Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-14-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
'06 Supra 21v. Has the stock Kenwood in it. It's already been replaced once and it's going out again. Looking to upgrade. Doesn't need a cd player, just USB for the iPod. Any suggestions for a good unit? Doesn't need to be top of the line. Thanks.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       07-14-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
Very happy with this Sony. It comes with an iPod cable and charges the iPod as well. You can get a wired remote that will display and control iPod functions. It wont show you the playlists but you can still move through them.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-CDXM60UI-.../dp/B001S2R8VS

Brian
Old     (jspd234)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-14-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
clarion marine cmd6 or cmd7. i've had my clarion soaked from squirt gun fights, splashing drunk fools, full force water hose spray when washing, etc.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-14-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
I just put a Clarion M502 in my boat and have been happy with it so far. I can't speak to how water resistant it is, but it was the only deck I found that would do bluetooth audio and work with a wired remote. It works very well with the MW1remote.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-14-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
I had a Fusion IP600 in my last boat.. Loved it!!
Internal iPod dock-faceplate folds down, iPod slides in totally enclosed and secure.
Best iPod controls of any deck I have used.
Independent zone control for In boats, tower and sub
Very clean and simple styling..
Very sturdy..
A little pricey though but deals can be found
Old     (collin)      Join Date: May 2002       07-14-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
I have one of these Sony units. Like the Fusion above it stores the ipod right in the deck. No CD player. I am on my second summer with it and it has been great. I also have the wired Sony remote hooked to it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158DSX3...X.html?tp=5684
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-14-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
All of those look like good choices. Was also looking at some of these, so with everything mentioned and those below, I need to make a choice. If anything I listed is junk, let me know. Thanks.

Sony CDXHS70MW

RFX9700CD ROCKFORD FOSGATE

KENWOOD KMR-700U

Any input on any of these, good or bad. I research the hell out of everything before buying.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
I personally wouldn't put Sony mobile audio anything in any boat/vehicle I own. Everything I've ever seen from them has been sub-par to be nice about it.

I upgraded last year to Alpine's iDA-X100M:
http://www.amazon.com/IDA-X100M-Alpi...ords=ida-x100m

I paid about $280 shipped new for it. I also added two transom remotes, the MC10 kit and MC1 extra commander add-on:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/mc10/
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/mc1/

I got the MC10 for around $100 shipped new, and the MC1 for about $20 shipped new. I also added the Alpine Sirius tuner:
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-KCA-SC1.../dp/B000RO5L6C

And Sirius SVCDOC1 so I didn't have to buy another subscription and could just have the Alpine unit control the Sirius:
http://www.amazon.com/Sirius-SCVDOC1...irius+dock+sc1

I went the Alpine route because I wanted a transom remote and they have the nicest one out there. I got the second remote to mount under the dash as the factory location for the head unit (01 Malibu) isn't ideal.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-14-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Looks awesome nitrousbird, but I think that's a little out of my price range. Son in college is draining every spare cent I have.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-14-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
I have the Kenwood KMR-700U and like it,it has ipod plug and USB plug and 4v output voltage.
Old    alanp            07-14-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
i just put in a jvc arsenal KD-AHD65. good little unit. i like it bc anyone can stream music via bluetooth. 4.8volt preouts(biggest selling point for me vs. others in this class) and it can charge anything with its usb front.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-15-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
So I went out today and here's the wild thing that happens. Everything plays fine if the engine is running. Turn it off and the music whether it's the turner, cd or iPod will come on for a few seconds then shut off, then come back on, then shut off. Just repeats that cycle. Start the boat up, everything's fine. Batteries are brand new and stay on a trickle charger when not in use. I reached up and felt the back side of the head unit after the boat had been running for about 20 minutes and it was extremely hot. Not sure if that's normal or not. That problem sound familiar to anyone? Still thinking it's a defective head unit. Thx.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-22-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
Didn't want to spend this much money, but I ended up going with the Fusion IP700. Bill me later, full cash refund or exchange within 30 days. This unit looks pretty sweet. I'll post up an update after it's installed and I have a chance to test it out. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old    9Drozd            07-22-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
Ive got the fusion cd 600 and it sounds really good for not having any amps for the in-boat speakers. Also have 2 wired display remotes for it and I like them better than the clarion display remotes. You'll like the unit.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-22-2012, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
Ive got the fusion cd 600 and it sounds really good for not having any amps for the in-boat speakers. Also have 2 wired display remotes for it and I like them better than the clarion display remotes. You'll like the unit.
I probably won't use all the features they claim, but for the $50 extra I paid over the 600, it'll be worth it. That's 1 year newer technology which is definitely worth the extra $$$ spent.
Old     (corbin86)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-23-2012, 4:29 AM Reply   
Check out the Alpine CDA-118M it has very user freindly buttons and tons of options. also alpine makes nice remotes and optinal wired in remotes to place wear ever you want. It has the daul zone for tower and boat. i bought one for my boat havnt put it in yet but im very exited about it they go for around 430$
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-02-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
Finally had time to rough in the Fusion IP700 and that thing is insane. So simple to use from just playing around. Need to look at the manual to fine tune it, but it was well worth the money even though I wasn't looking to spend that much.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-05-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
I had the fusion in my 2001 super air. It's a good choice for those boats cuz it fits in the odd sized hole the stock clarion used. It's a great unit for iPod use! Having the iPod protected from water/heat is totally worth the money. The separate zones work really well too. Hope u enjoy it.