Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-29-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
If you are going to Killington they have a great skiwee program I put my kids in the two day program from 9 to 3 lunch included. Best thing I ever did for them and they were sking already. I was worried about the day being to long for them, but the mountain has got it dialed. Killington starts them at two.
http://www.killington.com/winter/plan/lessons/kids/first_tracks/index.html
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
Chris,Dave and I hit Blue Mountain yesterday for some awesome Monday runs. Temps were great and the place was quiet.We would come down the mountain and get right back on the lift with no waitng.What a work out that was yesterday,I'm a little sore today.
I'm now the official king of route 145, thanks to Chris(TOMTOM) and his great sense of direction.
If I'm off next Wednesday I might go up again.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-29-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
We are actually going up to Jay Peak Thursday night (I know it is a hike but we love that place and they have the best snow in the east!). I have purchased a harness for her so I can ski behind her and keep her in control, pull on the left strap to turn her left, pull right strap to turn her right. Plus Jay has a "magic carpet" which I know daddy will get bored of real quick! We have been practicing in the house at night walking in skis and how push buttons work (hands on the knees, push left knee to turn left, right knee to turn right, etc, it is how we all learned). She can't wait so it should be interesting, then maybe wakeboarding by the end of the summer!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-29-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
Jay Peak now thats a good way to start. Dont forget, Pizza Wedge, Pizza Wedge. I cant tell you how many times I was tearing down the mountain screaming that chasing my kids. Hoping they don't hit anything. Have fun she'll be skiing backwards in no time. My daughter Broke her other wrist snowboarding for the first time first run, two weeks ago. The first wrist to go was on the boat two summers ago. She says now the handle is going to hurt both wrist when wakeboarding.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
lol.. Jim, I take absolutely no responsibility for your multiple parade laps of rt 145! Maybe someone should've been payin attention instead of yappin on the phone!
Good times though yesterday. It felt great to get back on the board. Definitely need to do it again real soon.... and gets pics of the bra tree too!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-30-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
I'm getting a little jealous about all this snowboarding talk, gonna have to try and get out on the slopes soon!

On a unrelated note, Karen and I had "The Talk" last night...

Only 3 months till potential WAKEBOARDING WEATHER! Wooooohoooooooooooooo!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Hey Kevin,I drove up north today to drop my boats rear deck lid off to have it redone. On my way back I stopped at the scenic overlook on 295 to take a pic of our riding spot and almost got blown off the top of the stairs. I posted the pic on the riders blog. Man it was brutal out there today.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Hey Jim did you go to Dave's friend for your lid?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
George, Yes I want to Dave's guy Trim Specialties and met the owner Dave. He was straight forward and seemed like a good guy.Did you take your seats up to him yet?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
Yes I dropped them off around Christmas. I told him I just need them back around April no hurry. When I was there he had a 32 Ford Coupe he was working on. It was really sharp with real leather interior.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-30-2008, 11:40 PM Reply   
nlue mt was awsome jim whens the next time ur goign up we have to meet up at the mountain and shred
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-31-2008, 5:19 AM Reply   
Everyone's got the boardriding bug?

Would it behoove us to pick a day, a saturday or sunday, and all hit the hills together? We'll be the Jersey Wakefest gang!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-31-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
I'm going to Mountain Creek or Camelback on Sunday if anyone wants to hook up.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
ok, who did I fool with my post??? I know I got a few! hehehehe I was just joking around. We were talking about warmer weather and how close it is to us, and only getting closer with each day!
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-02-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
im heading up to blue mt tonight and might stay up there for sunday morning there having a park contest i wanna enter in
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-02-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
Im going up to Shawnee Mt. on Wednesday night with my kids. On Thursday morning I'm checking them into a 6 hour ski school and cousin Ken is driving in the morning so him and I will board while my kids are in ski school.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-02-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Oh yeah...today is February 2, also known as Candlemass, also known as Groundhog Day.
http://www.groundhog.org/
http://www.thisischurch.com/christianinfo/candlemass.html
What's cool about this holiday is that it marks the halfway point between Winter and Spring.
Yes people, we're officially and the dowside of Winter and easin' our way into the Vernal Equinox.
I don't knw about anyone else, but I'm feeling behooved.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-05-2008, 3:06 AM Reply   
is anyone going up to the mountains this weekend cause i will be up there all weekend snowboarding
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
AC boat show is this thursday-sunday. I'll be going friday. I think only Mastercraft will have a display, but lots of BIG fiberglass to look at.

Going to be in the 60's wednesday, cold weather coming back this weekend. Make sure you guys check ski conditions before making the trek to the mountains.

