Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-16-2017, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash
The left is being spoon fed garbage lies from mainstream media like little children and they sit there and nod like bobbleheads with no brain. Think for yourself people for once .And once some truth gets posted on here the patrolling liberals all jump in here like a pack of angry wolves ready to respond with nothing but lies they been fed with on the fake news. There all trembling in pure rage reading this and getting ready to reply mark my words.

Every whiny libturd who doesnt like trump will have "racist" come out of there mouths as the first word yet when you ask them to name one thing racist he has said or done they start fumbling around trying to bring in the travel ban and whatnot and cant name a single thing lmao what a bunch of tools.
Quote:
.lmao you think i care about your articles shove em up one spot you probably wrote them yourself for all i care some people actually have a life and have things that need to be done everyday unlike the democrats who sit on welfare/food stamps and sit on these forums like wakeworld and reddit complaining about trump like wtf hes your president if your foot is on american soil if you dont like trump and want to change something then pack your bag and gtfo here the US doesnt need you anyways

Actually, I live in SoCal, I'm self employed my whole life. Self employed people are not allowed to collect anything (welfare, food stamps, unemployment...) from the Gov't. Ive never received a penny I didn't earn the honest way. I pay a boatload of taxes too.
So, instead of me whining about trump or listening to the biased media... ill just ask you a question. What are your thoughts on the current tax plans the senate and house are looking to make law in the USA? Simple unbiased question, no politics, no angry wolves, no name calling, no BS. What do you think?
I try to avoid the name calling, I ask a simple question regarding your views on the current tax plans the party you are enthusiastically supporting is attempting to make law. I am not posting sophomoric memes taunting or anything else. I personally don't agree with the tax plan, I was wondering what someone who supports the current administration sees in it. So far I can only guess its hatred of the past president, Dems, liberals...Is that it? Hate the previous party in power so much that anything is better? Or, do you support what they are doing, re the tax plan. Any of the libratard haters have an opinion?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2017, 2:19 PM Reply   
I can understand the "Outrage" when its to do with cruelty to animals or children. I'm not sending anyone death threats tho.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-16-2017, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
I’m not sending anyone death threats tho
Sorry Ralph I would give you a gold star or a cookie, but unfortunately “Not sending death threats to anyone” is part of being a normal human. Plus your a White Male so you have to work extra hard to get a Gold Star or Cookie. But keep up the good work we all appreciate it LOL LOL
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2017, 3:24 PM Reply   
Its great to be appreciated! Safe spaces for everyone. Yay!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-16-2017, 3:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Do you not get the message? Its saying that patriots will use their right to bear arms and protect our families, properties,schools etc against the enemy i thought it was pretty easy to see that lmao. Did you say the government has better weapons ? yeah they do which they will use to destroy you if you let them thats 1 of the reasons to keep our guns.

I have to explain a meme on here
And I will now explain what I thought I was obvious. The government has much better guns than you so your right to bear arms (ignoring the whole well regulated militia part) is WORTHLESS against the government that you seem to think is coming to get you. But never mind and keep watching Red Dawn on a loop.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-16-2017, 4:41 PM Reply   
Plhorn: your a dong tard, & “Red Dawn” come on, but to the point that the “Local PD has better arms then you so why be armed” that’s just stupid but you sound ignorant, notice how I didn’t say stupid or dumb. Just ignorant. You know what kills ignorance. Knowledge, so I’ll drop a little on you. First off depending on where you live your local PD May or May Not be better armed then you. Example I took these photos almost 1 year ago while driving threw Vacaville. Vacaville PD has a MRAP. If they want your A$$ and you pushed it they could unload this in your living room & 6 bad A$$’s jump out and cuff and stuff your so fast you might just think you Home Theater took over. So having 20 AR’s & 30,000 rounds is not gonna do you any good when your sitting in your lazy boy with your remote in hand when the MRAP “rings the door bell”
Attached Images

Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-16-2017, 6:27 PM Reply   
So you get triggered when the trophy hunter kill an elephant huh but what about the villagers living there and throwing hot tar balls at baby elephants any response on that?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/08/angry-...phant-7061890/

Who cares what laws we pass on animals in africa in the US .The people there are just gonna kill them all themselves.

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-16-2017 at 6:31 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-16-2017, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Sorry Ralph I would give you a gold star or a cookie, but unfortunately “Not sending death threats to anyone” is part of being a normal human. Plus your a White Male so you have to work extra hard to get a Gold Star or Cookie. But keep up the good work we all appreciate it LOL LOL
HAHAHA good one lol.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2017, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you get triggered when the trophy hunter kill an elephant huh but what about the villagers living there and throwing hot tar balls at baby elephants any response on that?.
Whenever humans treat animals poorly it makes me sad that we as species aren't more respectful of other things we share the planet with, it doesn't matter what nationality they are. I thought US citizens would hold themselves to a higher standard but apparently not, being the only country to withdraw from the climate accord pretty much sums up the american attitude towards being a good custodian of the planet.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-16-2017, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Whenever humans treat animals poorly it makes me sad that we as species aren't more respectful of other things we share the planet with, it doesn't matter what nationality they are. I thought US citizens would hold themselves to a higher standard but apparently not, being the only country to withdraw from the climate accord pretty much sums up the american attitude towards being a good custodian of the planet.
I agree we need to be more respectfull of other things we share the planet with but cmon man the climate accord was a scam as far as im concerned and im glad we withdrew from it plus what does it have to do with baby elephants getting killed kinda off topic dont you think or is it because we withdrew that the elephants are getting hot tar thrown at them lmaooo.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2017, 7:18 PM Reply   
195 countries disagree with you about the climate accord, even such well known environmental warriors like China, Russia and India have signed. In fact the whole world has signed, except USA which now is reviving the coal industry. Lol.

