Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
I need to have my HSE volume controller installed and have my open air subs corrected. I want to change my out dated head unit to one that will play padora off my iphone and charge it. Can any one point me in the correct direction. I don't want to drive out to Stockton to get it done because it would cost to much money in my gas and time.
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2011, 6:20 PM Reply   
Try Topside Marine...they do a lot of custom stereo stuff and could probably help you out.
Old     (Tmannsx80)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2011, 8:34 PM Reply   
Check out Johnny over at liquid Trends. www.liquidtrends.net for address. The best.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2011, 8:56 PM Reply   
Johnny at Liquid Trends. +1
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-12-2011, 12:54 AM Reply   
+1 Johnny over at liquid trends. They know their stuff. Good guys.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       01-12-2011, 6:26 AM Reply   
+1 for LT, I am pleased with my service there.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-12-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
You can get a hold of my shop manager at 408-205-9236, his name is Danny and he/we will take care of your needs. Or feel free to call me as well.

Thanks,
Johnny Neves
Liquid Trends, San Jose
408-230-3093
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
Hey Johnny,

Are you the same company that makes the tower speaker boxes as well? Do you guys a website that shows off some of your installs.

Thanks
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-12-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
PM me for some pics of installs.. The website is reserved for product sales, we are revamping for next year to include install pics.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-12-2011, 11:45 AM Reply   
pics
Attached Images

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
Nice Johnny - I have always heard the you guys did great work and just wanted to see some pic's. Looking foward to seeing the website when it is ready!
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-13-2011, 7:46 PM Reply   
I think a perfect choice for what you are looking for is Topside Marine. Do yourself a favor and talk to either Jim or Bill. I can tell you from personal experience that they truly listen to your needs and budget to come up with something better than you could imagine. Also ask the other stereo people what kind of connections they use and also what kind of hardware they use. Topside Marine only used stainless steele screws and hardware in my and other installs. Also the wire he used in the boat was Tinned plated marine grade. He told me it was because of the amount of condensation that get into a boat can cause the screws and hardware to eventually fail/rust. Either go in and visit the shop or give them a call. They are always more than willing to discuss details over the phone or in person. 408-271-2628
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-13-2011, 8:59 PM Reply   
johny is dialed, nuf said!!!!!!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-15-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
Liquid Trends = over 1500 marine installs no BS...... This is only in the last 4 years, have no clue what the total number is since day 1 circa 1999.
Marine hardware does not = experience....
Nuff said...
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-15-2011, 12:19 PM Reply   
^^^^^ There is a very, very long laundry list of materials and procedures that constitute a quality marine installation. While S.S. hardware is certainly a basic requirement its just the tip of the iceburg. And it takes years of experience to recognize the unexpected. No one can anticipate all the little issues related to marine audio out of the gate.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-15-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Just based off things I've heard and seen over the years I'd take it to Liquid Trends. I doubt they'd try to hang their hat on using SS screws and hardware.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
I just got my boat back from Liquid Trends. Johnny/Danny did me a solid. They worked with my old stereo amp and 6.5 speakers. He came up with a plan for a new enclosed sub (previous boat owner installed 2 open air subs), installed an HSE volume unit, a clarion 7-band EQ, and relocated my 3-port heater and heater hoses. I went in with a budget and came out happy. The stereo sounds great and I am happy with all the adjust-ability I have with the new EQ. These guys are very accommodating especially with a novice like myself. Also I want to thank Isaac for helping me install my head unit. Thanks guys. Lets ride!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-10-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
Did they use stainless screws?
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
Johnny,
Just curious if those illuminated Exile tower speakers pictured on the Illusion X tower still swivel/quick disconnect? If they do would you care to elaborate on what was done to accomplish this?
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
Murphy, I will have to check/look more closely. I know some of the hardware that came with the HSE and Clarion components do not have SS screws. So should I say something to HSE and Clarion? J/K
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-10-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
Haha - I still get a chuckle over that previous post.

