switched to the 'on' position, then it will also fill no matter which ballast switch you turn on

One of my empty pumps went out, so in a jam, I picked up a Mayfair aerator pump. Seems to work well, and it had the direct electrical plug so it was a very simple swap out.

Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-16-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Like previously mentioned check to make sure that the manual over ride for your sprinkler valve is in the correct position.

With regards to your bag not empting. When you flip the switch do you hear the pump turn on at all? Just wanting to make sure that it is either a dead pump or an electrical problem. On my Supra the connections to the fuse block and on the back of the switches were miss-wired and like to come off from time to time. From the factory the drain for the left was hooked up to the drain for the center and vice versa. So start by checking to make sure that all your fusesd are good. If all your fuses are good then make sure that the connections on the fuse block are all hooked up. If they are, check on the back of the switches. I know the wiring of the switches can be confusing, so I attached a diagram that i found pervously (At least i hope that I attached it correctly). If both areas are hooked up and your fuses are good, sounds like you will be replacing the pump.
Attached Images

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-16-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
Mayfair makes that exact pump in a 1000 gph model. Only like 2 dollars more. They are hard to find but work awesome