Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-01-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
I just saw the pro tour 1st stop will be at Dallas Landing Park Acworth Ga. Does anyone know anything about this site? Any info you can share would be appreciated.... thanks
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-01-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Go to maps.google.com and plug in the address. Go to satellite image. It looks like a nice beach area for viewing and lots of room for the course.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
I was in Minn/St Paul today and checked out the site for stop # 2, it was a big ice cube, I will post a pic.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Will the lake in Minn/St Paul be thawed out in time for the comp? if it is its going to be cold. I disagree with stop two being in Minn/St. Paul, it sould have been later in the season, when it warmed up.
Old    roadking            02-02-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
Jeff, The Minn/St Paul stop is not until June, it will be warm there and shallow lakes get cold faster, but they also warm up faster. It wont be a issue.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
Sweet I hope so.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-02-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Ask this question on wakeboardatlanta.com a lot of folks ride on Lake Allatoona.

I'm pretty sure I know which park that is. It has a sand beach and easy access to the rd. It's north of ATL by about 30-45 minutes up I-75. I am assuming they are going to block off that section of the lake, it kind of bottle necks there. Right around the corner is the infamous spill way that danny harf and murray jumped off.
Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-02-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Being from Minnesota, I find comments like that hilarious. I swear some people think it is winter here all year long! We were riding in northern minnesota in the middle of April last year and we ended up riding all the way through october. Of course, it was cold as you know what in april and at the end of october, but besides that it was fine. We are usually skinning it by mid May.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-02-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Here is a pic. from 2 days ago of Island Lake, PWT stop #2 in Minn/St Paul. Totally glassed out.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-02-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Well that didn't work
Old    358army            02-02-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
randy i figure im just gotta start stalking you, apparently you know somethings i dont yet, seriously, how do you find these things out, i mean i know im not to bright and all but, im looking forward to atlanta, its kyles birthday weekend and he turns 21, let me know whatever other cool stuff you got.....
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-02-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hijack. Brad, what up, you back at O'town yet? Well see you in March, HS 720 & KGB are on his list. Say hey to Glen an family and happy B-day to Kyle for us.
Later...........
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-03-2006, 6:04 AM Reply   
Braaaaad!! Nice to see your name on the forum, looking forward to seeing you and allowing the boys to thouroughly harrass the heck out of you. (of course I will be cooking..)
Old    358army            02-03-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
randy, yeah you dirty dawg i'll be here when you guys are here. look forward to seeing him here, kgb wont be a problem, heelside 7 is gonna be fun, hopefully i should have it by then too....
Old    358army            02-03-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
robyn, wht would the boys harrass me. i mean im a nice guy, well thats what my mom says....... look forward to seeing you guys, you coming with the whole family again? regardless looking forward to tacos..... and you can see the finished tattoo.....
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-03-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Sup Bradskus, how arnt ya