The link to the elephants is both are environmental issues, both times US shows a lack of leadership. Didn't think the dots were that far apart but apparently for some they are....
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-16-2017, 8:05 PM Reply   
The climate accord is a load of BS.
I cant read what you wrote in the second part it doesnt make sense "is both are " ???
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2017, 8:21 PM Reply   
Have you actually looked into the specifics of the climate accord or are you just against the idea in general?

The link between the climate accord and the allowing of the importation of trophy kills in to the USA is they are both environmental issues. Factor in putting a person in charge of the EPA who recieves campaign donations from the fossil fuel industry and you start to see a trend of a step towards big business at the cost to the environment. Not that it is a surprise, it's what trump campaigned on, and it's what the American people voted for.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-16-2017, 8:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Have you actually looked into the specifics of the climate accord or are you just against the idea in general?

The link between the climate accord and the allowing of the importation of trophy kills in to the USA is they are both environmental issues. Factor in putting a person in charge of the EPA who recieves campaign donations from the fossil fuel industry and you start to see a trend of a step towards big business at the cost to the environment. Not that it is a surprise, it's what trump campaigned on, and it's what the American people voted for.
Sorry man couldn't care any less about the "climate accord BS" its irrelevant. Of course its what people voted for did you see the way Trump was treated visiting other countries hes was treated with utmost respect and honor cause he doesnt mess around you start some crap with USA now your gonna be wiped from this earth gone in an instant we dont fool around with climate accord crap around here since the clown who doesnt know what restroom to use left in fact when he visited other countries nobody gave a crap about him because he was nothing but a puppet of the democrats he had no say in anything. Trump is the opposite he speaks his mind and doenst take BS from nobody thats what democrats and liberals cant stand they like puppets.

Hop on the Trump train bois or be run over were going full steam ahead and we aint stopping over here MAGA 2020.
Since Trump became president the US has no more seasons its summer 24/7 365 cause the snowflakes are melting rapidly.

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-16-2017 at 8:34 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2017, 9:31 PM Reply   
Ha ha, great troll. I need a safe space.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-16-2017, 10:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ha ha, great troll. I need a safe space.
You certainly do lol.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2017, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I try to avoid the name calling, I ask a simple question regarding your views on the current tax plans the party you are enthusiastically supporting is attempting to make law. I am not posting sophomoric memes taunting or anything else. I personally don't agree with the tax plan, I was wondering what someone who supports the current administration sees in it. So far I can only guess its hatred of the past president, Dems, liberals...Is that it? Hate the previous party in power so much that anything is better? Or, do you support what they are doing, re the tax plan. Any of the libratard haters have an opinion?
If I attempted to explain what I liked about the tax bill you would either a) refute my reasoning as to why I like it and just say that my opinion is false or b) tell me that lowering taxes would be at the expense of the middle and lower class and that I must hate minorities and women.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-17-2017, 7:59 AM Reply   
" Knowledge, so I’ll drop a little on you. First off depending on where you live your local PD May or May Not be better armed then you. Example I took these photos almost 1 year ago while driving threw Vacaville. Vacaville PD has a MRAP. If they want your A$$ and you pushed it they could unload this in your living room & 6 bad A$$’s jump out and cuff and stuff your so fast you might just think you Home Theater took over. So having 20 AR’s & 30,000 rounds is not gonna do you any good when your sitting in your lazy boy with your remote in hand when the MRAP “rings the door bell”

You just backed up his point..???
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-17-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
^^^ I supported his point, you must have forgot about the part where I said “DEPENDING on where you live” Some PD’s are no better armed then Barney Fife, and you have a 40 Min wait time for “service” some PDs will show up in as little as 2 mins.
Attached Images

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-17-2017, 8:49 AM Reply   
I guess it threw me off that you supported his point after calling him ignorant. My bad.....
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-17-2017, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
^^^ I supported his point, you must have forgot about the part where I said “DEPENDING on where you live” Some PD’s are no better armed then Barney Fife, and you have a 40 Min wait time for “service” some PDs will show up in as little as 2 mins.
Last I checked the gun nuts aren't worried about just the local PD coming to get them but the government with a capital G and probably misspelled.
So my point still stands, your guns are worthless because the "Goberment is commin to git ya" and they can kick your ignorant gun-toting butt whenever they want.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-17-2017, 10:09 AM Reply   
I see your point, & yes Its a valid one. 99% of Gun Toating people Don’t think they can hold off the full force of a hypothetical “Tyrannical Government” but the Idea that it’s usless to arm yourself cause the government can overpower at will is foolish In my Opinion.
Some people have a huge Insurance policy That makes them feel safe. Some people have a Big O dog that makes them feel safe. Some people have a cell phone where they can call 911 and that makes them feel safe. Some people feel they are gonna pray to God and that will make them feel safe. Some people have a Arsenal
Of guns and ammo and that makes them feel safe. Point is what ever makes you feel safe and is legal I’m cool with it. I’m not gonna tell some one their teddy bear and special blanket is not so $hit for them, you do you and I’ll do me, and we will both be fine.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-17-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Some people have a huge Insurance policy That makes them feel safe. Some people have a Big O dog that makes them feel safe. Some people have a cell phone where they can call 911 and that makes them feel safe. Some people feel they are gonna pray to God and that will make them feel safe. Some people have a Arsenal
Of guns and ammo and that makes them feel safe. Point is what ever makes you feel safe and is legal I’m cool with it. I’m not gonna tell some one their teddy bear and special blanket is not so $hit for them, you do you and I’ll do me, and we will both be fine.
Only in your examples only the guns make you feel safe while statistically making you and everyone one else less safe.

The NRA and the GOP are either doing nothing to keep the guns away from the crazies or are actively helping them (Trump's recent change to allow mentally unstable people more access to guns).