Oh yeah, C'mon spring!! (I killed the groundhog) :-) :-)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
Hope everyone voted today!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-06-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
Floating docks.
Hi guys and gals form Jersey. I'm at Harveys Lake, PA and have many floating docks for sale if anyone is interested.
3' wide by approximately 15' long-$50.
6' wide by approximately 15' long-$100.

Our beach association bought them a few years ago and the old fogies voted them down before we could put them in and now we are selling. They include floats and everything and are in good shape. Give me a call or email if you or anyone is interested. I probably won't check back her for awhile.
home: 570 639 5273
email: sk8mountain@yahoo.com
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Hello Rich! I'll relay the dock info to someone who has a house on lake Wally. Sounds like a good deal, someone should snag these!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-07-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave,
My parents live on the other side of the lake. I gave it a good try to try to get these docks installed in what is basically my front yard but to no avail. The countdown to warmth is on!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Hey Schoolrider,
Those have SLIDER written all over them!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
KG, I was thinking the same thing. I could borrow a trailer from my friend and bring some back. Anyone care for a pocono road trip??? :-)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
BTW , the boys on the DC wake thread are tied with us right now. None to worry, I heard they don't last long at anything! :-)
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-07-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
Hey, Dave how you guys doing over here.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-07-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
Hey Jersey folks!
We've already had our first Jersey session...
People are buying docks to make sliders...
All this when Puxatawny Phil just peeped his shadow 5 days ago! Talk about getting a good jump on the season...

But I have a serious question I want to throw out there to the Jersey crew. I have long desired to start a wakeboarding school and this year I may actually make it happen. I am very early into it-trying to arrange the financial angle, the insurance, the equipment, advertising and all that.
While I am very motivated, I am trying to settle on a name so my little baby will actually take on an identity, further pushing me to get this done.
So far I have the "Garden State Wakeboarding School" and while it's ok, I keep thinking there's something even more catchy out there.
So the question is this: Does anyone have a great name for a wakeboarding school? Please throw your suggestions out there.
Thanks in advance!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2008, 5:58 AM Reply   
We hit the slopes yesterday at Shawnee and had a great time. My daughters had fun at their 6 hour lesson and Ken and I boarded all day. After the rain and warm weather on Wednesday the groomed the slopes and it made the snow nice and loose. Good conditions for snowboarding and the place was very quiet with no wait for any lift.

JB just a few off the top of my head.
New Jersey Wake Academy
South Jersey School of Wake
Burlington County Boarding School
New Jersey School of Wake
South Jersey Boarding School
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
JB, that's great! I'd like to volunteer to be your first student! :-)

My creative juices aren't flowing too good today, but I like G.S.W.S.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-08-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
Believe me, I'm keeping at least 4 docks for sliders, but we have a lot. I'll get a count and pics up by this weekend. They're on craigslist now and I got a bunch of emails yesterday.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-08-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
http://picasaweb.google.com/schooledrider/HarveysLakeDocksForSale

Here's some pics guys. Scroll down and there is a little info on the left. I think I counted 15- 3' wide docks and 9- 6' wide docks. I'll likely be buying a few of each for a slider.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
Very cool JB!

Severn Boarding Academy

The Gardens

Gardens Board School

'Gardens'

'Mullica'

Board School No. 5
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
Nice JB, Make it happen!

My contributions to the name game!
The JB Academy
The JB Wakeboard Academy
School of Wake
JB's School of Wake
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
Heres a quick video of Ken jumping a VW bug yesterday at Shawnee Mt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc9Rm_tdsS8
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-09-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
Very cool JB! As for names, do you have any names/places/etc, that have a personal meaning? Sometimes the best names come from something w/ personal inspiration.
This is how I came up w/ mine. and although I've questioned myself on the name I chose in the past (mostly due to its length), I'm always complimented on it and happy I stuck w/ it.

W/ that said, I do like NJ wake academy and garden state wake school. Just have to brainstorm really. Is there anything you definitely want in the name? (ie: NJ? JB? etc) or are those things that can be better placed in a slogan. Where is it going to be based out of?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-09-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
Like JB, I have to begin with a quick review: Gerald is building a new slider, KG wants to build a monster
slider out of schooledrider's old floating dock, Ken and Jim are going Byerly and sliding an old VWB, there's
a boat show happening in Atlantic City and JB is in the early stages of lunching a New Jersey Wake Training Facility!
And what am I doing? I'm shuffling around the mall for a Valentine's Day card, picking-out cigars at
JR's and looking forward to The Bud Shootout tonight at 8:00pm. Not particularly exciting.

