Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-30-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
if there any difference in the hulls? both come with Wedge if possible

and I am sure that this has been asked before

but I may be in the market for a new boat

thanks for the help wakeworld crew.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       05-30-2003, 8:35 PM Reply   
2000 and earlier are identical hulls. check malibuboatowners.com for a detailed history of the wakesetter/sunsetter hulls.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-30-2003, 8:38 PM Reply   
thanks troy
Old    ssjrmk            05-31-2003, 8:58 AM Reply   
hairband I just bought a 2000 sunsetter vlx. I was going to by a new wakesetter vlx and then this deal came along (exellent deal)so i did lots of research and the hulls are the same ,If you put the wedge on and the same ballest it is the exact some wake(size and shape).I am very happy with my boat the wake is excellent and it was alot cheaper. If you have any more questions feel free to e-mail me.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
that is my whole idea and thank you for clarifying it why pay $45K for a new one when you can get the same wake for $30K? I have a friend who just got a '00 Wakesetter VLX for 32. He is happy with his also. I'll email I do have more questions, thanks again.
Old    steveb7            06-03-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
the 2001 model is the only different model. It has a modified hull to make a better ski wake
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
I found a '99 Sunsetter VLX last July with only 65 hours on it. Couldn't be happier.
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
The '03 VLX hull is identical to the '99 model year boat. The Sunsetter has the same hull as the wakesetter in 99 and 2000 also.

The deck was redesigned in '02 though to create a more "European" look, as well as more storage and a higher freeboard. The Windshield was also changed so that it mounts on the deck, instead of being recessed a bit. The changes were made to freshen the appearence of the boat, and don't really add any functional differences.