The mass shootings are happening so often we don't even put the flags at half mast for it anymore. Regular mass murder is too high a price to pay to make insecure people feel safer especially when they are making themselves less safe.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-17-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
If I attempted to explain what I liked about the tax bill you would either a) refute my reasoning as to why I like it and just say that my opinion is false or b) tell me that lowering taxes would be at the expense of the middle and lower class and that I must hate minorities and women.
Exactly pointless to debate the tax bill on here If Trump said the sky was blue all the democrats would start debating that its not simply because whatever thing Trump says or does they want to go against its in there little mind to go against absolutely anything he says even if they agree with him.

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-17-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-17-2017, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Only in your examples only the guns make you feel safe while statistically making you and everyone one else less safe.

The NRA and the GOP are either doing nothing to keep the guns away from the crazies or are actively helping them (Trump's recent change to allow mentally unstable people more access to guns).

The mass shootings are happening so often we don't even put the flags at half mast for it anymore. Regular mass murder is too high a price to pay to make insecure people feel safer especially when they are making themselves less safe.
So what is your position? No guns allowed to the public? Some guns? Harder screening(which I am all for)?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-17-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:

Quote:

You realize mass murderers would acquire guns no matter if they were illegal or not. There are plenty of steps and checks in place. I will acknowledge there are too many gaps , but all that needs to happen is to tighten those up. The other thing that needs to happen is more strict penalties for gun law violations. Especially for repeat offenders. Right now there really is no “high risk “ associated wiith being caught in possession of an illegal firearm. So more people say f it and arm themselves illegallly . If you get probation every time your charged with a felony gun crime there really is no risk. Start enforcing gun law penalties to their maximum potential for each violation.......... but then we will be back to the “it’s racist “argument again from the left, because minorities will be imprisoned more, but I can guarantee you’ll see a drop in gun crime .

Besides guns , Have you ever heard the argument social media is more is more to blame for mass shootings than the actual guns themselves ? I have heard multiple arguments on several platforms ranging from the ICPA , ITOA, and other social experts . Facebook live, and other outlets allow gangs to taunt each other in real time , allow a platform for “likeminded “ to share their views and thoughts, allow side groups to form and groups of disturbed individuals to make a name for themselves , recruit others and access people with the same crazy thoughts. Allows real time
Viewing and a platform to became instantly famous . If you ask me, the mental portion of turning someone into a mass shooter is way more important than the access to a firearm , most would agree I think as well , yet there is no discussion about that segment in prime time or by any political leader . Social media is way more destructive than any piece of steel in my opinion.

I’ll continue to carry mine 24/7 much like many responsible American’s. A majority of these gun carrying Americans make our country safer FACT! I’ll take my chances going to a venue where everyone is legally armed then sitting in a gun free zone any day of the week.

Some more fun facts for you .how many of those you think were comitted by legal gun owners?

Name:  E6460716-957B-4966-963C-2CB552372BA5.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  77.7 KB
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-17-2017, 11:53 AM Reply   
Want to reduce gun violence?
The Liberal Approach is Ineffective.
Use a Public Health Approach Instead.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-17-2017, 12:09 PM Reply   
The most interesting thing about the article Wes posted is that gun owners and households with not guns agree (more or less) on the following:
background checks for all gun buyers
Preventing the mentally ill from buying guns
Nationwide ban on the sale of guns to people convicted of violent crimes
Barring gun purchases by people on no-fly or watch lists
Background checks for private sales and at gun shows
Federal mandatory waiting period on all gun purchases
A ban on modifications that make a semi- automatic gun work like an automatic gun
A ban on the sale of guns to people convicted of violent crimes would reduce gun violence
New gun laws will not interfere with the right to own guns
Congress is not doing enough to reduce gun violence
Creating a federal database to track gun sales
A ban on the sale of high-capacity ammunition magazines (10+ bullets)*

But the NRA and the GOP fights against implementing most if not all of this stuff. If you agree with the list and support the NRA you need to reevaluate your decisions.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-17-2017, 12:13 PM Reply   
I agree with all of that. I must be a liberal. Now I am off to go duck hunting.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2017, 12:40 PM Reply   
TBH I really am researching trying to decide if the tax bill is good or bad. Two ways to look at this: a) how does this effect my income. and b) how does this effect the economy as a whole.

a) both the house and senate plan lower my income tax at what I currently make, and what I can hope to make in the foreseeable future. So far I actually like the senate bill better. Just FYI I am a millennial living in Louisiana. So on that side, sounds nice.
Another thing, I work in sales, and my customers are mostly S corps. Most of them will see a pretty big tax cut so they say and hopefully they attempt to grow and re-up to new equipment when they get those taxes reduced. Therefor, sell more, make more money, I like it!

b) I am not an economist, so idk.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-17-2017, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Want to reduce gun violence?
The Liberal Approach is Ineffective.
Use a Public Health Approach Instead.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

In my opinion , not discussing anything related to the article , gun crime is and has always been a social / mental issue not a “physical steel /polymer gun” issue.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-17-2017, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
The most interesting thing about the article Wes posted is that gun owners and households with not guns agree (more or less) on the following:
background checks for all gun buyers
Preventing the mentally ill from buying guns
Nationwide ban on the sale of guns to people convicted of violent crimes
Barring gun purchases by people on no-fly or watch lists
Background checks for private sales and at gun shows
Federal mandatory waiting period on all gun purchases
A ban on modifications that make a semi- automatic gun work like an automatic gun
A ban on the sale of guns to people convicted of violent crimes would reduce gun violence
New gun laws will not interfere with the right to own guns
Congress is not doing enough to reduce gun violence
Creating a federal database to track gun sales
A ban on the sale of high-capacity ammunition magazines (10+ bullets)*

But the NRA and the GOP fights against implementing most if not all of this stuff. If you agree with the list and support the NRA you need to reevaluate your decisions.
Those laws in most states are in the books. The follow ups and record keeping of individuals that shouldn’t qualify is what’s lacking and is the enforcement . I am not opposed to stricter regulations , but the proposals from the left are so far out of touch I don’t think they can get to a happy medium , so the right stance is leave it as is til we can agree on something constructive .

