Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    xmental            01-05-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
it appears that good luck and hard work do pay off...u see I'm a cold Canadian, who has been given the opportunity to relocate to sunny and warm turks and caicos islands for a while....

Wondering if anyone has been, and if it's going to be possible to get a pull somewhere?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-05-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
Hmmm I don't know, never been either but we are planning our next vacation and Turks & Caicos is one of the destinations we are looking at. Would be awesome if you could wakeboard there to.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-05-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
Some friends of ours were considering going there for a job (he is in commercial refrigeration), but decided not to due to their kids. I guess they only have to go to school till 8th grade, and they have one son in high school.
All I know is that the Dr. I work for has been there on vacation and loves it. I can't ever seem to remember the name and always call it "Taco's and Chips"!
Have fun!
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
I have been and there are some sweet spots to ride on the south side of Provodencials.Good luck finding a boat to pull you.You will have an awesome time.The water and sand are incredible.No crime.Roads are really bad.We rented a car for a day to see the whole island which is fun.Caicos cafe is the best place to eat and reasonable!We stayed at the Sands on Grace Bay.The Stars are killer there too.Enjoy
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-06-2005, 9:03 PM Reply   
Jim, how was the surfing there? I know alot of resorts build barriers so the waves can't come in. Let me know
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2005, 4:20 AM Reply   
As far as I know its not a big surf spot.NO resorts I saw had barriers.Grace bay which is beautiful and where most of the resorts and hotels are at,is protected by a reef a mile out.That kills the swell on the beach.Some of the best diving in the WORLD and snorkeling is great to.Great place just to chill.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2005, 4:22 AM Reply   
St.Marteen has a wakeboarding school and you can ride by the 1/2 hour.They are using an X Star this year I believe.
Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-07-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   
A friend of mine runs a dive company / eco tours there if you are interested in a spot of diving etc...don't know about wakeboarding though!!

www.bigblue.tc
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
big blue is the best there.