Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-13-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hi ,everyone i am from montreal, and i am looking to buy a new boat, i want to get some advice and some comments from you guys owner of the boats i am looking to buy,

1 : i want to boat that i can travel from lake to lakes, cause i will get it on and out each time

2: i want a nice wakeboard wake ( i am about 260 pound )

3: nice surf wake also for fun

4: enough room to be 8 and more and enough space to move

5: and also post pictures of your X2-X14 and star wake and boat to see your color scheme :-)

6: Tell me what are the good and bad options

Thank you very much
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
you can go to mastercraft's website and design your own.

www.mastercraft.com
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
I heard that the built in lube things leak and are more of a pain in the arse than they are worth. I don't have one on my boat but that's what I've been told.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
"I heard that the built in lube things leak and are more of a pain in the arse than they are worth."

Not true for me.....Knock on wood......Works best when its really warm out, engine is hot, you bust it out and spray it all over a hot chicks stomach!!
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-13-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
X-15
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-13-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
We have one of each at the wakeboard school that I work for in Dallas and here are the pros/cons for each that I have seen after spending hours in each. Personally I would choose the X-Star but that's just how I use the boat.

X-Star Pros: big boat with plenty of room in the boat for 10-12 people, best wake of the three, drives good

Cons: needs extra weight on top of stock but the Fly High PWT sacks are built for the X-Star and can be plumbed into the factory ballast, gas consumption

X2 Pros: drives like a sports car, lightest boat to pull between lakes, many of the same features of the X-Star
Cons: needs extra weight for riding and surfing, smaller inside but 8 would fit fine

X-15 Pros: good factory wake, traditional front end which some people like, same size as the X-Star inside, drives great
Cons: larger boat so higher gas consumption

With any of these you can't go wrong, try to drive them all and ride behind each if you get the chance.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Andrew, how about the X-Star surf wake?
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-13-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
I've got the o7 x2
I'm a beginner and I never ride with the ballast. It's plenty. One of the guys who ride with me (been wakeboarding 2 years) never rides with the ballast either and he goes wake to wake, back rolls, 360's.
Funny, I just tried wakesurfing last weekend because it was too windy to wakeboard. The wake was between my knee and hip with 4 people in the boat. I let go the rope for about 40 yards 2nd time I tried
I'm a beginner and towing, launchin, and putting it back on the trailer has been easy to learn. The xstar would have been too much for me.
i had 7 people on my boat 2 large extra cooler with liqour and food all day at the 1st pro tour stop plenty of room. 3
hope this helps
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-13-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
The X-Star that we have has the Fly High pro tour edition fat sacs plumbed in (same as PWT Edition X-Star) and it's a great surf wake since the rear ballast is so large. Fill one side completely in the rear and then start emptying the other three sacs til you get it dialed.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-13-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
X2 all day-all pro's add some ballast and weeee!Upload
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-13-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Thank you guyzz, it help me a bit, Andrew i cant test some overhere, all boats in montreal, are from 1 dealer and they are all sell before hitting the dealer so its really hard, and not a lot of person have one near by, also when you say gaz coonsuption about the xstar how many gallons per hours are you talking about ?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-14-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
How much weight are you going to be running and I'll try to get an estimate for you. I'm assuming you are going to be running a X-Star with the MCX engine and stock prop.

Also, a good person to talk to about this that is on the forums is Travis Moye. Travis?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
X-star.... Big boat, Big weight, Huge wake and Big gas comsumption, but well worth it.

Upload

(Message edited by guido on June 14, 2007)
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-14-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Evan how many people have had to use crutches after ridding behind the bone crusher?
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-14-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
if i run it with stock prop, 6 person in the boat and custom ballast loaded .... ?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Ron, only 1 so far. We are going out tonight though... LOL!!!

RadikaL, not sure, but it'll be a lot. I'm actually pretty suprised when people talk gas mileage in boats. They all suck fuel like pigs. The bigger they are the worse they consume. A loaded X-star is definitely going to be worse than a prostar 190, but it's only marginally worse than a loaded X2. My basic guestimation on gas for our boat is 5 gallons per rider per set. Keep in mind that we ride with guys that go for 1/2 hr sets at the minimum and the boat is loaded to the maximum. We've also got the big block (though I think consumption is similar since it planes out a bunch quicker).
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-14-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
so here in canada with your estimation is approximatly 40$us/hour to ride this beast !
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-14-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
you lucky guyz with these crazy boats that go out tonight eat **** and die im jalous !!! héhé just wish i can go out tonight its 32 down here and water is so calm !! grrrr