The watch list ban is a hard one. One side of the coin is the ability to keep surveillance and monitor no fly subjects with the utmost secrecy. The other side is denying them access and possibly alerting them they are being watched. Tough call

Semi auto vs fully auto ban, Search YouTube , most common misconception imo is that a fully auto gun can cause more damage simply because it’s fire rate is faster . Ever tried to hold a fully auto AR or AK 47 on targwtbin full auto mode ? Dam near impossible . It’s another fallacy . Both guns can inflict the same amount of carnage if the person behind the trigger knows how to pull it. A semi auto rifle is way more accurate , and you can dump almost as many round that “count” in the same fashion as a fully auto gun .

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-17-2017 at 1:25 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-17-2017, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nah. I would read it first and then.... Plus you seem to actually think things thru. Re your "b)" yes on part one, no on part 2.

Quote:
TBH I really am researching trying to decide if the tax bill is good or bad. Two ways to look at this: a) how does this effect my income. and b) how does this effect the economy as a whole.

a) both the house and senate plan lower my income tax at what I currently make, and what I can hope to make in the foreseeable future. So far I actually like the senate bill better. Just FYI I am a millennial living in Louisiana. So on that side, sounds nice.
Another thing, I work in sales, and my customers are mostly S corps. Most of them will see a pretty big tax cut so they say and hopefully they attempt to grow and re-up to new equipment when they get those taxes reduced. Therefor, sell more, make more money, I like it!

b) I am not an economist, so idk.
See, this is why tax reform is so difficult. In your state, it works. In my state workers making $10K-$75K per year pay more taxes. Millionaires pay less. That is F'ed up. The last thing people making $10K a year need is a tax hike. Then on top of the tax hike their insurance premiums go up as a nice little bonus. The Senate plan removes the mandate to have insurance so its estimated premiums will go up 10% or so.
They are saying that S corp owners will pocket more $. So your customers have more disposable income, another win for you if they choose to spend it. (just an aside...I work in sales too. But, if the plan is passed and there are restrictions to the mortgage deduction, property tax deduction and SALT...it kills my biz. Tax plans need to be complicated in order to work for all, or at least most). This is why I believe tax reform is so difficult and I disagree with the process the administration used to "throw it together". They did this all on their own without input from any "experts" or the other party repping the country.
So can anyone explain why millionaires and large corporations NEED a big tax cut? The Big corporations all have billion$ in cash...they are not spending it. Millionaires have plenty of disposable income but you can only have so many $5K suits and purses. The repubs did this during the Reagan years and again under Bush. Neither time did the $$ trickle down. Why will this time be different. Income disparity is at all time highs and every time this trickle down theory gets a shot...the disparity becomes larger. I recently read that the 8 richest individuals in the world have the same amount of money as the poorest 50% of the entire world. Trump campaigned on clearing the swamp, sticking up for the forgotten middle class yet his actions, accomplishments and goals (taxcut) do not align with those promises, just the opposite.
The tax plan needs more work, it needs more thought on how tax and deductions are calculated, more on where the taxpayer lives and are they paying state tax, property tax...on and on.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-17-2017, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Semi auto vs fully auto ban, Search YouTube , most common misconception imo is that a fully auto gun can cause more damage simply because it’s fire rate is faster . Ever tried to hold a fully auto AR or AK 47 on targwtbin full auto mode ? Dam near impossible . It’s another fallacy . Both guns can inflict the same amount of carnage if the person behind the trigger knows how to pull it. A semi auto rifle is way more accurate , and you can dump almost as many round that “count” in the same fashion as a fully auto gun .
Apparently Steve Paddock figured how to fix this "misconception". You just fire into a crowd of 10,000 and don't worry about aiming. Damage done.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-17-2017, 3:59 PM Reply   
Taxes - yes to what 95sn said, not to mention a 350 BILLION dollar cut to medicare/medicaid? Nope. I'm in the 1% and I don't want this bs because it's bad for the economy and bad for the middle class and bad for the whole country in the long run.

Guns - also agree with 95sn - mass murder isn't about being accurate.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-18-2017, 2:46 AM Reply   
You do realize that the Vegas shooter DID NOT use fully auto weapons . He used modified semi auto weapon(s), more specifically one with a bump stock that is designed to fire rounds faster then a semi auto , but be easier to mantain target acquisition with . Also found/used was one with an alleged modified hand crank. He didn’t “fix the misconception” he outfitted his guns a certain way in a calculated manner to achieve his goal of maximum carnage because he was aware of such details.

General question to the anti gunners or even those gun owners ........Do you really think if he couldn’t have gotten his hands on the guns he owned , that he still wouldn’t have found a way to carry out his plan? He could’ve drove a semi truck into a crowd of people , planted explosives . Which leads us back to the argument of are guns really the focus of blame. If the US was a gun free society , would that have been enough to stop this crazed lunatic , My answer is an emphatic no. Much like the question, would not having access to weapons reduce the suicide rate dramatically? Again no , people will find a way to get it done. Would a compete gun ban actually reduce crime ,That’s been proven to be a huge no , simply by areas with the toughest gun laws notoriously being the areas with the highest concentrated gun crime rates.

