Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2009, 5:28 AM Reply   
I as looking at the website, www.primalmp.com and thought this was a good idea but not sure how easy or difficult they are to get on an off.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-16-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
I have them
Once you get used to which ones go where they are not difficult. Just take some time the first few times you use them and you will get the hang of it. I love mine because you get rid of all the hot vinyl. They are worth every penny
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
Agreed, they are really nice. You will need to wash them a couple of times to get them soft and lent free (do no wash with other clothes) and they will be great.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-16-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
can you leave them on the seats to dry or do you have to take tyhem off everytime?

ive got some cracking vinyl on a few seats and might want to cover them up for a while until fixed later down the road..
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-16-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
BTW whats the deal ,no supra seat covers!?

what a biotch they left out a major brand!
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Bill, from what I read on their website you do have to take them off if they get wet. How wet, I don't know. I figure if you get them fairly wet and leave them on there is a good chance of mildew forming.
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
Bill, they will do custom covers if you want them from what I read.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-16-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
The seat covers are so worth the money.... A guy we ride with has a brand new X Star, he also owns a wakeboarding lesson company so the boat is out on the water every day in the Summer months with tons of people in & out of it. Lots of kids tearing around inside the boat and stuff all season long. When he takes the covers off to dry / wash, the original interior looks brand new. They are sooooooo worth the $$$$$!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-16-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
what do they generally cost per cover,average?
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-16-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
He said around $1200 to cover everything in his X Star. His boat is actually up for sale right now. He has tons of pics of the interior with & without the covers. Check them out at milehighwakeboarding.com
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Man, that actually looks like a pain to put those in, and then take them off when they are wet, put them back on, and so on. I would rather stuff towels in between the seats do it 'old school' and save myself $1200. I'm sure it won't be too long where one boat manufacturer will start setting up their boats to be able to do this as an option. Might be worth it then. I don't trust my assembling skills when it comes to this stuff.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-16-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
yea i can get new vinyl cheaper then that! i need to invent neoprene boat covers and sell them in five colors and for half the price.

I bet you wouldnt have to oull them off as much as its more bretahable and repels more water naturally..
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-16-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
Honestly, $1200 is a lot for seat covers... I agree! I guess he has the cash to blow on them. Personally I wouldn't spend that kind of money on them but that's just me.
I'm with you as far as using beach towels. I put them on all of my seats when we are in the boat and it seems to work just fine (and I have white interior in my boat!).
I can see Steves point for using them in his boat. He has so many people in & out all summer and mainly kids, so I guess in his situation they are worth the money. Plus, he gets a new boat every season and they do help with the resale value. They are not that bad to put on & take off. Believe me, I have done it enough times in his boat!!! Ohhhh the other thing is, he takes his dog out on the lake almost every day so they do help protect the interior in that aspect also.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-16-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
They work really great and keep wear down on the seats. I guess you could buy a lot of vinyl for that price, but then you'd have to change your vinyl. Staples, stretching... etc. It's not fun to do regularly. They also keep the interior cool when it's hot out and protect the vinyl from sunscreen staining.

The downsides are that they get wet and have to be dried. When you're on an extended trip just hang them over the tower to dry. When you're at home just toss them in the drier.

If you get dark colors I'd make sure to wash them a few times before using them. The dark colors will bleed when they get wet.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
Thank you everyone for your comments about our our seat covers...your enthusiasm and satisfaction with our product is what keeps us growing.

Pricing for a full set of covers is not $1200... Boat show\winter prices for a full set is $799 and summer pricing is $999. We offer different packages that much cost less, so please send an email to info@primalmp.com.

Primal seat covers not only offer unbeatable UV protection, but they also help keep your vinyl clean.

If you don't see your boat on our website, please send us an email so we know what boat you have and what seat cover package you are interested in. Our next boat pattern set based on customer inquiries, so send us an email to get your boat coevred.

At this point I do not have enough customers asking for a specific Supra Boat. I have a couple inquiries spread over a handful of Supras.... so please contact me if you are interested.

Thank you,

Uj

www.primalmp.com
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-17-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
$1200 seems kind of high. Back in December I had the guy at primalmp quote me for my '03 210. He said to do the full boat it would be $799.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Bill,

We experiemented with neoprene last summer and there are many, many hurdles to clear when working with that material. At this point we can make them, but because of stitching techniques and how they fit, they do not hold up with constant on and off that they will see throughout their lifetime.

-Uj
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-17-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
Uj,

Sorry about the $1200 price comment. I was just going off what my friend said his set ran. I thought it seemed a bit high for seat covers.... Nothing against your product, honestly I think they are great and do an amazing job of providing protection to the interior.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
No worries...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-17-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Several of my friends have these on their boats. Awesome product.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-17-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
I have the seat bottoms kit with the added drivers seat. I love them and I personally think they are worth the money. Look good, easy to put on and take off literally 10 min max 15 once you get the hang of it.
Old     (kt_ski)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-17-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
UJ,

email sent re: Supra
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Got it... just replied. thx.