The date for Wakefest 2008 hasn't been firmed-up yet, but it's getting closer. Once I have all of that poop
in a group I'll definitely let everyone know.

Finally, I'd like to sell-off (cheap!) the 60 Sylvia trampoline. Anyone interested? Or should it be donated
to The New Jersey Progessive Edge Waketraining Facility as the first official piece of wakeboard specific off-water
training equipment?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-09-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Hey Gerald, how about building a combination floating party dock/slider? You could have the slider on one edge of the dock with an up-rail and down-rail on each end of it. (I built a floater years ago up near Lambertville, 8 X 8 cabled to a chevy engine block at the bottom but after 3 months a storm took it away)

The dock idea would be nice for us to tie-up to for raft-ups. If it's in front of your house you could pull it to shore at the end of the day to avoid problems with the po-po. If you need any help building it, let us know.

The other idea would be to keep it behind the island for use at high tide, but it may not stay there for long plus it limits the use of it.

So KG, when's the road trip to the poconos to pick up docks from schooledrider?

(Message edited by njskier on February 09, 2008)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-09-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Did someone say poconos? I'm ready to go back and do some more boarding.I'm thinking Camelback like Feb 25 or 26.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-09-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
25th might work for me. gotta check the schedule out.

I'm down for helping to grab the docks too, again, as long as work permits.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
JB here's some names:

Delaware Valley Wakeboard Center
Del-Val Wake Camp
Tidal Wake Center
Tidal Wakeboard Training Academy
Barton's School of Wakeboarding
(any variation of above)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Well, I spoke to my mechanic yesterday, and we agreed on a date to unwinterize The Super Air. I love it.
For me, the countdown to Spring has now officially begun, because once the boat's ready to go,
it's game on. Eeeeeee-haaaaaa!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-15-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
NJ Wake riders lunch tomorrow (saturday) at Chickie's n Petes in Bordentown. 1:00 pm.

Come on out, talk wakeboarding, grab some crab fries, get stoked for the upcoming season.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-17-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Went to lunch yesterday with Dave,Chris,Ken,Woody and EJ. Food was good and the beer was cold.Had a good time talking about last year and this upcoming season. Also I posted a picture on wakeboardnj blog of the very nice tshirts that Dave had made for the group to buy.
Going up to Camelback Mt. this coming Sunday the 24th to do some boarding and skiing on Monday morning if anyone wants to join us.Should be our last trip of the year. See everyone soon.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-20-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Man, we're just about a month out from actually being able to talk about seriously going riding! Awesome!

But first I'm going out to Park City for a little snowboarding getaway. The WSIA (Water Sports Industry Association) has an annual "Summit" there and a bunch of us tag along to see some faces and go riding!

Brian and Annette, I always seem to miss your parties! They sound like my kind of shin-digs,
too.

And thanks to everyone who has helped with suggestions for a wake school name. Jim, I took your idea and have come up with "Garden Stare Wake Academy" as the lead so far. And even though I don't have a boat, don't have insurance, and equipment or students for that matter, I do have one thing: a slip! I rented a spot for the summer on the Rancocas Creek so I have officially made my first financial investment for my dream! While that was pretty easy, the next one, where I commit to a $50,000 + purchase, may be a little more difficult! As a long time ride sponge, I guess it's time I stepped up!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-20-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Nice JB, I wish you nothing but the best in you business adventure. If I can help you with something besides the 50k, don't be affraid to ask.Have fun boarding.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
Hey JB, That's awesome man. The stoke will be alive this summer.
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-21-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Jeff good luck. Maybe you can help me land my first invert in one piece. I'm going down to the wakeboard camp in Florida tomorrow. I think I'll just stick to working on edging and maybe start going for the elusive 360 again this weekend.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-21-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
JB, congrats on taking the first step of your new business venture. If I can be of any assistance, just holler!

Kev MC, Have fun down if Fla. Just remember what happened with your last 360 session!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-22-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Drum roll please...

A working date has been selected for Wakefest 2008! Some groundwork has to be done before an offical announcement
can be made, but folks, Wakefest's wheels are definitely in motion. Wakefest 2008! Eeeee--haaaa!

I am totally unfamiliar with snowboarding hot spots, but if Park City is any place that requires air
travel, I hope JB caught his flight before all of this evil white stuff started flying around.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-22-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
...sweeet glorrrrious Wakefest! Do cometh soon!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-22-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Yeah....Wakefest! Oh I can't wait! Lot's of surprises in store!
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-23-2008, 5:43 AM Reply   
Yeah...Wakefest! Can't wait.