I am all for common sense regulations and restrictions , but blanket bans and a push for a gunless US is simply crazy talk. There are way more responsible gun owners than crazy’s with them. Punishing responsible owners or restricting acces completely based on the actions of outlying deranged individuals is ludicrous . The fact one portion of society doesn’t like guns , shouldn’t affect those that do. Much like the liberal bumper sticker , both can “coexist “ Like g mentioned . You do you and I’ll do me. If you don’t like guns don’t buy one , if you do like guns you should have the option to buy one. It’s a simple as that . My choice to carry doesn’t effect you and you choice to not carry doesn’t effect me .
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-18-2017, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
lower my income tax at what I currently make, and what I can hope to make in the foreseeable future. So far I actually like the senate bill better. Just FYI I am a millennial living in Louisiana. So on that side, sounds nice.
There was a republican senator(Johnson) that is not supporting the tax bill because the bill does not give pass through(small) businesses the same tax relief it gives corporations. S-corps. Are a pass through business and would Not get the 20% tax rate. Most businesses in the US are pass through businesses and pass through businesses employ the most people in the US so, the senate bill definitely help the large corps. and Not small businesses like they said they would help on the campaign trail.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-18-2017, 7:50 AM Reply   
Seems like the fairest way to tax corps is to allow them to deduct dividends paid from profits, and tax dividends paid to the recipient at normal tax rates. That would be better than lowering the corp tax rate.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-18-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Much like the question, would not having access to weapons reduce the suicide rate dramatically? Again no , people will find a way to get it done.

did you not read the article that blatantly disputes this?
Attached Images

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-19-2017, 1:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
did you not read the article that blatantly disputes this?
Have you not read the multiple sources based on factual data that dispute that claim.
Did you know that article actually left out the factual data and is very misleading. Did you know that gun violence was already on the rise before they changed the law , and changing the law actually reduced the “spike “ in gun violence that was already happening before the law change?

It’s always good to know the facts behind the data. Here’s one of the many articles explaining the misleading claims .
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...ntrol.amp.html

I bet you can also guess where a majority of the the gun crimes are occurring and which areas have experienced the most significant increase. I am sure you are aware that the population demographics of Missouri have mirrored /matched the increases in violent crimes . Missouri has been the prime talking point for liberal anti gunners for a decade now. Several aspects argued in the Missouri findings have all been explained and disputed. Don’t believe headlines . Other areas across the nation that have instituted stricter gun laws in the same period have seen ,in some cases, double the increase in violent crime that Missouri has seen. Those areas are evidence contrary to the taking point.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-19-2017 at 1:38 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-19-2017, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
You do realize that the Vegas shooter DID NOT use fully auto weapons . He used modified semi auto weapon(s), more specifically one with a bump stock that is designed to fire rounds faster then a semi auto , but be easier to mantain target acquisition with . Also found/used was one with an alleged modified hand crank. He didn’t “fix the misconception” he outfitted his guns a certain way in a calculated manner to achieve his goal of maximum carnage because he was aware of such details.

General question to the anti gunners or even those gun owners ........Do you really think if he couldn’t have gotten his hands on the guns he owned , that he still wouldn’t have found a way to carry out his plan? He could’ve drove a semi truck into a crowd of people , planted explosives . Which leads us back to the argument of are guns really the focus of blame. If the US was a gun free society , would that have been enough to stop this crazed lunatic , My answer is an emphatic no. Much like the question, would not having access to weapons reduce the suicide rate dramatically? Again no , people will find a way to get it done. Would a compete gun ban actually reduce crime ,That’s been proven to be a huge no , simply by areas with the toughest gun laws notoriously being the areas with the highest concentrated gun crime rates.

I am all for common sense regulations and restrictions , but blanket bans and a push for a gunless US is simply crazy talk. There are way more responsible gun owners than crazy’s with them. Punishing responsible owners or restricting acces completely based on the actions of outlying deranged individuals is ludicrous . The fact one portion of society doesn’t like guns , shouldn’t affect those that do. Much like the liberal bumper sticker , both can “coexist “ Like g mentioned . You do you and I’ll do me. If you don’t like guns don’t buy one , if you do like guns you should have the option to buy one. It’s a simple as that . My choice to carry doesn’t effect you and you choice to not carry doesn’t effect me .
You guys always resort to "he could have used something else to commit the murders" line. That is BS. Let's say there was an increase in people renting trucks to commit mass murders. Would you be opposed to tighter regulations on people renting trucks?

I'll sit back and see if you will answer honestly without having to resort to the ole "you're a liberal" argument. There are plenty of non-liberals that don't have a problem with tighter restrictions on buying guns. It's disingenuous for you to continue with talk of a blanket ban on guns. I haven't heard of democrats pushing for a total ban on buying firearms.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-20-2017, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
You guys always resort to "he could have used something else to commit the murders" line. That is BS. Let's say there was an increase in people renting trucks to commit mass murders. Would you be opposed to tighter regulations on people renting trucks?

I'll sit back and see if you will answer honestly without having to resort to the ole "you're a liberal" argument. There are plenty of non-liberals that don't have a problem with tighter restrictions on buying guns. It's disingenuous for you to continue with talk of a blanket ban on guns. I haven't heard of democrats pushing for a total ban on buying firearms.
The irony in your suggestion is the left would pounce on it & call it discriminatory since it would exceed current requirements of having a valid ID & insurance. What would it be that you suggest be the factors not to rent? That they look like they might commit a murder? Background check to make sure they don't have a record of killing with cars? What you're suggesting is rather comical & pretty much shows more regulations for guns or car rentals wouldn't work. People like you always suggest more laws while ignoring that we don't enforce the ones we have. Most of these shootings have been people who fell through the cracks, proving most of it is government incompetence not the lack of laws.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-20-2017, 9:01 AM Reply   
^^^^ spot on^^^^^

The same point could be said for pretty much everything that plagues this great nation. “Enforce the laws that we currently have on the books. “ Immigration for one thing. The first thing people don’t recognize is that FACT that people are here illegally. Your here illegally. You broke rule #1 “DO NOT PASS GO” end of story. if they would inforce rule number #1 we wouldnt have the all the other issues & regulations laws that stem from people being here illegally.

