Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    berks            07-27-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
I am an intermediate wakeboarder and i'm looking to upgrade from my O'brein Ambush. The boards i have been considering are the '05 CWB Flame or the '04 CWB Absolute. I'm also looking for some new bindings. I have been riding '02 hyperlite highbacks and am thinking about '04 Parks or Torques which come with the FLame in a package. I'm only looking to spend between $400 and $450. Please give me any suggestions.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Well the 05 Flame is the 04 Absolute with a different graphic. I rode that shape all last year & really dug it. The Torq's are a decent boot but not a super high end binding. If I were you I'd see if I could get a pair of last years CWB Boss or Zeus. The Parks are okay but I would prefer the CWB's any day. Good luck, have fun.
Old    berks            07-27-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
o ok thanks alot. Is the boss or the Zeus as comfy as the parks and do they have as much support?
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
I had a Pure and stepped up to and Absolute Platinum. I freaking love it. The CWB bindings suck unless you get the Zeus. I got 05 Transits and love the setup.
Old    berks            07-27-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
so your saying either get the Zeus or get a different brand. Any suggestions?
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
Yeh, there just does not seem to be enough support and they seem cheap to me...that is the lower CWB's I am talking about.
Old    wickedwake            07-27-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
You wont find more comfortable bindings than LF. Get the Absolute with Transit's or Sphynx's and that will be one sweet azz ride!
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-27-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
isnt combining companies like blasfamee?
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
I only think that if you are sponsored by a company. I love my Absolute but hate CWB bindings. And I do not like LF boards. I have broken 3 of them.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
If you are an intermediate rider, I think the best setup is and Absolute with some LF Alphas. Not too expensive, yet you can never out grow it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-27-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   

quote:

I love my Absolute but hate CWB bindings. And I do not like LF boards. I have broken 3 of them.

funny you say that...i've just recently busted an '05 cwb board. did i think cwb lost credibility? nope...all companies' boards break.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
I broke an Absolute too. I still think CWB makes awesome boards.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
I know this is lame to do but here goes...next years 2006 CWB boots are going to be freaking awesome. There are some things that haven't been done before & it's gonna be sweet.

Grant, this is the second time I've seen you post about mixing boards/boots as being blasphemy <----note the spelling. That is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. all the people who have posted have found their ideal setups with other companies. Don't you want everyone to have the perfect setup? It doesn't always happen within the same company.

oh yeah, the Zeus will have more support than the Parks and the Boss is real similar to the Parks. Supportive yet tweakable.

(Message edited by stephan on July 27, 2005)
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
but have you seen the 07 stuff?
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
don't mix companies if you want your "perfect" setup to be under warranty! LF ownz but lack durability.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-27-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Heavy-
Take a breather man, I also saw grants last post about mixing bindings and decks of different companies, but it's not that big of a deal. And im sure he could care less about everyone else having "the perfect setup" as long as he finds one for him. As far ass the CWB binding upgrades, what are these things that havent been done before, and do you have any links that we could see these things.
~Tyler~
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-27-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   

quote:

don't mix companies if you want your "perfect" setup to be under warranty!

the second dumbest thing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
he could tell you but then he would have to kill you

Customer:
"Whutup-yo, I'm calling because my brand new Team bindings are falling apart. The base plates ripped off and there are screws stuck in the heel of my foot."

LF Warranty Dept:
"No problem sir, what kind of board did you have these bindings mounted on?"

Customer:
"I had them mounted on my Absolute."

LF Warranty Dept:
"I'm sorry sir but that voids your warranty." You're not permited to mount LF boots on any non-LF board."

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-27-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
once you go air chair, you'll never go back.
Old    berks            07-27-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
Are Torque bindings pretty bad because i'm thinking about going with those on the Flame which is a package? It's cheaper than trying to find an Absolute and fairly decent bindings too.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-27-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
Torq bindings are great. They're not a high end hold you down and message you like an Asian hooker great, but for the price and level at which you are looking, they are the best.

I'm tired of people saying CWB boots this and that. I want pics damnit. I have a friend who knows some of the things they are doing and he won't even tell me.
If it's closed toe I'm jumping in front of a train. Well, that may be a bit drastic.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
toolfan, I got it, it was funny, ha

Tyler, no need to take a breather. Things are good in the 'hood. Obviously the kid needs to open up his eyes and think outside of the box. I'm just trying to show him the path. Plus i've been hanging with jumalian and he's been wearing off on me. You're my boy Joe!!

As for telling you what they are doing and/or posting pictures, this can not be done. There are guidelines to this job and that would put me well out of the boundaries. Don't you worry though things will be out soon enough. And then we can discuss them for a whole year and around this time next year I'll say "yeah but mmm can't wait for next years" & you'll go "really? like what" and then we will repeat. Sounds awesome!!!

Torq's aren't terrible but if I was doing any big jumps or spins or flips I wouldn't want them. It's better to spend more $crilla on a good pair of boots than a board. No sense in hurting yourself in crappy boots. What size feet ya got?}
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
another thing.....I have always been a big fan of spending more on bindings than on the board. You dont have to be good to be comfortable, but you have to be good to get the board to work for ya. not to mention, good bindings will make your sets longer.
Old    260searay            07-27-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
beer is my friend
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-27-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
I love you Umali.
You are so wise.

You're like a miniature Buddha..
covered in hair.

For those with a life, it's a quote from Anchorman.