Started a new job this year, in which I have to travel overseas...anyone know places or people who can provide a tow in Switzerland, Ireland, UK, China?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-23-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
I know I am looking forward to this phenomenom called wakefest and hoping some DC Wake people will make the tow up.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
White's Winter Chill & Grill WinterChill&Grill.JPG WinterChill&Grill.JPG
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
White's Winter Chill & Grill
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-24-2008, 4:30 AM Reply   
hey what up! dang im missin alot of stuff in these 2 months, JB startin his own school!! sweet! and congrats! wakefest is already comin in to play! which im stoked about cause ill be back for it! well hope evryone is havin fun in the snow and ridin as much as they can
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       02-24-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
Hey JB, if you ever need a student, you know where to find me lol
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-24-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
Ewing, that would be great to have some of the DC Wake guys join us here on the river. Travel time from Baltimore........2 1/4 hours. Time from Reading, Pa...........1 1/2 hours.

Johan, good to hear from you again! Your timing should be great when you come back to NJ, right now you're not missing much. We've had less than 6 inches of snow all season, not even that cold either. (no ice on the river right now, maybe that will help the water temps come spring)

Mike Necky, we'll have to get you up here to ride with Kyle when the season hits. I have a feeling you guys will push each other into learning new stuff!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-25-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Dave just got I just back and it was great. The only injury is like five blood blisters on my hand. They gave my a ton of exercises for the three and they figured out how i got hurt(that wont happen again). I rode at OWC yesterday its a crazy feeling on a cable. The boxs there wrecked the bottom of my board.Heres a pic from one of the kids at the camp.Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-26-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Another great trip to the Poconos. I took the family and Ken up to Camelback Sunday. We checked into the hotel at 2 and spent the day at the indoor pool with cold beers and good conversation. The kids swam and we had the the place to ourself. Later we went to the hotel bar/restaurant and had great service because there was only 2 other people there and the bartender asked us to stay longer because he was all alone.He hooked us up with some got deals on cold beers.
Monday we met Chris at camelback and had great snow conditions and full sun all day. We never waited for a lift and had a blast. Here is some links to my first slider attempt and some nice work by Chris.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kTUjib6x2g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ubZqqGXoN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m141PmO8R6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU1j6AuvP4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUV-0U3lFpg

Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Hey those videos are good stuff.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-26-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
Yesterday was awesome. Perfect conditions/weather. Definitely had a great time. After watchin those vids, I think I need some more practice, lol. The biggest rail seemed to go the smoothest for some reason, haha. ah well. until next time/week? Congrats on gettin through that slider too jim! thats a huge step for only 3rd time being out bro. Tell Ken to up the advils to 8 btw! hahh
I think I'm going to hit creek either next week or the following week and just hang in the park for 4 or 5 hours if anyone wants to join.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-26-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
Kevin Mc, Looks like you had a great time in sunny Fla. I bet this summer you'll be sticking 3's and attempting some 5's!

Jim, cool vids of you and Chris! Hope Ken stays healthy enough for spring riding (on water that is!)

And for any NJ riders who would like a t-shirt I have some @ my cost of $11.00 each. Jim posted a picture of them on the WakeboardNJ blog.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-27-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
I wanted to throw this out to the locals first, I am selling my wakeboard (in the name of a new one). I am selling my 2006 Obrien Natural 139. Board is mint, and the only reason I am selling it is I found a 144 Natural (I should have bought the big guy size in the fist place). Board is perfect, no dings or marks, looks brand new. Looking to get $175 for it. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks

(Message edited by holiday13 on February 27, 2008)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
Gavin how did the ski lessons with your daughter go? How was your trip?
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-27-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for asking Jim, the first day was a little tough giving her something totally new to try, she did well but got cold quick. It was snowing that day as well which I was psyched about, but the snow turned to rain but the temps stayed at 15 degrees so day 2 was ice and we didn't even try. Day three worked out well where she was skiing on her own about 50 feet at a clip. When we were leaving she said "Daddy, I liked skiing, but I want to try again when it is warm". Thought that was funny. We are going back in a couple weeks to try again.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-28-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
Holy cow!
Kevin Mc, that is a HUGE wake in that picture! I swear, I got a buzz through my body, wishing I was there riding that wake.

Just got back from a nice trip out West snowboarding in Utah. I've got some pretty cool shots of some epic conditions.