On a Side note have you noticed that the Name “illegal alien” has all but disappeared from vocabulary.
#1 First it was “illegal alien” the proper name of a person came into this country and either overstayed your Visa or snuck in.
#2 then the term illegal alien was slowly replaced by “undocumented citizen” wow so all the sudden you’re now a citizen.
#3 now they are referred to as “immigrants”

Do you see how people from the left always keep moving the line of reality ever so slightly. The left says things like “why are u grumpy old men getting excited and about what we call things what’s the big deal” it’s because it’s not a simple name change. Look at my example above. Over 20 years the same “Illegal alien” transformed into a “innocent & poor immigrant”
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2017, 10:47 PM Reply   
Only the best people!

http://m.newsok.com/former-oklahoma-...rticle/5572707
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-21-2017, 12:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
The irony in your suggestion is the left would pounce on it & call it discriminatory since it would exceed current requirements of having a valid ID & insurance. What would it be that you suggest be the factors not to rent? That they look like they might commit a murder? Background check to make sure they don't have a record of killing with cars? What you're suggesting is rather comical & pretty much shows more regulations for guns or car rentals wouldn't work. People like you always suggest more laws while ignoring that we don't enforce the ones we have. Most of these shootings have been people who fell through the cracks, proving most of it is government incompetence not the lack of laws.
Racer pretty much hit it spot on . Non need to add anything
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-21-2017, 4:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Let me guess. Your suggestion is to create fear-mongering that the govt. was going to take away trucks and then you would advocate truck manufacturers to produce record amount of trucks. Maybe we ban Muslims from renting trucks?

You do realize that the NRA pumps millions into campaigns to keep the 2nd amendment non-issue alive, correct. You are simply a rube that actually believes someone is coming to take your guns.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-21-2017, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Let me guess. Your suggestion is to create fear-mongering that the govt. was going to take away trucks and then you would advocate truck manufacturers to produce record amount of trucks. Maybe we ban Muslims from renting trucks?

You do realize that the NRA pumps millions into campaigns to keep the 2nd amendment non-issue alive, correct. You are simply a rube that actually believes someone is coming to take your guns.
So nothing of intelligence to add then? Thought so. Thanks for playing, Mouth of Wisdom. You realize you're the dumbass that suggested it? Let me guess, you're a liberal who can only repeat what your masters tell you to as you lick the boots of liberalism, cry & masturbate in the corner to pictures of Hillary? You realize both sides spend billions in indoctrinating the masses? You're a rube who just enjoys being the pivot man in your liberal circle jerk.

Last edited by racer808; 11-21-2017 at 6:39 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 9:00 AM Reply   
America is an incredibly polarized society who will continue to kill each other at record rates while each side dig in further and further. Winning.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-21-2017, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
America is an incredibly polarized society who will continue to kill each other at record rates while each side dig in further and further. Winning.
Yeah it's actually a lot better than what the online rhetoric & media makes you think. If you do math, bro, there are no record rates of people getting killed & mathematically speaking all of the shootings combined, suicides, death by accident, etc are rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Sad but true.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
Oh, that's good then, carry on as usual. I'm sure the trend will just right itself.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
Actually you are right gun death rate is actually declining, I guess if you just accept that current levels are ok, you just got to shrug when the next event happens.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
Just FYI The attached chart is an example of how somebody with a vested interest can manipulate data to display what they like.

The American data uses the left hand scale and the Ausy data uses the right hand scale. So on first look, it seems usa and ausy start in a similar position and diverge rapidly after legislation. But infact USA and Ausy gun deaths are not similar with USA starting at 15/100,000 and Ausy at 3.6/100,000 more than 4x more for the USA.

At the end it is 11 to 1. 11x more gun deaths per capita in the US than in Ausy. If you think that is ok and doesn't need attention, i don't know what else to say.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-21-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just FYI The attached chart is an example of how somebody with a vested interest can manipulate data to display what they like.

The American data uses the left hand scale and the Ausy data uses the right hand scale. So on first look, it seems usa and ausy start in a similar position and diverge rapidly after legislation. But infact USA and Ausy gun deaths are not similar with USA starting at 15/100,000 and Ausy at 3.6/100,000 more than 4x more for the USA.

At the end it is 11 to 1. 11x more gun deaths per capita in the US than in Ausy. If you think that is ok and doesn't need attention, i don't know what else to say.
Except you leave out that if we take away Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago we actually have the lowest. All cities with the toughest gun laws in the nation. Do that & come back with your math & charts.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 10:44 AM Reply   
Sorry, don't know what you mean
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/dea...ghest-rates/6/
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-21-2017, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nice try, those stats include suicide when we're talking homicides. But it does bring a good point; Gun laws won't lower those numbers so it's practically moot. Why are you so concerned with another country by the way? How do our gun laws & shootings affect you in anyway other than your mental state & sitting on WW acting like you have some deep understanding of this place? You should be more concerned about how we're gonna suck you into a Korean war. Something that actually affects your nation.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-21-2017, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wake:You do realize that the NRA pumps millions into campaigns to keep the 2nd amendment non-issue alive, correct. You are simply a rube that actually believes someone is coming to take your guns.
Oooo the big bad wolf the NRA. Hey dumb dumb where do you THINK? The NRA gets its $ any Idea how large the NRA membership is?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-21-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
You know I think I’m finally understanding what it’s like for liberals.They had eight years OBOZO! With him trying to take away guns and signing us up for lopsided climate and trade deals where the US is getting bent over . Obozo granting citizenship to thousands of illegal aliens. And the list goes on. Then along comes Trump. And all the sudden their liberal wet dream has come to an end. I guess these Snowflakes Thought they were going to have it their way forever. No wonder why Van Jones said that the Trump victory was a white lashing
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nice try, those stats include suicide when we're talking homicides. But it does bring a good point; Gun laws won't lower those numbers so it's practically moot. Why are you so concerned with another country by the way? How do our gun laws & shootings affect you in anyway other than your mental state & sitting on WW acting like you have some deep understanding of this place? You should be more concerned about how we're gonna suck you into a Korean war. Something that actually affects your nation.
Well I totally disagree that the ready access to guns has no effect on the overall suicide rate. Having an "easy" way to kill yourself IMO lowers the "Barrier to entry"

