Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-09-2011, 1:13 PM Reply   
Fantastic day. 5 miles from the marina and my swim platform fell of. Reattached it with zip ties and idled back to the marina. Idiots everywhere. Might as well been a holiday weekend. Got to he truck and found that someone hit my trailer. Good times. I should have stayed in bed.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
yeah i dont go on sat-sun, i work nights, and go 4 days during week, and i wont go on sat/sun for that reason, weekend warriors
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-09-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
We showed up at the lake this morning at 9:00 and had 2 full hours with just ourselves on the lake. I bit it wake skating and ruptured my ear drum though. Doc says not to get it wet, I guess I'll use ear plugs next weekend!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-09-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberworks View Post
We showed up at the lake this morning at 9:00 and had 2 full hours with just ourselves on the lake. I bit it wake skating and ruptured my ear drum though. Doc says not to get it wet, I guess I'll use ear plugs next weekend!
I went out on Wednesday and ended up with swimmers ear on Thursday. Doctor told me the same thing. Made it a point last night to pick up some plugs I cinched down me boots and jumped in forgetting all about the earplugs, oh well. I guess I will doulbe up on the drops after an alcohol rinse.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-09-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
Another Supra with a broken swim platform...... Scares me about mine. Looks like Skier's Choice better step up and offer a recall or extended warranty because LOTS of people are having this problem. How about it guys?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-09-2011, 6:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
Another Supra with a broken swim platform...... Scares me about mine. Looks like Skier's Choice better step up and offer a recall or extended warranty because LOTS of people are having this problem. How about it guys?
The part that failed on mine was the little quick release pin that holds the platform in the slide block. Still sucks that I had to cut the day short. Easy fix though. Went to my work truck that is stocked with all kinds of stainless hardware. Grabbed 2 1/4-20 bolts and nylon nuts and put them in place of the quick release pins. I never take the platform off anyway so it is not a big deal to me. If I never need to remove the platform it will only take me about 1 minute longer than the quick release. I can live with it.

I guess I am going to have to take time next week to get estimates for the trailer repair. Like I have extra time in the week for that