Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-11-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
Well went to put on my KMT6s on my tower and my Xtreme Phat Budde tower. I am so pissed cause there is a plate that is on the tower that prevents the clamps from going around the tubing to secure it. Anybody know if there is a flush mount kit for these speakers??? Or can I just not have ANY tower speakers? The previous speakers were outdoor home speakers that sucked.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-11-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Could you post a pic of said tower?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-11-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
They have 2 bolts per speaker that bolt on the clamps. You could just buy longer bolts and bolt them through the tower. So you wouldn't have the clamps at all
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-11-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
I will get pics posted asap

duffy
wouldn't vibration, rough water, etc. shear the heads of the bolts off?
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-11-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
i don't have a pic of my tower but this tower is exactly like mine except i have blue.... see how that plate blocks the tubing ..... what should I do?? Those red tower speakers don't look as good as the KMT6s...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1070926064
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-11-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
What about putting them on the first angle off the center? I think you could figure somehting out and it wouldn't sheer off.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2010, 6:07 AM Reply   
I might have to run a plate across the existing plates then bolt the pod to the new plate
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-12-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
Pete-

I looked at your pics, prior to reading your last post, and I agree with your thoughts in your last post. A new plate that would hit the existing bolts would be a secure way. Then just drill 8 holes and use half the KMY6'sclamp, the half closest to the cabinet. Depending on your plate thickness, you will likely want to get new bolts that are shorter. Those are 1/4-20 bolts as I recall.. Post up pics when you get it done!

Phil
Kicker
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
i am going to call Kicker today and make sure that flush mounting these speakers won't sheer off the bolts in any way. To me when you use the clamp around the tubing on it acts as a kind of buffer to stop sheering from rough waters, vibration, etc.... I don't want to have the bolt sheer off and it hit me or someone else in the head. The lake wouldn't be fun if it weren't safe...
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
instead of alum plate.... I may use alum angle iron...
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-12-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Pete-

hah hah hah... You are talking ot Kicker.... You will want to use half of the clamp, specifically the half that mounts to the KMT6 enclosure. Mount that clamp half to the enclosure, (x2 per enclosure) and then bolt through your plate or angle iron to the clamp halves. Your bigger fear is not bolt shearing, but a bolt pulling through your adaptor plate or bracket. SO... make sure that material is thich enough, and use washers to spread the load so he bolt will not pull through.

Phil
Kicker
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
ok cool... I called right at 8am today... you guys must have partied hard this weekend cause you weren't in yet... no biggy I appreciate your response and solution to my problem!!

If you have any other ideas on what you think would be best for mounting across the two plates let me know ASAP I will be finishing them up on Wednesday.... hopefully!
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
I had the same issue and just ended up notching the plate so the clamps fit..............
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-13-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
I didn't want to notch it fearing that I would either accidently hit the tubing or that the plate was needed for structural integrity. so I now have an aluminum plate that will run across the existing plates to solve my problem. I will post a pic when I install it tomorrow!!