Just because you are in another country doesn't mean I don't have compassion for your society, my patriotism doesn't work that way. And truthfully I like understanding the human condition and find these types of discussion entertaining, it helps me reformulate my ideas about how people tick. Seeing how the "right wing" Americans mind works is something I get very little exposure to in my immediate circle.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-21-2017, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well I totally disagree that the ready access to guns has no effect on the overall suicide rate. Having an "easy" way to kill yourself IMO lowers the "Barrier to entry"

Just because you are in another country doesn't mean I don't have compassion for your society, my patriotism doesn't work that way. And truthfully I like understanding the human condition and find these types of discussion entertaining, it helps me reformulate my ideas about how people tick. Seeing how the "right wing" Americans mind works is something I get very little exposure to in my immediate circle.
The vast majority of the shootings have been left leaning anti government types who were heavily medicated or recently stopped taking their meds. Perhaps if people like you got off the focus of "right wing", we might actually be able to look at the actual root cause. We've had tons of guns forever. Haven't really had mass shootings till society became heavily medicated.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       11-21-2017, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
The vast majority of the shootings have been left leaning anti government types who were heavily medicated or recently stopped taking their meds. Perhaps if people like you got off the focus of "right wing", we might actually be able to look at the actual root cause. We've had tons of guns forever. Haven't really had mass shootings till society became heavily medicated.
Oh pure BS. Care to back up your "opinion"?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-21-2017, 2:22 PM Reply   

Facts.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-21-2017, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicr View Post
Oh pure BS. Care to back up your "opinion"?
Why don't you disprove your "opinion" on the matter, Mouth of Wisdom? I'll wait.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-21-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am pretty sure it’s only one segment of society in America hell bent on killing each other with guns and it’s not responsible gun owners or republicans .
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2017, 3:03 PM Reply   
Trump supporting the pedophile. Republicans, the party of class. Drain the swamp, right?
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...labama-n823026
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2017, 3:14 PM Reply   
Since you guys like pictures and exaggerating and memes (not much for readin, writin, and thinkin...) Heres one you don't have to read much. Just look at the pictures.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8066911.html
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-21-2017, 3:28 PM Reply   
I also can’t believe a guy is trying to compare gun grime in the US to gun crime to Australia in order to make an anti gun rant. That’s the single funniest thing I’ve read today . If we took away all the shootings confined to major ghettos ,committed by one single demographic ........Split that demographics population index evenly between both countries , what do you think that would do to the numbers in Australia.

Here’s some other numbers for you. Think population density has anything to do with murder rates ?

https://www.infoplease.com/us/us-cit...ation-and-rank

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._by_population

Gee let’s look at the population numbers of those most populous major urban areas that account for the largest number of gun crimes , and compare those numbers to numbers in Australian cities . Let’s further look at the racial demographic breakdeown between the leading areas in both countries. Let’s also compare the number of crimes committed with legally purchased and owned firearms in both countries. Do you have that data?

I don’t know if you know how to read a chart but a sudden spike is an anomaly. Gun crime was on the same pace to decline with or without the new gun law. Suspiciously missing from the chart is the notation/mark/data on why you had such a significant spike in gun crime in 96. Do you think that had anything to do with the mass shooting in which 35 people were killed and 23 more were wounded? Do you think that single event being largest mass shooting ever recorded in Austrilian history had anything to do with skewing a graph at a time when the decided to tighten gun laws? It was a nice attempt to try and prove a point that doesn’t exist, but please next time provide all the facts and data behind the numbers.

Your attempt to compare two countries that couldn’t be any more different than one another in population density and demographics was admirable , but it’s a failed effort . That’s precisely what’s wrong with the effort from the left to curb gun violence. They consistently look to other societies for arguments that have nothing in common with the areas experiencing the highest increases skewing the stats in our own country.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-21-2017 at 3:30 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-21-2017, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Since you guys like pictures and exaggerating and memes (not much for readin, writin, and thinkin...) Heres one you don't have to read much. Just look at the pictures.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8066911.html
Idiot, look at that whale in the pic and you can have whatever pics you want on your car just know that your actions have consequences meaning you can have any sticker you want but when you come into work next morning and your boss says gtfo here we dont want people like you here the company doesnt want that kind of person working for them/representing them then your outta luck (providing people like that have a job they mostly dont they sit on welfare and foodstamps).

Remember the imbecile who flipped off Trump she living in a cardboard box under the bridge a lot of good she got out of it she lost her job for 10 minutes of spotlight.

And btw as far as reading, writing and thinking there is nothing to think read or write about when it comes to democrats the pic sums it all up.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2017, 4:51 PM Reply   
Ahhh, Someone need a hug?

There are no consequences, Trump, the self admitted sexual predator and pedophile supporter said he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose a vote, remember? Consequences are for regular folks not Stars, they grab pussy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Think population density has anything to do with murder rates ?
Hadn't occurred to me it would be a factor, we could compare gun violence numbers to Japan if it makes you feel better.

Quote:
Let’s further look at the racial demographic breakdeown between the leading areas in both countries. Let’s also compare the number of crimes committed with legally purchased and owned firearms in both countries. Do you have that data?
Ok lets look, provide the data.