You need to post up some of the pics - I am sure that the system is first class all the way!!!!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       02-10-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
Hey dave I had my stuff done by Danny also, They did great work.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-10-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
Kikitlo - version 1 does not quick disconnect , but does swivel 345 degrees. We need to find a very small form factor connector that will carry the RGB signal to the enclosure. Have not really spent much time looking because I store in doors and never really take the speakers off the tower. Other then that the weather tight strips are encased in a silicon over mold and epoxy holds them to the inside of the grill

Murphy - Our screws are made of unabtainium.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
Johnny where did you get unabtainium, I have been looking all over. I am just glad you didn't use drillium for the panel work. I don't want the light stuff, it is a wake boat.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-11-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
We have our connections... ; )
Old     (topside_marine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-19-2011, 3:00 PM Reply   
A friend told me of this post and I felt compelled to set the record straight. I want to be perfectly clear because there is some misperception of material use on our audio installations.

WE NO LONGER USE STAINLESS STEEL SCREWS FOR AUDIO INSTALLATIONS OR FOR USE IN BOATS THAT WE SERVICE. SINCE WE HEARD ABOUT THE "UNABTAINIUM" THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE (we have our spies at Johnny's) WE HAVE NOT USED ANY OF THOSE UNRELIABLE, CRAPPY STAINLESS STEEL SCREWS!!! (Besides they have a tendency to corrode after 20 or 30 thousand years and then where would ya be!)

We had used SS since the late 60's and early 70's when we started installing 8 track units with Hi Fidelity. Eventually we moved on to new technology with the emergence of cassettes and ultimately CD's followed by digital music. However, we have recently come upon a new material for screws being used in all of our audio installs. We are ready to share the secret with the public (now that we have purchased the patent and secured all of the manufacturing rights).

It is called "Invisium". It is an alloy of Tantalum Pent-Oxide and Beryllium Tri-Nitrite (as well as a blend of a few "secret ingredients"). Only my self and the Keebler Elf himself know the formula. I can disclose however that we forge the new screw in our own foundry under our backyard volcano in Maui so it is "Proudly Made in America". I was also able to procure some cheap labor from some short fellas out of the far north who were out of work for the summer due to the economy and slow demand for Christmas products. Because of this we have been able to keep our labor cost low so we do not have to ship manufacturing to China like the SS screw boys do. Better yet, we pass the savings on to the consumer (our customers).

See photo's below and they will clearly demonstrate the integrity of our installs using Invisium screws instead of Stainless Steel.

PS: The screws may be difficult to see in the following pictures as they tend to be invisible during certain full moon hours and the autumnal equinox.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
^^^^^^WOW with a reply like that it had me thinking Dave now works at Top Side Marine??
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
I love the feel of the JL RCA's. The Blue wire material is super soft and the end's feel real nice. But man they want their money for them. The hard plastic covers that protect the ends are real sweet as well. Just wanted to say Nice RCA's
Old     (topside_marine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-21-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
Thanks Grant,

It takes a keen eye to notice. In reality we had a few sets left over from a large system and we gave them to the customer at cost. They are still to damn expensive but they sure are nice to work with. I wish we could justify using them exclusively but that would make an audio system cost as much as plasma reactor chamber.

Bill
Topside Marine
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-25-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
Wow sorry for misquoting the materials used at Topside Marine (stainless steel VS Invisium). I will now log it in my secret decoder book of materials use by a top notch company. Thanks Bill for informing the "kno it all's" who think they can bully people on this site. I have not kept up with all the Jr Varsity comments on this post. I was simply telling the person looking for help "do some research and look deep" before stepping into an expensive upgrade and look for quality workmanship. Post some pics of the install. I am now curious of the install myself.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-05-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
I'll have to say after visiting topside myself the guys over there DEFINENTLY no there ****! I've talked to liquid trends also but if you go to topside and talk to them you will be sold by there knowledge and quality. They don't even try to sell they will put you on the path to do a lot of the work yourself. And will answer any q's you have and even draw you wiring diagrams!!! Guys are top notch!!!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-05-2012, 7:31 PM Reply   
Winter really brings out the best in people. Nuff said.