Here is me, Kato and some of our group at our condo. But look behind us- it's just dumping snow!!!!!!!
Upload

Here's your truly in a fresh field of powder

Upload

This area was called "Jupiter Bowl" in Park City. We walked over to the left are we just bombed fresh, untouched powder.
Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-28-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Cool pictures JB. The one of you wearing a helmet is a gem!

At last weekend's Chill & Grill we watched some video that was shot on the river last summer. It had us all
in a trace. With Brian's wide screen tv, and the Super Air's gangster rap bumpin' out of Brian's stereo, it
was like we had gone back six months in time and we were all right back on the river, in the boat and having
a great time. It was really cool.

I'll be heading to Bordentown late morning this Saturday to pick-up a 2008 ramp pass, and more importantly,
to do some pivotal Wakefest legwork. I'm also looking forward to hitting Chickie & Pete's with Doreen for
some tastey midday sustenance.

(Message edited by nj_alex on February 28, 2008)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
JB, those pictures are beautiful. Tell Kato we said Hi!
JimB, that's a great pic of the family and the youtube vids are too cool!
While I love to see all of the snow, I have wakeboarding on the mind and still trying to check out flights to FL for the Air Nautique Wake Games next month starting the Pro tour season.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-03-2008, 7:11 AM Reply   
Great pics JB!

Hopefully Kato will find his way back east for NJ Wakefest 08'.

Annette, Anthony, and I are headed to Jamaica in a couple of weeks to shake off the cold. I know after getting a taste of some warm weather I will be pumped to get this season underway.

(Message edited by eustace on March 03, 2008)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-03-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
Well I have the itch bad so it looks like me and a couple friends are heading back up to Camelback again this week. We are going up Wednesday and staying the night so we can board early Thursday morning with out the long drive. If anyone wants to join us or meet up at the slopes you are more than welcome to come.

Gavin, glad to hear your trip went well.
JB, that powder looks awesome.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-03-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
On the list of threads, it said the last person to post to this thread was Dave Williams. But once here
I see Jim as the last person to post. Weird.

Any hoo, I've learned that you need a Bordentown ramp pass beginning April 1. But despite trying to buy one
a month ahead of time this past Saturday, the Bordentown cop shop dosen't even have them to sell yet!
I guess I'll try again in a couple of weeks.

While in town I did some land surveying down by the boat ramp. It was funny to see garbage can lids with
SOS sticks on them and a San Bar Marina sticker on the front of the the porta john door.

The first date picked for Wakefest 2008 turned-out to have some insurmountable complications, so now a
second date is being put through the wringer. Hopefully by the end of this week the official announcement
can be made.

On Sunday I was smoking a cigar and staring at the shrink wrapped Super Air. I took comfort in knowing that
in about six weeks I'll be cutting that shrink wrap off!
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-05-2008, 2:56 AM Reply   
hey what up my jersey people!
all the snow pics are making miss the cold! and the boarding.

JB, so about the whole school thing, you got prices yet or can we schedule in some times, i wanna step up my riding this year!

cant wait for WAKEFEST!! I know it will be awesome!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-05-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Johan, how's it going over there?Are you about half way done? I look forward to having you back around these parts. I have just assumed you would be moving back to Jersey, but are you gonna be sticking arund or heading back t California?

Alex, I have made my way past the Bordentown ramp several times over the last few months. Luke loves to ride the Riverline, so we head up there, walk down to the ramp, then make our way back home.

And I can't see any reason not to divulge the Wakefest III date. Let the world know at your leisure, fearless leader!

And Brian, I do believe Kato is gonna head back for Wakefest this year. He's always down for a good party! I think Ike is going to try to make it back, it's just a matter of if he's over here around that time.

And things are slowly but surely moving forward with the wakeboard school. I may even have a Web site here shortly. Oh, the progress...
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-06-2008, 2:44 AM Reply   
its all good over here, all i do is work all the time!!!!!!! and its startin to get hot!!!! ya im half way done should be home buy 20th May. ya ill be back in jersey atleast for awhile, one day though ill be back in cali. but ill be chillin in the dirty for now! i cant wait to be back in the water and around all the good friends i made last summer!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
Hey Johan! It's good to learn you're doing well. We'll all be hangin' on the river, drinkin' beers and
sharing good times before you know it.

Oh man...JB has put me on the spot! But in actuality, I do have a couple of reasons why I can't announce
Wakefest 2008's date just yet. Hang in there crew. I just need a couple more days!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-09-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
Chris,Ken and I are hitting Camelback Monday morning for what might be our last time this year.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-11-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
Ohhhh the suspense!
I need the date to secure my vaca! Damn it!