Quote:
I don’t know if you know how to read a chart but a sudden spike is an anomaly. Gun crime was on the same pace to decline with or without the new gun law. Suspiciously missing from the chart is the notation/mark/data on why you had such a significant spike in gun crime in 96. Do you think that had anything to do with the mass shooting in which 35 people were killed and 23 more were wounded? Do you think that single event being largest mass shooting ever recorded in Austrilian history had anything to do with skewing a graph at a time when the decided to tighten gun laws? It was a nice attempt to try and prove a point that doesn’t exist, but please next time provide all the facts and data behind the numbers.
Yes of course that's what happened. The trend of both countries is down, one had a tragedy and reacted to it, and the trend accelerated for them and stayed constant for the other. I don't really see the point you are making.

Quote:
Your attempt to compare two countries that couldn’t be any more different than one another in population density and demographics was admirable , but it’s a failed effort . That’s precisely what’s wrong with the effort from the left to curb gun violence. They consistently look to other societies for arguments that have nothing in common with the areas experiencing the highest increases skewing the stats in our own country.
Ausy & US are very similar culturally, NZ is much more similar to the UK. At the end of the day people are people and what drives there behavior is variations of the same theme. If the behavior from two groups is so different you have to look at the environment to see why.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-21-2017, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hadn't occurred to me it would be a factor, we could compare gun violence numbers to Japan if it makes you feel better.

Ok lets look, provide the data.

Yes of course that's what happened. The trend of both countries is down, one had a tragedy and reacted to it, and the trend accelerated for them and stayed constant for the other. I don't really see the point you are making.

Ausy & US are very similar culturally, NZ is much more similar to the UK. At the end of the day people are people and what drives there behavior is variations of the same theme. If the behavior from two groups is so different you have to look at the environment to see why.
Your not answering them all you do is say provide the facts and when they are provided you just act like your blind and you didnt see the post lmao hypocrite.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2017, 6:51 PM Reply   
Shoosh wakeslash, adults are talking.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-21-2017, 8:41 PM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Vlf0SISTs&t=28s

LMAOOOO at all the black people feeling oppressed in here haha. And blaming everyone else for their troubles.

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-21-2017 at 8:48 PM.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-21-2017, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you think that had anything to do with the mass shooting in which 35 people were killed and 23 more were wounded? Do you think that single event being largest mass shooting ever recorded in Austrilian history had anything to do with skewing a graph at a time when the decided to tighten gun laws?
Yes, that mass shooting had everything to do with it. The government reacted took away the guns and guess how many Mass Gun Shootings Austrailia has had since then... I will give you a hint it's less than 1.

But I'm sure that was just a coincidence, and not the obvious logical result.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-21-2017, 9:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump supporting the pedophile. Republicans, the party of class. Drain the swamp, right?
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...labama-n823026
Hey Rube-publicans, we keep mentioning Roy Moore and none of you are doing your GOP duty to stand up and defend him. What's up with that. Trump supports pedophiles, you support Trump and if I remember algerbra if a=b and b=c then a=c so Trump supporters support pedophiles.

Tell me I'm wrong. GOP- Grumpy old pervs.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-22-2017, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, that mass shooting had everything to do with it. The government reacted took away the guns and guess how many Mass Gun Shootings Austrailia has had since then... I will give you a hint it's less than 1.

But I'm sure that was just a coincidence, and not the obvious logical result.

Ok genious. Explain the fact there wasn’t a previous mass shooting prior to that event either when the gun law wasn’t in effect........Typical knee jerk, one sided , overreaction by a government based on a single outlying event..........But hey don’t let facts get in the way of a crusade

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-22-2017 at 4:49 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-22-2017, 5:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok genious. Typical knee jerk, one sided , overreaction by a government based on a single outlying event..........But hey don’t let facts get in the way of a crusade
Are we talking about gun control or 9/11?

p.s. correct spelling of the word genius... kinda important when you want to use it sarcastically to insult someone's intelligence.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-22-2017, 5:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Facts.
sweet meme!

I think you forgot "be apostrophe nazis" on that list.

("girl's bathrooms" lol)
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-22-2017, 7:27 AM Reply   
So, the USA has 112 guns per 100 people. More than 1 gun for every person in the USA. This highest per capita gun rate in the world.

Our gun homicide rates are 10x higher than most other European/Developed Nations. The only countries with higher gun homicide rates than us are almost all in S. America.
Our gun death rate (including suicide) is one of the highest in the world.
Our Gun death rate by suicide is 2nd highest in the world.

I just want to get this straight - you pro gun guys think we need more guns to fix this issue?

or do you just not see any correlation at all between the number of guns in a country to gun deaths in a country?

Or do you just not think that our high rate of gun deaths (by homicide, accident, suicide) is an issue at all?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-22-2017, 7:43 AM Reply   
Ian
I think that most believe that even if you make it more difficult for a good guy to get a gun, the bad guy will always find one.
and
With so many guns out there, getting rid of them is impossible

From the gun owners that I know, the feeling is that the progressive left will always want to nibble at the issue until their right to own ANY gun is taken away.

Therefore , they oppose almost ALL gun regulation
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-22-2017, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok genious. Explain the fact there wasn’t a previous mass shooting prior to that event either when the gun law wasn’t in effect........Typical knee jerk, one sided , overreaction by a government based on a single outlying event..........But hey don’t let facts get in the way of a crusade
I love your use of the word "facts". so let me explain why there wasn't a previous mass shooting before that the port arthur shooting and the ban on guns. The explanation is that you don't know what your talking about and therewere plenty of mass shootings before that event. Here's a list:

Hoddle Street massacre Clifton Hill, Victoria 7 dead
Queen Street massacre 8 December 1987 8 dead
Surry Hills shootings 30 August 1990 5 dead 7 injured
Strathfield massacre 17 August 1991 7 dead
Central Coast massacre 27 October 1992 6 dead
1993 Cangai siege March 1993 5 dead

I removed all the mass shooting that only involved family members or gang fights. There are alot of those too.

But I'm sure that gun control has nothing to do with the FACT that there haven't been any more mass shootings in Australia but there seems to be one a week here.