-Uj
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-17-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Uj, how much for a set of covers for an '08 X-star? Full work-up every piece of vinyl. Thanks.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
AMO,

Winter\boat show pricing is $799 for the full boat. This includes all bottoms (4 bow and 4 mid boat), full driver chair, 3 decks, backseat rest, corner back rest, and 2 bow back rests.

Send me your email and I can send a formal quote.

-Uj
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-17-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
These are the bomb! When we got ours last year they were a little more pricey at retail but Mark (Uncle Jessie) has prototypes built for more models now. He can do them for most popular boats but if you need a prototype done there is a lot of time invested (and more money) in that. Call him though, he can explain that better.

We have 5-10 people a day on our boats and the vinyl really does look like it's in showroom condition. Helps with the hot seats and helps with protecting the vinyl.

I can't think of a time when we had them off for more than an hour or two at night when we washed them so we got pretty quick at putting them on and taking them off. They do soak up water but you can avoid that problem. We are super nazi's with our boats (ask Jeff about bringing chips on the boat one time..ha ha) and make everyone drip dry on the back deck so our interior rarely even gets wet. For friends it might be a little different but for lessons, we have quite a few rules (and forms) in place to make sure the equipment stays perfect.

Next to a better prop and bigger engine, these are simply the best things you can spend money on for the long term.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-17-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
Chips?..... What chips? I know nothing about chips!!! I agree with Steve on the quality and function of the seat covers. We are so anal about the condition of our boats and in Steve's situation (owning and running a wakeboard school), the seat covers are well worth the money and they do work great. Great concept and thinking when they were developed and put on the market. When the Wife lets me get a new boat they will be one of the first things I order and install!
Chips.....Chips.... What chips?!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 Supra Launch Direct drive..
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
I Have them on my 06 211 & and they work great. My interior still look's new. I really like that i have no stain's between the cushions. Uncle Jesse even took home a slight concussion when he installed them. Damn Tower Speaker's. LOL
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-18-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
$1200!!!!

For that price I'll go to the fabric store and pick up some towel fabric and learn to sew. How hard could it be?
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-18-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
I think as everyone has pointed out, they are not $1200 anymore. If you have kids or people that really don't know their way around a boat, they are worth every cent.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-18-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Chips....chips....what chips....

I'll call you later Jeff. Heading to Vail in the am.
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-18-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Ok, let me put this thread to bed........Ted lol.

I talked to Uncle Jessie, aka Mark at Primal yesterday. I have a quote for an '08 X-Star with every vinyl surface covered for $800.

They are NOT $1200! At least not for an '08 Xstar.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-18-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
I wish these were available for MB Boats...
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       02-18-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
i think they are a great idea for a new expensive boat.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-18-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
Johndk,

If you are interested, send me email at info@primalmp.com. I have a couple of people with B52s that would love for me to find others with their boat...

-Uj
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-18-2009, 10:23 PM Reply   
I have them and don't take the covers off to dry as long as they are not soaked. I just pull the seat bottoms so they are not tucked in. (most probably do that even without the covers)

If the money is too steep talk with them about just getting the bottoms. Those are a must have especially with kids and dogs in the boat.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-19-2009, 12:31 AM Reply   
> If you are interested, send me email at info@primalmp.com. I have a couple
> of people with B52s that would love for me to find others with their boat...

Yup, I'm one of those people that emailed you.

John
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
Uj,

I'm interested still for a 2003 Supra Launch 22 SSV.. Seats are the same for years 1999 - 2004 22SSV

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-24-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
These covers work great, and on a hot summer day they dry very fast! $799 to $999 is not a lot of money to protect your $50,000 investment. I think this is one of the best products a boat owner can have on their boat!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-24-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
As for on topic, $800 or $1200, the Primal Covers are worth it. They do a great job at protecting the upholstery.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-24-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
Just think how much you could save if you could order a boat with those seat covers instead of vinyl. I want to see the nice vinyl that I paid so much money for. I did like the idea of these at first but it defeats the purpose of having a nice interior. It would be like buying a Mercedes and putting some Auto Zone seat covers on to protect the seats. Just my thoughts
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-25-2009, 4:22 AM Reply   
I have them, With kids in the boat alot, its the only way to go.
Old     (ram)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-25-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
UJ
Do you have covers for a 09 Nautique 210
Thanks
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Not yet but we plan on having them by May. Please email me so I can contact you directly.

info@primalmp.com

-Uj
Old     (sundoo)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-01-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Love them! Have an ex-camp VLX with 450hrs...seats are mint...kids love them on the cool morning rides.}
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-02-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
I love mine! WELL worth it folks.

No, you won't make them for less and have them look as nice.

Yes, they save an immense amount of wipe-down time(if you are anal like me). Yank them, in the wash, back on. Adds 3 minutes to the 22 minute 'ready-the-boat' cycle.

Yes, the Ladies love them. "These are so soft". hahahaha

Yes, saves me a bottle of 303 every couple weeks.

And Finally, they just look pimp.